Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Police tell woman okay to shoot intruder

Default Police tell woman okay to shoot intruder

Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot

By KEVIN DOLAK and RYAN OWENS | Good Morning America – 15 hrs ago

• Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot (ABC News …

A young Oklahoma mother shot and killed an intruder to protect her 3-month-old baby on New Year's Eve, less than a week after the baby's father died of cancer.

Sarah McKinley says that a week earlier a man named Justin Martin dropped by on the day of her husband's funeral, claiming that he was a neighbor who wanted to say hello. The 18-year-old Oklahoma City area woman did not let him into her home that day.

On New Year's Eve Martin returned with another man, Dustin Stewart, and this time was armed with a 12-inch hunting knife. The two soon began trying to break into McKinley's home.

As one of the men was going from door to door outside her home trying to gain entry, McKinley called 911 and grabbed her 12-gauge shotgun.

McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO that she quickly got her 12 gauge, went into her bedroom and got a pistol, put the bottle in the baby's mouth and called 911.

"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" the young mother asked the 911 dispatcher. "I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

The 911 dispatcher confirmed with McKinley that the doors to her home were locked as she asked again if it was okay to shoot the intruder if he were to come through her door.

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.

When Martin kicked in the door and came after her with the knife, the teen mom shot and killed the 24-year-old. Police are calling the shooting justified.

"You're allowed to shoot an unauthorized person that is in your home. The law provides you the remedy, and sanctions the use of deadly force," Det. Dan Huff of the Blanchard police said.

Stewart soon turned himself in to police.

McKinley said that she was at home alone with her newborn that night because her husband just died of cancer on Christmas Day.

"I wouldn't have done it, but it was my son," McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO. "It's not an easy decision to make, but it was either going to be him or my son. And it wasn't going to be my son. There's nothing more dangerous than a woman with a child."
    This poor woman, losing her husband and then having to shoot an intruder.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Poor woman. I do hope that her sons hearing hasn't been hurt.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

That poor woman! I'm so glad that the shooting has been ruled to be justified rather than this being one of those cases where the victim ends up in Court. The arsehole got exactly what he deserved.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

What a horrifying experience to go through, thank God she had the cojones to shoot that motherfucker.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Well that shit will have her grow up way before she needs to. Jeez.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

good for her.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

God, all this misfortune must be doing major damage on her nerves, it would mine. Hopefully this year starts getting better for her.

That poor girl. It took the police 21 minutes to get there?

She may be a young mother, but she can take care of business. I noticed on the news she also has a big German Shepherd. The dog may be just a huggy bear, he was licking the baby!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fuck, only 18 and already a mother and a widow, and she's killed a man.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This arsehole came to her front door after her husband's funeral; seems he knew there was no man in the house and just assumed a woman would be an easy target. The woman deserves a "Mother of the Year" award for getting shit done, and for deleting the scab from the planet.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Makes you realize how little you've done with your life, huh?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I hope the guy that turned himself in explains exactly what the agenda was here. I don't think they were going to play cards.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yeah, this kinda reminds me of those two evil bastards that raped and burned that Dr's family in Connecticut. I'm glad she protected herself and baby.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Silver Member

Great story, admire how she kept her cool served those suckers right, but am I the only one wondering why her husband looks like he could be her dad?
    That looks like a college pic. From the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Just another day in Oklahoma.
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information