Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Home-schooled girl to lawmakers: Vote down same sex marriage for my birthday

Default Home-schooled girl to lawmakers: Vote down same sex marriage for my birthday

Home-schooled girl to lawmakers: Vote down same sex marriage for my birthday | The Raw Story

Would someone be able to copy and paste this for me. For some reason I can't paste it here

A 14-year-old girl named “Sarah” asked lawmakers in Maryland on Tuesday to vote against marriage equality for her birthday.
    Testifying before Maryland’s Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee, Sarah said it “would be the best birthday present ever if you would vote no on gay marriage.”
    “I really feel bad for the kids who have two parents of the same gender,” the girl explained. “Even though some kids feel like it’s fine, they have no idea of what kind of wonderful experiences they miss out on. I don’t want any more kids to get confused about what’s right and OK.”

“People have the choice to be gay, but I don’t want to be affected by their choice,” Sarah continued. “People say they were just born that way, but I’ve met really nice adults who did change.”
    “So, please vote no on gay marriage.”
    The New Civil Rights Movement’s David Badash pointed to Sarah’s home schooling as possible source of her opposition to equal rights for gay men and lesbians.
    “This is the kind of ludicrous stupidity that comes when children are home schooled,” he wrote. “[B]y and large, home schooled kids are subject to an education of their parents’ making and that means they can be brainwashed like this 14-year-old.”
    “While we’re at it, how is it even possible that this 14-year old was allowed to testify? Who arranged this? What value does her testimony have, since she wasn’t raised by a same-sex couple?” Bash added. “Perhaps they’ll have a 13-year-old weigh in on the healthcare debate next?”
    The Maryland Senate is expected to eventually approve the marriage equality bill. But things do not look as hopeful in the House of Delegates, where lawmakers rejected a similar bill last year.
    Listen to this audio from Maryland’s Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee, recorded Jan. 31, 2012.

Elite Member

Her opinion shouldn't count any more than any other 14 year old's, and certainly not more than the opinion of children of gay couples. One of these days, this naive little girl will hopefully find out for herself that marriage equality doesn't take anything away from heteros. It's too bad this little twit is parroting the crap her parents teach her. They probably home-school her so that she won't meet any kids with gay parents. Blurgh.

Well, she's obviously brainwashed. Fucking asshole parents.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Fuck you Sarah.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

And how is denying rights to other people a birthday present? What a little idiot. Maybe next year when she turns 15 they can roll back the civil rights act for her.

She's only 14. I thought stupid things at that age too (ok nothing like this, but still..) but then I grew up. I hope she does too. It will be difficult if that's what her parents keep telling her but maybe she will see how wrong she is one day.

Fuck this twit. For my birthday I want to kick her in the cunt.
    Lenny likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Kill it with fire before it breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Fuck you Sarah.
    I just came in here to type the exact same thing!
    Sarah Palin in the making....

I just feel bad that she's been so brainwashed. Hopefully she gets a chance to step out and live in the real world some day.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Aw, how cute, a 14 year old who thinks she knows everything. Shut up you little twit and come back when you actually experienced how the real world works. I guarantee you that a lot of things are not what your mommy tells you when learning things at the school of the dining room table.

Also, there were no dinosaurs on Noah's Ark and the Grand Canyon is much older than your 'science' book tells you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    “While we’re at it, how is it even possible that this 14-year old was allowed to testify? Who arranged this? What value does her testimony have, since she wasn’t raised by a same-sex couple?” Bash added.
    Good question. She's someone's 14 year old puppet parroting back what she's heard others say. Once she grows up, matures, and maybe gets an education, I wonder if she'll be embarrassed that she threw herself out there to be a mouthpiece for someone's agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Fuck you Sarah.
    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Fuck this twit. For my birthday I want to kick her in the cunt.
    this!
    if she were 10 i'd cut her some slack, but at 14 you can think for yourself.

i also totally agree with this:

“This is the kind of ludicrous stupidity that comes when children are home schooled,” he wrote. “[B]y and large, home schooled kids are subject to an education of their parents’ making and that means they can be brainwashed like this 14-year-old.”
    Lenny likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

czb

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
    I just came in here to type the exact same thing!
    Sarah Palin in the making....
    i thought you would post 'racist skank'.

has anyone ever met a really well-rounded, educated home-schooled person? i'm curious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information