Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chick-Fil-A literally hates gays. Eating there supports their anti equality bullshit.

Angry Chick-Fil-A literally hates gays. Eating there supports their anti equality bullshit.

Bet Chick-fil-A wishes this month would end. Over the past few weeks, the restaurant chain's deep ties to the anti-gay movement have been exposed and uncovered by a number of activists, most notably Jeremy Hooper at Good As You. Whether it's Focus on the Family, the National Organization for Marriage, the Pennsylvania Family Institute, or Exodus International, Chick-fil-A ties run deep.

Of course, the President of Chick-fil-A wants gay people to share no hard feelings. The restaurant will gladly feed homosexuals gobs of chicken sandwiches, after all. But when it comes to marriage, Chick-fil-A believes strongly that same-sex couples just don't deserve equal rights.

As we wrote about a few weeks ago, Chick-fil-A's charitable arm, the WinShape Foundation, has been particularly active in the fight against marriage equality. They've hosted conferences with some of the leading opponents of gay marriage in this country. A higher up at WinShape has even praised the efforts of anti-gay activist David Blankenhorn for working against marriage equality, and for articulating a solid reason why American culture should reject same-sex couples.

Now comes some email correspondence that Good As You has shared on their blog, where the WinShape Foundation's Retreat Center -- a center run by the charitable arm of Chick-fil-A -- admits that they have a severe distaste for LGBT people.

The email correspondence goes a little something like this. Someone writes WinShape an easy question about whether their retreat center is open to LGBT people. WinShape's response:

"WinShape Retreat defines marriage from the Biblical standard as being between one man and one woman. Groups/Individuals are welcome who offer wholesome, educational conferences and programs that are compatible with Biblical values and WinShape's purpose," WinShape wrote back.

Kind of some corporate speak, right? So the activist wrote back: can you just give a clear-cut answer? And WinShape confirmed:

"We do not accept homosexual couples because of the statement in our contract."

And so it goes like this: Chick-fil-A is a restaurant where franchises frequently donate to anti-gay organizations like the Pennsylvania Family Institute, Focus on the Family and others. The restaurant's charitable arm, WinShape, holds conferences for opponents of gay marriage and praises their work. And this charitable arm's Retreat program puts a blanket ban on gay couples using their facilities, because they "do not accept homosexual couples."

Yet the President of Chick-fil-A still says that all people, including LGBT people, are treated with respect by the restaurant? Huh, what a funny definition of respect.

Yes, Chick-fil-A Says, We Explicitly Do Not Like Same-Sex Couples | Gay Rights | Change.org
    Firebomb them.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Are you shocked? They close on Sundays for crying out loud. Very religious, very serious about it. Good thing there's not one in my town so I don't have to make an effort to avoid it!
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

No surprise there. There's something weird about a national fast-food chain that closes all their stores on Sunday.

THey actually close on Sundays? That's hilarious.

I derno, I haven't seen one of these places in Toronto yet. Might be a US centric abomination.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No suprises at all. They will never open on sundays. They are extremely charitable. Any given night you can hold a fundraiser for anyone who eats there a percentage goes to your cause. I don't think this will put a dent in their profit. But its not right.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I hate to hear this because their raisin-carrot salad is one of the very few things I can count on my aged Mother actually eating.
    I had noticed the Sunday thing & was actually happy for their employees. Silly me.
    Mormon?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Their chicken sandwich used to be one of my favorites, along with the waffle cut fries. Haven't had them in years.

In n Out's pretty religious too.

I'm glad there isn't one around here
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

never heard of them. asswipes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I hate to hear this because their raisin-carrot salad is one of the very few things I can count on my aged Mother actually eating.
    I had noticed the Sunday thing & was actually happy for their employees. Silly me.
    Mormon?

Yep they're Mormon. I'm not a fast food person but I'll occasionally eat at Chick Fil A cuz I feel they're a bit healthier than other fast food chains and I like their chicken nuggets... but this is a shame. Oh well guess i won't be eating there anytime soon.

This makes me sad. ChikFilA is one of the only fast food places that uses real chicked and not that over processed crap in their food, so usually when we do have a happy meal, its from there.

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    This makes me sad. ChikFilA is one of the only fast food places that uses real chicked and not that over processed crap in their food, so usually when we do have a happy meal, its from there.

In a sense, it is kind of a bummer that a place that actually stands out among fast-food places with its menu turns out to be a fundie place.

When my kids were really little, it was easy to get them to eat there, and there indoor playground was perfect for little kids. However, it drove me nuts that I couldn't take them there on a weekend. I always figured they were some kind of strict Christian sect.

That reminds me, though. Out here Aldi always used to be closed on Sundays. But starting about a year ago, they had Sunday hours. I wonder what religion that Albrecht guy is?

Well they must not know about the one near my house because that is mostly what the morning shift is.

I have actually admired Chick-fi-ley for sticking to their beliefs and not opening on Sunday. They treat the teens that work for them very well and give millions in college scholarships. They do so much right. Now I hear this. I am not really surprised since they are very religious but I am saddened to hear they do not treat everyone equally.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information