Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 shot in Southern California beauty salon

Default 9 shot in Southern California beauty salon

SEAL BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Southern California authorities say nine people have been shot at a hair salon in the city of Seal Beach.
    Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Marc Stone tells KCAL-TV that the victims' conditions are undetermined but some are being taken to a hospital.
    The shooting occurred Wednesday afternoon in a cluster of small businesses on Pacific Coast Highway in the community southeast of Los Angeles.

This is all they had in the article so far. Must of happened a short time ago. How sad!!! I wonder if they caught the gunman, and why they went to this place?

9 shot in Southern California beauty salon - Yahoo! News
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Marc Stone tells KCAL-TV that the victims' conditions are undetermined but some are being taken to a hospital.

The only took some of the shooting victims to the hospital? I wonder what the criteria was for slecting those who were to receive medical treatment.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ok, CNN had a bit more details:

Six killed in salon shooting in California, police say

October 12th, 2011
    05:35 PM ET

Comments (Add comment)

Six people were killed and three more were critically injured in a shooting Wednesday at a salon in the southern California community of Seal Beach, police said.
    A suspect is in custody, Seal Beach police Sgt. Steve Bowles said.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Well I guess we now know why only "some" were taken for treatment. Damn!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    The only took some of the shooting victims to the hospital? I wonder what the criteria was for slecting those who were to receive medical treatment.
    I'd say a basic criteria would be that they were alive....
    Free Charmed.

Son of a bitch in a custody battle with his wife did the shooting and he was arrested at a traffic stop a few minutes after he killed 8 people. Asshole. That does not resolve your custody issue. Instead you've left your kids without parents.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

And apparently the 9th victim is in critical condition.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This could have happened to any of us. That is scary.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

What the FUCK is the matter with these crazy, bitter men and their custody battles. Hey asshole, you didn't get the kids because you are a psycho OK?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Shooting at Seal Beach Hair Salon (Update: Two More Deaths, Shooter ID’d) | Verum Serum

The alleged shooter's alleged car:

Update 7:30PM The shooter has now been identified his name is Scott DeKraii:

Eight people were killed and one critically wounded Wednesday afternoon when a heavily armed gunman wearing body armor opened fire at the Salon Meritage in Seal Beach, police said.

Shortly after the shootings, a white male suspect — who had weapons strewn across the floorboard of his white truck and guns strapped to his body — was arrested without incident half a mile from the scene, police and witnesses said.

As expected, this was a custody dispute:

Police said the motive was under investigation, but McGhee said the alleged gunman had recently lost a divorce custody battle with a salon employee named Michelle.

Nagle said the alleged shooter had warned his estranged wife he would do something like this. Nagle described him as ex-military and unstable.

Scott and his wife Michelle are both quoted in this 1997 article from the LA Times.

From the AP:

Six people were killed and three were wounded Wednesday in a shooting at a hair salon in a normally sedate Southern California beach community, authorities said.

The six deaths were confirmed and the other three victims were taken to a hospital in critical condition, police Sgt. Steve Bowles told KCAL-TV.

Police arrested a man in a traffic stop a half-mile from the shooting scene and he was taken into custody, Bowles said. He added that multiple weapons were seized.

The motive was not immediately known.

This is 5 minutes from my house. It’s a tiny beach town most people would drive past on PCH without noticing. Very charming place with a well loved indie movie theater and a charming main street. Not a place known for crime of violence. I doubt anything this awful has ever happened there in its history.

Update: I just heard an update on a local radio station saying two more people have died. If that’s accurate that would bring the death toll to eight. The OC Register says this is the deadliest shooting in Orange County History:

A woman from Anaheim named Cindy, who declined to give her last name saying she was too shaken by the tragedy, said she was in a salon chair getting her hair colored by a male stylist when the gunman entered the salon.

She said the shooter approached a female stylist nearby and began firing a gun. At first, Cindy said, she thought it was a “Halloween prank.”

Then the gunman shot a female customer whose hair was being shampooed before turning and firing at Cindy’s hair colorist.

“I just kept hearing boom, boom, boom, boom,” Cindy said. “I ran out. I didn’t see his face. I just saw the gun in his hand and him shoot anybody.”

The belief is that the shooter was an ex-husband or boyfriend of the first victim.
    Shooting at Seal Beach Hair Salon (Update: Two More Deaths, Shooter ID’d) | Verum Serum

-----------------------------------------
    Did the murderous, self-entitled arsehole just watched the season premier of Dexter? How fortunate for him Debra wasn't around.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

This is just horrible Senseless. Seal Beach is such a tiny little beach town.

Six dead in California beauty salon shooting | Mail Online

- Eight killed in massacre at Orange County hair salon as crazed gunman 'targets hairdresser ex wife'
    - Gunman, named as ex-military Scott Dekraai, in custody after going on shooting spree at hair salon where ex-wife worked
    - Thought to have lost custody court case over son the day before shooting
    - Eight dead, including wife Michelle, in worst mass murder in Orange County history
    - Salon owner Randy Fannin among those dead
    - 73-year-old woman among those seriously injured
    - Only one previous murder in last five years in the quiet area in California - where actress
    - Sandra Bullock lives

By Paul Bentley and David Gardner
    Last updated at 6:32 AM on 13th October 2011

Eight people have been killed in a shooting at an upmarket beauty salon in California.

Scott Dekraii, 42, who is the former husband of one of the stylists, is said to have shot a total of nine hairdressers and customers at Salon Meritage, a beauty salon just blocks from the Pacific Ocean in the upscale seaside resort of Seal Beach.
    Three people, including a 73-year-old woman, were initially rushed to hospital in critical condition, but two of them have since passed away. One of the victims is thought to be the salon owner. Dekraai's ex-wife, Michelle, was also reportedly among those who were killed.

Dekraai, who used to work in the military, had allegedly threatened violence after losing a court case against Michelle Huff over the custody of their seven-year-old son, Dominic.

Distress: Onlookers react near the site where six people were killed and three were wounded in a shooting at a hair salon in Seal Beach

The alleged shooter, who lives locally, was thought to have been wearing body armour during the attack.
    Hands tied: Police officers stand with a man, who was held in a patrol car at the scene of the arrest of a suspect near the Salon Meritage
    When officers raided his car they found multiple weapons, police said.
    He didn't offer any resistance when he was arrested.
    Seal Beach Police Sergeant Steve Bowles said: 'We believe he is the only shooter. He was taken into custody without injury.'
    Witnesses said the gunman was embroiled in a domestic dispute over custody with his ex-wife, Michelle, who worked as a stylist at the salon.
    The pair are thought to have a seven year old son named Dominic.
    Dekraai is said to have moved to the area two years ago after being honourably discharged from the military because of a work-related leg injury.

Police in Seal Beach would not confirm any relationship between the man and any of his victims

Hands tied: Police officers stand with a man, who was held in a patrol car at the scene of the arrest of a suspect near the Salon Meritage

'There are survivors from inside the salon. A crime of this magnitude is not something Seal Beach is familiar with.'
    The shooting is reportedly the deadliest mass killing in Orange County history.
    Among the victims is thought to be the owner of the salon.
    Randy Fannin died in the shooting, according to his niece, Tami Scarcella, 39.
    'Randy is dead,' she said while hugging a friend. 'Randy is dead for sure.'
    Police confirmed that one of the victims is male.
    A middle-aged woman called Cindy was having her hair done by Mr Fannin when the gunman opened fire.
    'We thought it was maybe firecrackers,' she told the LA Times.

'But he just didn’t stop. Anybody he saw he was shooting.
    'It went boom, boom, boom. I was afraid he was going to shoot everybody.'
    The one remaining injured victim is being treated at Long Beach Memorial Hospital.

Some of those inside managed to escape without harm, police said.
    Bowles said the bodies of the killed and the wounded were scattered throughout the salon.
    One wounded man was found outside the building. It wasn't clear if he was trying to flee when he was shot. <<< (WTF? Perhaps he was dancing a jig? Or heard the rounds being fired and walked towards the building in the hope of getting a cap in the arse?)

'We're unsure at this point if he shot from the entrance and people, as they were shot, ran in seeking cover or seeking shelter, but we have fatalities throughout the salon,' he said.
    'From my observation, it did look like people were seeking shelter at the time.'

He said the salon was busy, with every hair-dressing station in operation.
    Salon employee Lorainne Bruielle, who wasn't working Wednesday, told the Long Beach Press-Telegram the gunman was the husband of another employee.
    Bruielle said she talked to the husband of one of the employees involved, who said one employee locked herself in the salon's facial room and was unharmed while another man locked himself in a bathroom but was wounded.
    The shooter was spotted fleeing from the scene when police arrived and gave himself up after a short car chase.
    Lydia Sosa, who used to work at the salon, said the suspect had gone through a bitter divorce with one of the women who worked there.

'They were never happy for a long, long time,' she told the New York Times.

'She said he was bitter. He was very bitter.'
    A local man named Bill Horton added: [It was a] custody battle for seven-year-old son. Ex-Husband lost court case yesterday. Apparently he had been making threats of violence.'

One of her neighbour's told KTLA she took out a restraining order against her former husband on Tuesday.
    Another neighbour, Jo Cornhall, added: 'I know there was a custody battle involved with his son, Dominic, who I believe is 7 or 8 years old.'
    Dekraai, who worked on tugboats after being discharged by the military, is said to have walked with a limp after a boat accident.
    He allegedly remarried Mindy Miguel, his rehab nurse.

She is currently assisting detectives with their investigations, according to neighbours.

Workers in neighbouring businesses said they hid in the bathrooms after hearing shots.
    One woman said she was working at a nail salon and hid with about six other people for 15 minutes until they heard the gunman was caught.
    The three people who were not killed instantly were rushed to hospital in critical condition.
    Patients at the hospital said the victims were rushed inside in a horrific state.

'They were bringing them in, and they were all bloodied up,' Biagio Zaby, 67, told the Times

Unsuspecting: The home of Scott Dekraai, the only suspect in the Salon Meritage shooting

^^^ That's creepy

'One got shot in the face. One got shot in the chest. They took one in for a CAT scan. They said "Code Blue," which is not a good deal.'
    The shooting happened at about 1.30pm today. Those hit included hair salon employees and customers.
    Police had the murder scene roped off last night.
    The quiet beachfront city of approximately 25,000 residents identifies itself as the Gateway to Southern California's Orange County and is located about 30 miles southeast of Los Angeles. Among its famous residents are 'Miss Congeniality' star Sandra Bullock.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048470/Six-dead-California-beauty-salon-shooting.html#ixzz1adc8k3Ip
    Pictures: Associate Press and Google Earth
    Source: Dailymail.co.uk

Military background. New wife. Threatened the ex-wife who then took out a restraining order. Just another Wednesday, really.
    Last edited by Kat Scorp; October 13th, 2011 at 01:59 AM.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    What the FUCK is the matter with these crazy, bitter men and their custody battles. Hey asshole, you didn't get the kids because you are a psycho OK?
    Ugh I know. I'm so sick of hearing stories like this. Assholes.

The reports are that all the chairs in the salon were full. So, he takes out nine innocent people looking to kill one of them? What a pile of shit.

Their poor little boy, only 7, now has a dead mother and a murdering POS for a father
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information