Thread: College to Drug Test Entire Student Body

Default College to Drug Test Entire Student Body

Perhaps you thought your freshman year would be one long debauchery festival featuring a few term papers here and there interspersed with copious amounts of alcohol, marijuana, ecstasy, hashish, hash oil, opium, ketamine, cocaine, GHB, DMT, DXM, LSD, salvia, amphetamine, methamphetamine, nitrous oxide, ayahuasca, ibogaine, peyote, and various distillations of regional hallucinogenic plants.

Not at Linn State Technical College, my friend.

The 1,200 lucky students at Missouri's Linn State will get to tell their grandkids that they attended the first US college to drug test its entire student body. The school's dean of student affairs tells the AP that "We want them to be prepared" for the "drug-free workplace" they'll encounter in the real world. Great logic! Let's ruin college because your post-college life will consist of mechanical drudgery. Then they find some student narc to quote:
    "I don't think a lot of us are bent out of shape," he said. "I think it's a good idea. It helps us prepare for the real world."
    Yeah, you're not bent. That's the problem.

If you were wasted you'd think that was funny. That's the problem.

College to Drug Test Entire Student Body
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I live in Missouri and this state does some idiotic things.....believe me

But yet you don't get the press that Florida & Ohio do...up your state's profile!!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

The students are being charged fifty bucks for the tests, it is an outrageous money making scam for the college, preying on students to fund their industry. Drug testing is a multi million dollar business.

Don't nobody fuck with a technical college, yo.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

oh no! and linn state technical college was my dream school, too.
    Posted from my iPhone
    Last edited by sputnik; September 8th, 2011 at 04:21 PM.

Sarcasm sensors tingling....

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Seriously, they'll never see another sophomore on that campus. I know where this school is and trust me, even that little narc who commented is up to something. That area is... yeah, this plan is going to backfire big-fucking-time. Stupid.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Soo.. if you test positive you have to pay $35 for an online class. This is after paying the $50 fee for the test itself.

Q = What support/guidance will LSTC provide to those students who test positive?
    A = Depending on the drug detected, they will be required to complete either an online educational program at the student’s cost of $35 or assigned to complete appropriate activities. In addition, students who test positive may be referred for professional assistance.
    Then if you test positive again and this all happened after the tuition refund date, you're screwed.

Q = If I test positive the second time and voluntarily withdraw or am administratively withdrawn from LSTC, will I receive a refund for my classes?
    A = If the second positive result is after the refund date, then the answer is no. The refund schedule will be followed as outlined in the LSTC Catalog.

I look for enrollment in this place to drop big time. Unless they get an influx of krazykristian str8edgers.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I know colleges where the students brag out in the open about taking drugs. This is a brilliant idea on paper but actually doing it, they can expect to see alot of people leaving shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    I know colleges where the students brag out in the open about taking drugs.

That would be all of them.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Silver Member

can't some of the students contact a lawyer to get their money back? Drug tests can be done after job interviews because they're warned before getting hired that a drug test is required so they can choose not to go.

After they get surprise drug tested at a job, I thought it was acceptable because they are employees, paying the individual for a service, whatever that may be.

But this is different and should be unacceptable because the students are paying the school for its services, so....

I don't do drugs at all, but a practice like this is kind of shitty. I think if my school did this, I would be upset mostly because the drug problem will take care of itself (the meth addicts will inevitably fail out and disappear) and I think i would prefer the school organizing more...useful... ways to get money.

Thread Information