Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl expelled from school for rape claim, forced to apologise to rapist

Default Girl expelled from school for rape claim, forced to apologise to rapist

Lawsuit: Mo. girl expelled for making rape claim

By Alex Sundby

(CBS/iStockphoto)
    (CBS News)

A southwestern Missouri school district has denied accusations in a federal lawsuit that officials failed to protect a middle-school girl from being raped, calling the lawsuit "frivolous" and saying the girl "neglected to use reasonable means to protect herself."

The girl, identified as a 7th grade special education student, was raped twice during the course of two school years, according to the lawsuit filed July 5 against Republic School District in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri. The lawsuit was first reported by the Springfield News-Leader newspaper in Missouri Wednesday.

A boy pleaded guilty in juvenile court to unspecified charges after the family notified police when the girl was raped a second time, the newspaper reported. The girl, her mother and the boy are identified by their initials in the lawsuit (PDF), which, like the school district's response (PDF), is available on the News-Leader's website.

Officials identified in the lawsuit are school principal Patricia Mithelavage, school counselor Joni Ragain and school resource officer Robert Duncan.
    The girl was first raped at Republic Middle School in the spring of 2009, according to the lawsuit. After the mother notified the school, the girl described the rape and "multiple sexual assaults" she'd experienced at school that year to Duncan, Mithelavage and Ragain. They then told the mother that they thought that her daughter made it all up.

During subsequent meetings described in the lawsuit as "intimidating interrogations," the lawsuit says the officials told the girl that they thought she was lying about the rape. The girl's mother was later told that her daughter recanted her story during one of those meetings.

The family's lawyers note in the lawsuit that the girl's school file contains a psychological report describing her as adverse to conflict, passive and "would forego her own needs and wishes to satisfy the request of others around so that she can be accepted."

Following instructions from the school, the girl wrote an apology to the boy she accused of raping her and had to personally give it to him, according to the lawsuit. She was then expelled for the remainder of the 2008-09 school year. The school also told "juvenile authorities" that she filed a false report.

The girl returned to the middle school for the 2009-10 school year and tried to avoid the boy, according to the lawsuit. It didn't work. She was sexually assaulted again but didn't tell anyone because she was afraid of being expelled again, her lawyers wrote in the lawsuit. She was allegedly raped a second time Feb. 16, 2010.

School officials were notified of the incident and allegedly doubted the girl's claim, saying they'd "already been through this," according to the lawsuit. The girl was also examined and found to have been sexually assaulted. However, she was suspended from school for "disrespectful conduct" and "public display of affection," her lawyers wrote in the lawsuit.

The school district denies all of the family's claims, saying that if anything happened it was the "result of the negligence, carelessness, or conduct of third parties over whom the District Defendants had neither control nor the right to control."

The News-Leader reported Wednesday that local prosecutors found out about the lawsuit Monday night and were reviewing police reports to see if the school district violated any laws requiring abuse allegations to be reported to authorities.

Lawsuit: Mo. girl expelled for making rape claim - CBS News

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

What the FUCK?! What is wrong with people?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh my god, this makes my homicidal. Those people have NO BUSINESS being anywhere near children, let alone special needs children. Horrible, horrible, horrible.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with people
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Fucking sick...And I wonder who the boy is and why they're protecting the fucker...
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

No wonder he raped her again, she had to hand deliver an apology for the first time. Just sick.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Fucking sick...And I wonder who the boy is and why they're protecting the fucker...
    Possibly it's to do with the boy but it's also possible that they felt this would be better for their image. A school with a rape on campus? Horrifying. There's going to be investigations. Can we hush this up because no one will believe the girl because she's special needs? Let's do it! Voila.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    A southwestern Missouri school district has denied accusations in a federal lawsuit that officials failed to protect a middle-school girl from being raped, calling the lawsuit "frivolous" and saying the girl "neglected to use reasonable means to protect herself."
    Someone needs their fucking chest stomped in for accusing her of something so ridiculous...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

wow unfuckingbelievable
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

That she even wanted to continue her education tells me she's a lot braver than I am. Middle school. Holy cow.

Horrible story. I hope she gets some justice.

This is in a middle school? Jesus christ.

What the fucking FUCK?!?!

I can't even imagine what that poor girl had to go through. Not only having those horrible events happen to her, but to have the school not believe her, AND having to APOLOGIZE to that rapist!? Only for him to do it again and again?!

I guess I'm not understanding why the parents made her go back to that school. Did they not believe her the first time as well?

I foresee extensive therapy for this poor girl in her future.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Silver Member

A boy pleaded guilty in juvenile court to unspecified charges after the family notified police when the girl was raped a second time
    Fuck those people.

School officials were notified of the incident and allegedly doubted the girl's claim, saying they'd "already been through this," according to the lawsuit. The girl was also examined and found to have been sexually assaulted. However, she was suspended from school for "disrespectful conduct" and "public display of affection," her lawyers wrote in the lawsuit.
    what. the. fuck. i'm at a loss for words. this poor girl.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information