Thread: Alaskan granny beats moose off husband with shovel

Default Alaskan granny beats moose off husband with shovel

Alaska woman, 85, uses shovel to fend off moose

Associated Press – 6 hrs ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — An 85-year-old Alaska woman used a grain shovel to fend off an agitated moose that was stomping her husband.

George Murphy says his wife saved his life.

The Anchorage Daily News (Wife stops moose stomping with shovel: Mat-Su | Alaska news at adn.com) says the 82-year-old pilot, who flew for three decades for the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, was hiking with his golden retrievers near the Willow airport Friday. He saw the moose and dove in the snow, but the moose started stomping him.

His wife, Dorothea, who is 5 feet tall and weighs 97 pounds, grabbed a big shovel and hit the moose in the body and head.

She ran for help, and Murphy was rushed by medical helicopter to an Anchorage hospital. He was in good condition Monday with a gash to his head.
    Here's a link to a more detailed article. Wife stops moose stomping with shovel: Mat-Su | Alaska news at adn.com

Go granny!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

My kinda gal!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Syd

Total BAD ASS!

Love the title of this thread.

I hope Hubby makes it, in the longer article he also has a bad gash on his leg and seven broken ribs, those can turn serious at his age, but both seem tough as nails, so maybe he will be okay.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Syd

SEVEN broken ribs? Holy Hell! I broke 2 ribs last year trying to...well, never mind what I was doing...but I thought I was going to die.

Poor man.

Didn't know moose (plural?) were so aggressive. Awesome lady reminds me of the adrenaline junkie nanny from Hoodwinked.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

^^ Neither did I. I just thought they were dopey, slow things that did there own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post
    SEVEN broken ribs? Holy Hell! I broke 2 ribs last year trying to...well, never mind what I was doing...but I thought I was going to die.

Poor man.
    I'm sorry but I'm a nosy bitch... please explain how you broke your ribs.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Yeah, moose are nasty and aggressive. They are not Bullwinkle.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bronze Member

Awesome!

Yes they are aggressive. I was in Flagstaff, AZ sitting in bad traffic and "awwww look" at the cute moose in the little park next to us. Then for no reason we can figure, came up and headbutted our car right where my oldest (who was almsot two at the time) was strapped in his car seat. I jumped out of the car and tried to punch the moose, but it ran away. I'm lucky I'm not dead from doing something so stupid, but when your baby is a target, all bets are off.

Still can't believe I tried to beat up a moose. With my bare hands no less.

Atta girl! Hope the hubby heals up o.k. I didn't know that moose could be so aggressive either. Damn...
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post

Poor man.
    YOu can't just mosey in here and say something like that, how'd you break em?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yes they are aggressive. I was in Flagstaff, AZ sitting in bad traffic and "awwww look" at the cute moose in the little park next to us. Then for no reason we can figure, came up and headbutted our car right where my oldest (who was almsot two at the time) was strapped in his car seat. I jumped out of the car and tried to punch the moose, but it ran away. I'm lucky I'm not dead from doing something so stupid, but when your baby is a target, all bets are off.

Still can't believe I tried to beat up a moose. With my bare hands no less.
    Damn you go girl! Hope grandpa makes it, poor ol guy
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Thread Information