Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waitress launches hunt for customer who refused to give her a tip

Default Waitress launches hunt for customer who refused to give her a tip

Anyone else find this story kinda scary? Sort of like being blackmailed into tipping, even if the service really sucks?

Find the 'yuppie scum': Waitress launches hunt for customer who refused to give her a tip... and told her to 'lose a few pounds'

Beware all you tight-fisted restaurant and bar goers who don't tend to make a habit of tipping generously - or at all - for service received, for you could find a baying mob on your tail.

The hunt is on for one Andrew Meyer, believed to work at Microsoft in Seattle, Washington, after he not only declined to tip a waitress at Bimbo's Cantina in Capitol Hill on Friday night, but he actually wrote on the receipt: 'P.S. You could stand to loose [sic] a few pounds.'

The waitress in question - Victoria Liss - was so incensed by the customer's comment and his lack of gratuity, that she has made it her mission to find the 'jerk' responsible - as have thousands of other social networkers.
    She posted a picture of the offending receipt on her Facebook page and named him as Andrew Meyer, who she called 'yuppie scum'.

The picture was reposted on Facebook, blogged, tweeted and reported on by several media outlets and is still growing.

There were growing whispers of 'waiter rage' and ideas of putting his picture up in every bar in town so customers and servers alike could give him exactly what he deserves.

There was one minor set back in the hunt for the 'yuppie scum' who went to Bimbo's Cantina with a lady friend on Friday night.
    Victoria Liss thought she found the offending Andrew Meyer and posted his picture and contact details on Facebook - except it was the wrong Andrew Meyer.

She has since profusely apologised for the mix up, saying: 'I need glasses, I put up the picture of the wrong guy. I’m a douche for that. SO SORRY. Blinded by rage.'

Speaking to The Stranger about the incident, Ms Liss went on an expletive-filled rant about the man who did not tip her.
    She said: 'There are two things that led him to behave like that in my mind. He came in and I was, though I regret it now, very nice to him.

'Also, he ordered a taco and I recommended he get a double decker. His lady friend called it "carb hell" so apparently it was a very offensive menu suggestion.

'When you know you're gonna be a total d***, DON'T GIVE THE BARTENDER YOUR CREDIT CARD. We live in a social networking hub, don't sh** where you eat.'

The internet is awash with comments about the man in question, most full of outrage that he not only refrained from tipping but insulted the waitress in the process.

An all-out hunt to find the real Andrew Meyer.
    It appears his naming and shaming is not enough but the internet rage machine want a picture and contact details also.

Hunt for 'yuppie scum' is on: Waitress given 'tip' from tight-fisted customer to 'lose a few pounds' searches for man online | Mail Online
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

What in the world is wrong with people? Totally do not want to eat at a restaurant that has these types of employees!
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

I was a waitress back in the day even I think shes a little bitch for this. They DON'T have to tip you chipmunk cheeks.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

The guy was a complete dick for writing that on the receipt but this stalking / shaming shit equals harassment.

'When you know you're gonna be a total d***, DON'T GIVE THE BARTENDER YOUR CREDIT CARD.
    Wow, ain't that the truth? No doubt he was a dick, but who knows what led up to the zero tip and nasty comment. Seems odd, especially if he was there with a woman.

And revealing his name on the internet? Isn't there some expectation of privacy when you use a credit card at a restaurant?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Obviously this lunatic of a waitress has gone completely overboard by stalking this guy who wouldn't tip her. But to play devil's advocate he was a dick for writing that disparaging comment on the bill. What a jerk - who can't spell by the way.

He is a total dick for writing that on the receipt.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I think the lack of tip didn't bother her as much as the rude comment. As someone that used to waitress, it's a crap shoot with tips - sometimes you get incredibly huge tips and sometimes you get screwed with nothing. Anyone who has ever waitressed knows that. I seriously doubt this is the first time she didn't get a tip.

There may have been a good reason why he didn't tip, but there is no excuse for writing insults on the receipt. For that, he's a dick.

I have to wonder what she isn't telling us.....even for a prick the lose a few pounds comment seems mean. If she was doing her job what would prompt this guy to write that? I've had plenty of crappy waitresses/waiters and I can be a bitch, but I have never written on a receipt other than my signature.

She was probably a real twat and who knows if he wrote that on the receipt...she sounds like a psycho bitch and if I was her employer I would fire her for taking a customer's CC receipt and putting it all over the net.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Ok, so we all agree he's a dick. What about her copying the receipt and hunting him down via facebook? Does this mean anytime a service person doesn't like a customer, she can take what should be confidential personal info and post it online?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    She was probably a real twat and who knows if he wrote that on the receipt...she sounds like a psycho bitch and if I was her employer I would fire her for taking a customer's CC receipt and putting it all over the net.
    yeah I am questioning if he wrote that part about losing a few pounds.

looks nothing like his penmanship like above that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

My gut feeling is that the girl he was with is the real bitch here. She made the comment about "carb hell" and is probably the one who wrote the comment on the receipt. He is still a jackass for allowing it if that is what happened. The server is a bitch for posting his info all over.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My gut feeling is that the girl he was with is the real bitch here. She made the comment about "carb hell" and is probably the one who wrote the comment on the receipt. He is still a jackass for allowing it if that is what happened. The server is a bitch for posting his info all over.
    That makes sense. I bet you are right.

They are all a bunch of cunts that is for sure! Did you click on the link and see her costume?
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information