Thread: Loving Father Wants Daughter Institutionalized Because She’s Transgender

Default Loving Father Wants Daughter Institutionalized Because She’s Transgender

A German dad sounds like he needs a lesson from the princess boy's family — he's apparently threatening to put his 11-year-old daughter in a mental institution because she's transgender.

According to German-language website Taz, the girl, identified as Alexandra, is a happy kid who lives with her mom and likes pink, Harry Potter, and her stuffed unicorn. Since she identifies as a girl, she hopes to get hormone treatments to stop her from going through puberty (a treatment that's available and recommended for some trans kids, at least in the US). But her dad thinks her trans identity is actually a mental illness caused by her mom, and he wants his daughter institutionalized. The Berlin Youth Office apparently agrees, and according to IGLYO, Alexandra is about to be committed. Afterwards, the Youth Office allegedly recommends that Alexandra be forced to go through puberty as a man, and then plied with "football and cars" to make her more masculine. It also wants her placed with a foster family.

Alexandra's story raises a lot of questions, many of which are hard to answer. It hasn't received much coverage in the English-language media (other than this pickup on the Huffington Post), and the Google Translated version of the Taz article may not be completely reliable (for one thing, it refers to a child psychology expert as "Professor Udo smoked meat"). A better (or at least better-looking) translation is available at EssexGirlBecky. A British woman has started a Change.org petition asking the mayor of Berlin to reverse the Youth Office's decision, but I haven't yet been able to find an official statement by the Youth Office that they're actually institutionalizing Alexandra. I contacted an official from the Youth Office, but haven't received a reply.

Germany has made some strides in trans rights in the past few years. In 2009, the German Supreme Court ruled that surgery shouldn't necessarily be a precondition for letting someone legally change gender. And last year, Germany donated $65,000 to a Europe-wide project to defend LGBT rights — a representative of the country said, "There are still numerous areas where violations of human rights of lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgender people take place because of their sexual orientation. Germany is proud to contribute to this project." Hopefully if Alexandra is in danger of being institutionalized for her gender identity, the people in her country who have promised to protect trans rights will step in before it's too late.

Loving Father Wants Daughter Institutionalized Because She's Transgender
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This is awful! Why her dad can't just help her being happy instead of making her life difficult and making himself hated by his own child? I don't understand.

This just makes me sick! You 'd think he would be happy he has a healthy child.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

The mayor of Berlin is gay. I can't imagine he won't stop this girl from being institutionalized.

Lovely that the father is blaming the mother.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

^^ this case isn't in the news here, though, so he won't care.

it doesn't surprise me that CPS wants to institutionalize her. they are fucked up and currently all over the news again because they sent a girl to a foster family who were heroin addicts. she died of a methadone overdosis.

and the Google Translated version of the Taz article may not be completely reliable (for one thing, it refers to a child psychology expert as "Professor Udo smoked meat"
    his surname actually is smoked meat, though.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Thread Information