Thread: Man suffers heart attack at the Heart Attack Grill

Default Man suffers heart attack at the Heart Attack Grill

Man Suffers Heart Attack At The Unfortunately Named Heart Attack Grill - The Consumerist

Unfortunately for one man in Las Vegas, a restaurant lived up to its name quite literally. While dining out on a "Triple Bypass Burger," a man suffered a heart attack at The Heart Attack Grill over the weekend.

It's well-known, says FOX5 in Vegas, that the eatery is not of the healthy sort. Diners over 350 lbs eat for free, with items to choose from like Flatliner Fries, Butterfat Milkshakes and the "quadruple bypass burger" which can exceed 8,000 calories. Yes, 8,000. You read that correctly.

Although the waitstaff all wear nurse outfits and the owner calls himself Dr. Jon, no one at the restaurant is actually medically trained, so paramedics were called when the man started showing symptoms of a heart attack in the middle of his meal, and he is reportedly alive and recuperating. Whew.

The restaurant owner said there have been "a variety of incidents" in the past, but that this was the first full-scale coronary on the premises. So, that's good news...?

*Can't forget to thanks Wayne for the tip!
    Man suffers heart attack at Heart Attack Grill - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -
    The Heart Attack Grill in downtown Las Vegas lived up to its name Saturday night, when a customer dining on a "triple bypass burger" suffered an apparent heart attack.

Amateur video of the man being wheeled out of the restaurant by EMTs was posted to several web sites.

"He was having the sweats and shaking," said ‘Nurse' Bridgett, who was working at the restaurant when the man in his 40s began experiencing chest pains.

"Doctor" Jon Basso, who opened the restaurant in October, told FOX5 at first he thought it was a joke.

"One of the nurses came back to me and said, ‘Dr. Jon, we've got a patient who's in trouble.'"

The restaurant is known for not holding back on the food it serves. Signs around the business glorify bad eating habits and the menu includes items like Flatliner Fries, and Butterfat Milkshakes.

One meal, the "quadruple bypass burger" can easily exceed 8,000 calories.

The gentleman who suffered the heart attack was in the middle of eating a Triple Bypass burger when he began experiencing the symptoms.

Despite the clinical atmosphere, Basso is not actually a medical doctor, so he called 911. Paramedics and EMTs arrived in moments.

"The gentleman could barely talk," said Basso. "He was sweating, suffering. Anyone with an ounce of compassion would've felt for him."

Basso tells FOX5 he has heard the man is alive and recuperating. His name is still unknown.

The staff at the Heart Attack Grill willingly glorifies bad health. If you weigh over 350 pounds, you eat for free. And on Saturday night, Basso saw the other side.

"I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humor, we would never pull a stunt like that," he said.

Tourists were disheartened, but not entirely surprised to hear about the incident.

"I don't think I would walk into a place, even if it's called the Heart Attack Grill, and order food, and expect that I was going to have a heart attack," said Las Vegas resident Debbie Kaye.

Customers, however, continued eating the burgers, fries, and shakes Tuesday night.

"It says right on the door, it's hazardous to your health," diner CJ Beeman pointed out.

Basso said there have been a ‘variety of incidents' in the past, but this is the first full-scale coronary that happened in his restaurant.
    Heart Attack Grill Website

Elite Member

This only makes me crave a cheeseburger more. Maybe I have a death wish?

Oh the irony....
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

But that's not ironic. That's expected. Surprising it hasn't happened sooner.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    But that's not ironic. That's expected. Surprising it hasn't happened sooner.
    So would this be a coincidence?

they should install a defibrillator next to the deep fryer.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Oh the irony....
    Just thought that I'd point out that it would be irony if the place was called "The Health Shack" or something. This situation is entirely coincidental!

Well, he can't say he wasn't warned.

And people over 350 lbs eat for free? I know someone who would gain another 30 just for that.

I want to try this place one day. Nothing wrong with some indulgence now and again.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'd love to try it too. It looks fun and the burgers look yum!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

we were just in Vegas and saw this place while we were downtown on Fremont street. The place was not busy, but people (like me) were taking pictures of the signs outside the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Oh the irony....
    ...insert Hulk hulking out gif here...

source

source irony « My Other Blog

source

source
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    And people over 350 lbs eat for free? I know someone who would gain another 30 just for that.
    I do, too. It's the same people who would gain weight so they'd qualify for gastric bypass - and yes, I've known more than one that did.

One meal, the "quadruple bypass burger" can easily exceed 8,000 calories.
    Good grief. It takes me a week's worth of meals to eat that many calories.

Thread Information