Thread: TV Weatherman wakes up next to a dead man in a tub wearing dog collar

Default TV Weatherman wakes up next to a dead man in a tub wearing dog collar

Arkansas weatherman Brett Cummins found in hot tub with naked dead man wearing 'dog collar': police

Arkansas weatherman Brett Cummins found in hot tub with naked dead man wearing 'dog collar': police

By Michael Sheridan
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Wednesday, September 7th 2011, 7:49 AM

KARK 4 News
    Brett Cummins, 33, woke up Tuesday to discover that a man he'd been with the night before was dead beside him in a hot tub, naked and wearing a dog collar, police say.

An Arkansas weatherman didn't predict he would wake up in a hot tub with a naked dead man, but that's exactly what police say happened.
    Now authorities are trying to determine what killed Dexter Williams, whose body was found with a "dog collar" around his neck, according to a police report.

The mystery began Monday night, when KARK 4 News meteorologist Brett Cummins arrived at the home of John Barbour around 11 p.m. in Maumelle, just north of Little Rock, the report stated. The 33-year-old weatherman brought Williams, 24, with him. Barbour said he did not know the doomed man.
    "They then began to drink and use illegal narcotics," Officer Gregory Roussie said Barbour told him. "Mr. Barbour stated he was not sure of the drugs that they were using but that they were snorting them."

About two hours later, Cummins and Williams went into the Jacuzzi to have a drink, and Barbour later joined them, police said. Shortly afterwards, Barbour said he left the two and went into the living room, where he fell asleep on the couch.

Barbour told police he awoke about 8 a.m. Tuesday and could hear Cummins snoring in the hot tub, the report said. He proceeded to gather glasses in the bathroom and wake up Cummins before realizing Williams was dead.

"Dexter's head was lying behind Brett's left shoulder," Barbour told police, according to the report. "After Brett awoke they discovered that Dexter was not conscious and his face was a different color."

The meteorologist was horrified, the report indicated.

"Brett screamed and became ill and left the bathroom and vomited on the carpet in the living room," Barbour told police, according to the report. The weatherman then left the house, but insisted he would return.

"Cummins did return to the residence and gave a statement to investigators," Roussie said in the report. No details of what he said have been released.

When police arrived they observed Williams "lying on his right side in a fetal position, his face was blue and purple in color with a chain around his neck," Roussie said in the report. "The chain was silver in color and consistent with what I believed to be a dog collar."

He also noted that he "observed a small ring of blood around the bottom of the tub."

An autopsy is underway to determine what killed Williams, but so far no charges have been filed in his death.

KARK 4 News stated online Tuesday that "Brett will not be on the air as he is mourning the loss of his friend."

Picture of Dexter Williams:

Lots of WTF in this story. A sex party with autoerotic asphyxiation gone bad...The weatherman can kiss his job goodbye given the implications and activities and this happened in homophobic, bible-belt Arkansas...

omg... how crazy to see this on here!!!! i am from Arkansas. the house this happened at is 2 miles from where i work. today has been crazy....my customers from all over US calling on this today. funny... cause about 15 years ago, our weatherman from channel 7 was found at a park, in the mens bathroom, giving oral to another dude. WTF is with AR and freaky weathermen?

Quote Originally Posted by superstacks View Post
    omg... how crazy to see this on here!!!! i am from Arkansas. the house this happened at is 2 miles from where i work. today has been crazy....my customers from all over US calling on this today. funny... cause about 15 years ago, our weatherman from channel 7 was found at a park, in the mens bathroom, giving oral to another dude. WTF is with AR and freaky weathermen?

A LOT of newsanchors and reporters are into some crazy shit when they're off the clock. I interned at a TV station long ago and those folks love to party.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

i'm all for partying and getting your freak on ....just play nice and don't kill anyone! maybe Brett is innocent.... i guess Dexter could have o'd or got choked by the collar while sleeping? who the hell knows.... it's made for an interesting day for me though!

Well damn what can you say to any of this? Um...RIP hot guy???

Can people who do drugs be unaware that they are choking to death (assuming the collar became too taunt while they slept)? Like, can drugs supress the brain's ability to startle you awake (sleep apnea arousal and when you kick because your brain thinks you're dying)?
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Maybe the collar skrinked due to water and while they were unconscious he choked?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Can people who do drugs be unaware that they are choking to death (assuming the collar became too taunt while they slept)? Like, can drugs supress the brain's ability to startle you awake (sleep apnea arousal and when you kick because your brain thinks you're dying)?
    I think so. Isn't that what happened to Jimi Hendrix?

I feel sorry for the weather guy - it sounds like his friend just did too much stuff and succumbed to the effects. Now, in addition to losing his friend, he has to deal with being unintentionally outed, and also on the record as using narcotics.

Elite Member

^^ I know, right? Even if it turns out that the weather guy had no culpability in his friend's death, he's gonna have to deal with a shitload of guilt and grief and I think he can kiss his career goodbye.

He's definitely going to get a bad rap in this. To be outed in this manner has to be absolutely devastating.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Helluva party.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Helluva party.

Hot Tub Time Machine gone wrong.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    ^^ I know, right? Even if it turns out that the weather guy had no culpability in his friend's death, he's gonna have to deal with a shitload of guilt and grief and I think he can kiss his career goodbye.
    Yeah, seriously, the poor guy. The "dog collar" is probably just one of those necklaces that looks like a dog collar and was completely innocent. But given the circumstances, and maybe a loose-lipped police officer and sensationalist media, they're making it sound like some S&M thing gone wrong. The guy probably just ODd and the dog collar was just jewellery. Now the poor weather guy is outed, humiliated, and his career is maybe ruined.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Thread Information