Thread: Psychopath Burns Elderly Woman to Death in Elevator

Default Psychopath Burns Elderly Woman to Death in Elevator

Another gruesome elevator death has shocked and terrified an already lift-phobic city. But this time it was no accident — as was the case with Wednesday's freak crushing of a 41-year-old ad executive at a Madison Ave. building — but rather a carefully premeditated act of murder perpetrated upon a 73-year-old Brooklyn woman. The term "coldblooded" here does not even begin to scratch the surface.

In a recovered security video, the woman, Deloris Gillespie, is seen holding several bags of groceries, trying to exit the elevator on the fifth floor of her Prospect Heights apartment building. The time was 4 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. The doors open, and 47-year-old Jerome Isaac, dressed as an exterminator, blocks her way; he then proceeds to spray Gillespie in the face, and then "methodically" over her entire body, in accelerant.

She "turns and cowers, raising her hands, the grocery bags hanging from her wrists," The New York Times reports. Isaac then forces Gillespie into the corner, and has some difficulty as he tries to ignite a barbecue lighter. He finally succeeds and sets Gillespie on fire. He then steps back into the hallway, then reappears with a Molotov cocktail ("a wine or Champagne bottle filled with accelerant, with a rag stuffed in its neck") and tosses it at her. The video cuts out as the elevator car erupts into flame, and Gillespie is burned alive.

A little less than 12 hours later, Isaac wandered into a nearby police station "reeking of gasoline," according to cops. He then admitted to what he'd done:
    "He confessed to the crime, claiming that the woman owed him money for work he had done in the last year," said Paul J. Browne, the chief spokesman for the New York Police Department. Mr. Isaac did not specify the kind of work he had done, but said he was owed $2,000, Mr. Browne said.
    According to Gillespie's nephew, his aunt had hired Isaac to help her clear out her apartment, but fired him after she'd suspected he'd stolen some items from her, including "a VCR and a large cake pan." Isaac posted an invoice to her door for $300, which she ignored. Soon after, Gillespie had added locks to her apartment door, according to another relative, and had reported Isaac to the police.

How to even process the enormity of what Isaac has done? The sheer evilness, the senselessness of it? Finding myself at a loss, I'll defer to the practical wisdom of Marge Gunderson, the fictional heroine and moral compass of the Coen Brothers' Fargo:
    And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don'tcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it.

http://gawker.com/5869186/psychopath...th-in-elevator

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wow, what a horrible way to die. I just can't wrap my head around the shear madness of some people.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

They should peel his skin off and then soak him in salt water.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

crazy ass motherfucker
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

I can't imagine how horrifying it was for that poor woman. And to have to watch the tape of this...

I'm usually anti-death penalty but in this case it's hard to be.

Yes. Because the human way to respond to a little old lady owing you money is to burn her to death.

Some people are completely broken.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I guess God was too busy helping Tim Tebow to win a football game to help her.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Not even, tebow lost on Sunday.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

This may sound fucked up but let's just pretend he really was owed that money and that he worked for it and that he counted upon it and was put off and put off and even told he'd never get it because he was a thief and what if you were down to your last fucking dollar and couldn't pay your rent, evicted living on the street, can't buy a fucking thing to eat but this one person owes you some money...you keep looking for work and your head isn't above water, what if others depend on you, yeah, if that was the situation I would probably snap. Anyone ever not sleep at night over finances?

Not to say he was actually owed money. And what he did was fucked up but we don't really know.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

This happened a few streets away from me. This guy probably (according to local forums) gathered bottles and cans in front of my building every week. Scary to think someone you pass by on the street every week could do this.
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Silver Member

Well. He wont have to worry about money locked up in the pen.
    What a wretched way to kill someone for a petty sum of cash.
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    This may sound fucked up but let's just pretend he really was owed that money and that he worked for it and that he counted upon it and was put off and put off and even told he'd never get it because he was a thief and what if you were down to your last fucking dollar and couldn't pay your rent, evicted living on the street, can't buy a fucking thing to eat but this one person owes you some money...you keep looking for work and your head isn't above water, what if others depend on you, yeah, if that was the situation I would probably snap. Anyone ever not sleep at night over finances?

Not to say he was actually owed money. And what he did was fucked up but we don't really know.
    Posted from my iPhone
    no, i'm not seeing it, sorry.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

JFC. The title is bad enough but it just gets worse and worse as you read the article. I'm usually against the death penalty too, but this guy deserves nothing less than that.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    JFC. The title is bad enough but it just gets worse and worse as you read the article. I'm usually against the death penalty too, but this guy deserves nothing less than that.
    Yep, with a flame thrower.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

I used to be hardcore anti-death penalty, but more and more I'm just getting absolutely disgusted about the terrible, horrific things human beings do to one another. People like this perp just need to be taken out back and doused in fire themselves.

I don't even want to know how this young man was raised - to believe that it is okay to burn someone to death who may or may not owe you money.

Thread Information