Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl Scouts Allow 7-Year-Old Boy to Join Because He is ‘Living Life as a Girl’

fgg

Default Girl Scouts Allow 7-Year-Old Boy to Join Because He is ‘Living Life as a Girl’

Girl Scouts Allow 7-Year-Old Boy to Join Because He is ‘Living Life as a Girl’

(CNSNews.com) - The Girl Scouts of Colorado are allowing a 7-year-old boy to join a local troop because he is “living life as a girl.”

“We make the distinction that if a child is living life as a girl and the family brings the child to us and says my daughter wants to be a Girl Scout, we welcome her,” Rachelle Trujillo, vice president of communications with Girl Scouts of Colorado told CNSNews.com.

On Tuesday, 9news.com, a Denver-based television station, initially reported the story of the 7-year-old boy, Bobby Montoya. His mother, Felisha Archuleta, said a local troop leader told her Bobby could not join the troop because he was a boy.

But the statewide organization responded to inquiries from 9news.com by saying that Girls Scouts is “an inclusive organization” and that Bobby would be allowed to join.

“We have privacy rights that we are very respectful of with families,” Trujillo told CNSNews.com. “We do not require proof of gender when a family wants their daughter to be a member of Girl Scouts.”

Trujillo said boys who are living like boys will not be admitted.

“The child must be living life as a girl,” Trujillo said.

In a statement the Girl Scouts of Colorado gave to 9news.com, the organization said:

"Girl Scouts is an inclusive organization and we accept all girls in Kindergarten through 12th grade as members. If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout. Our requests for support of transgender kids have grown, and Girl Scouts of Colorado is working to best support these children, their families and the volunteers who serve them. In this case, an associate delivering our program was not aware of our approach. She contacted her supervisor, who immediately began working with the family to get the child involved and supported in Girl Scouts. We are accelerating our support systems and training so that we're better able to serve all girls, families and volunteers."

Girl Scouts Allow 7-Year-Old Boy to Join Because He is
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

wow that's good to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Well, bless them. That is a wonderful family,too. If a child feels that strongly at age 7, go with it.
    This is so decent and so humane I could just weep.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That really makes me happy!

Go Girl Scouts!
    Free Charmed.

now if only the Boy Scouts could be like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I'll buy extra Girl Scout cookies this year
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    First thing I thought of.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    Shit, I would have joined the Boy Scouts (if my mother didn't yank my brothers out after one reported that the Scout master was buying boys beer and letting them blow up things in his garage.) I attended 2 Girl Scout meetings. No learning how to build camp fires or hiking in the woods, it was all the prissy girl stuff I hated as a kid.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Shit, I would have joined the Boy Scouts (if my mother didn't yank my brothers out after one reported that the Scout master was buying boys beer and letting them blow up things in his garage.) I attended 2 Girl Scout meetings. No learning how to build camp fires or hiking in the woods, it was all the prissy girl stuff I hated as a kid.
    Yeah, I dropped out after a couple meetings too. I think they should combine girls and boys and just call it 'Scouts'. I think this is how it is done in many countries.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Thats really nice to read!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I don't want to sound ignorant here, so please excuse me if I do, but how do you know if your kid is going through a phase or if they really feel that they are the opposite sex? If its a phase, are you causing more harm than good by encouraging them to live life as the opposite sex? I'm really curious to understand how you know. Is it just something you feel?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I don't want to sound ignorant here, so please excuse me if I do, but how do you know if your kid is going through a phase or if they really feel that they are the opposite sex? If its a phase, are you causing more harm than good by encouraging them to live life as the opposite sex? I'm really curious to understand how you know. Is it just something you feel?
    Non-expert opinion: let the phase play out. Don't make a big deal about it or it becomes a bigger deal for the kid. I don't see any harm in allowing children to cross whatever boundaries they feel like while deciding who they are as people.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Unless of course they're enjoying torturing animals. That's a pretty big red flag IMO.
    Free Charmed.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Yeah, I was a Girl Guide for about a year at my mother's insistance and it was a year of tortuous boredom. It was all singing songs and sewing crappy things and making cakes and shit like that. Even the one camping trip I went on was crap - just more singing and cooking, except with a small, prebuilt campfire. It was just like you said, no running wild in the woods, no exploring, nothing. It sucked big time. The worst part was that we all had to attend the church in uniform at least one Sunday every month. I'd already decided that my beliefs lay in a different direction and would much rather have spent my morning watching cartoons in my PJ's and drooling over the smell of Sunday lunch cooking.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information