Thread: Today's Duh News: Richer girls more likely to have an abortion of underage pregnancy

Default Today's Duh News: Richer girls more likely to have an abortion of underage pregnancy

Under-age girls who become pregnant are most likely to have an abortion if they live in prosperous areas, figures show.

In some of the wealthiest parts of the country four out of five under-age pregnancies end in an abortion, but in poorer areas under-age girls are twice as likely to keep their child.

Experts say it is the aspirations of well-off families that lead to a higher abortion rate, as girls opt not to miss out on their education.

In poorer regions where underage pregnancy is perceived as ‘less of a problem’ fewer abortions are carried out as a result.

In the London borough of Hammersmith and Fulham and in Epping Forest in Essex 83 per cent of pregnancies among girls under 16 ended in an abortion, according to figures from the Office for National Statistics.

In Elmbridge in Surrey, which is nicknamed the Beverly Hills of Britain, the figure was 80 per cent.

In Blackpool 34 per cent of pregnancies among under 16s ended with an abortion while in Bolsover in Derbyshire it was 39 per cent and in Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales 44 per cent.

Commenting on the figures, Professor David Paton, of Nottingham University Business School, said: ‘If you are expecting to go to college, you are more likely to want to avoid pregnancy.

'For a similar reason, if such a girl does get pregnant at an early age, there will be more pressure to have an abortion.’

Read more: Richer girls 'more likely to have an abortion' if they fall pregnant under age | Mail Online

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Duh, is right. #1. They can afford it. #2. More likely to have a future in the works that an unplanned child would fuck up.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^Yeah, that one seems a bit obvious.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Duh, is right. #1. They can afford it. #2. More likely to have a future in the works that an unplanned child would fuck up.
    It's a lot more expensive to raise a child for 20 years than to scrounge up the money for a termination.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    It's a lot more expensive to raise a child for 20 years than to scrounge up the money for a termination.
    Not really considering you could always sit back and allow the taxer payer to provide.

Haha. Witch. I loved that the news is "duh worthy"

Fulham is supposed to be a nice area? Piss off! They have abortions because they don't want to raise their kids in an area full of scum. I live around the corner and it's admittedly a dive (what can you do, former student now desperately trying to make ends meet).
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Thread Information