Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Employee Fired For Harassing Transgender Customer Accuses Macy’s Of Discrimination

Default Employee Fired For Harassing Transgender Customer Accuses Macy’s Of Discrimination

A week ago, a Macy's employee spotted a transgender woman going into the women's dressing room, and decided to stop her and inform her that she wasn't really a woman. The company promptly fired her, but now the employee has enlisted the help of a hatemongering conservative organization and is claiming that Macy's discriminated against her religious beliefs by denying her the right to harass whichever customer she chooses.

On November 30, 27-year-old Natalie Johnson was working at a Macy's in San Antonio when she noticed a teenager shopping with a few friends. She tells KSAT, "I made sure to keep a close eye out on him because he was shopping for women's clothing." You see, despite the fact that the shopper was wearing women's clothing, shopping in the women's section, and wearing makeup, Johnson concluded she was a man. (KSAT is also good at determining what gender people are. While the customer fooled other news outlets into calling her a woman, the station consistently refers to the shopper as "he" in its report.) When Johnson saw the woman go into the women's dressing room, she told her she couldn't enter. "I had to just straight forward tell him, 'You're a man,' and of course that made him, that really got him steamed," said Johnson. The group the shopper was with said she was a woman, and pointed out that Macy's allows people to use the changing room of the gender they associate with.

Johnson says she told a manager, "I've made my choice the other day ... I refuse to comply with this policy." Since she was incapable of complying with company rules, Macy's fired her. Johnson went to the Liberty Counsel, a conservative organization that's called GLBT rights "a radical agenda," then filed a complaint with the federal employment commission. When asked for a response, Macy's said it doesn't "comment on personnel matters," adding, "At Macy's, we recognize and appreciate the diversity of our customers and associates."

Johnson says that by mandating that all employees appreciate the diversity of Macy's customers, the store is forcing her to violate her Christian beliefs. She says, "There are no transgenders in the world. A guy can dress up as a woman all he wants, that's still not going to make you a woman." You may not be familiar with the Biblical passage that says, "Thou shalt only admit women born with female genatalia into the women's fitting room." In Deuteronomy 22:5 it does say, "A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this," but if you're going to strictly adhere to that passage you probably can't work at Macy's anyway. A few lines later it says, "Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together," and "Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear." The entire clothing department is in clear violation of these rules!

According to the Houston Chronicle,

Liberty Counsel founder Mathew Staver says, "Macy's has essentially opened women's dressing rooms to every man," and the store must either create a third dressing room for transgender people, or authorize salespeople to assess shoppers' original gender and assign them to dressing rooms accordingly. You know, because when our Founding Fathers put all that stuff in the Constiution about freedom, what they really meant is that religious people are free to impose their personal beliefs on the rest of us.

Employee Fired For Harassing Transgender Customer Accuses Macy's Of Religious Discrimination
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Since when do you have carte blanche to practice your religion at your job? Probably escapes the employee that their actions are probably in direct opposition to its religion's tenets as most religions (that I'm aware of) don't tend to require aggressive discrimination to be pious and faithful. But I'm one of those hated atheists, so what do I know?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Enjoy preaching on the unemployment line you stupid cunt.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You can't discriminate against me! Only I may discriminate!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I never got this. I had a conservative friend tell me that she just WOULD NOT STAND for transgender males trying on female clothes in the womens' dressing room. I couldn't get her to give me a good reason why. I mean, its not like there aren't doors/curtains in the dressing room. If that person identifies as a woman, they should use the women's dressing room. Is there a possibility they are secretly a pervert trying to see naked women? Sure, but there's always that possibility among the other women in the dressing room, too. That's why the curtains/doors are there.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

What nerve she has. People like her give all Christians a bad name with this narrow minded stuff. Guess she skipped over the judge not and love thy neighbor part.
    No company is required to keep an employee that refuses to follow company rules.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Was probably Cindybin. She gets around.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I am glad her dumb ass got fired. Now, how about firing Prick Perry for all his religious bullcrap, such as "praying for rain".
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

UGH, don't get me started. That BS PSA that went around had me kicking things.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I never got this. I had a conservative friend tell me that she just WOULD NOT STAND for transgender males trying on female clothes in the womens' dressing room. I couldn't get her to give me a good reason why. I mean, its not like there aren't doors/curtains in the dressing room. If that person identifies as a woman, they should use the women's dressing room. Is there a possibility they are secretly a pervert trying to see naked women? Sure, but there's always that possibility among the other women in the dressing room, too. That's why the curtains/doors are there.

I agree. There are many stores now without gender specific dressing rooms and they do just fine. So long as there are partitions and privacy, who cares?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    If that person identifies as a woman, they should use the women's dressing room.
    Don't you see, it's not up to the individual to identify themselves one way or the other. They should always seek confirmation from their local salesbitch down at the mall before making any life-changing decisions on gender. Because if she says "you're a man" then the case is closed.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

So I shouldn't bother checking my own hooha before I go just to be safe? They'll take care of it for me?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Yeah, they'll check it for you using one of those mirrors on a stick just like border security.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I'm in luck. I already have my own mirrors on the tops of my shoes. It pays to advertise.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That pisses me off.
    Some religious people can be so hateful.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information