Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Child horrified upon being given books for Christmas

Default Child horrified upon being given books for Christmas

Child horrified upon being given books for Christmas

Following on from the infamous 'N64 Kid' this little tyke throws a tantrum after unwrapping a Christmas present to find books inside, which he unequivocally defines as 'not toys'.

One book Santa forgot was 'A Guide To Parenting' (YouTube)

'Books?! Books for Christmas?! What the heck is that?! I don't get books, I get toys, not books!' screams the darling child.

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE VIDEO

Apparently in the 21st century literature just won't cut it as the kid seems only interested in presents with a plug and an ON switch.
    You would think that the brand spanking new Nintendo Wii lying freshly unwrapped on the carpet might have appeased him and allowed the child to embrace a good book, but his horror suggests otherwise.
    'You don't get books for Christmas?' his mother laughs, oblivious to her child's petulance, 'No' he responds, 'I hate it'.
    The home video was shot last Christmas but only went viral today after it was feature on America's The Today Show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9F7ijiMaxs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Read more: Child horrified upon being given books for Christmas | Metro.co.uk

The fact that his stupid ass parents think his rotten shitty ungrateful ass is funny and encourage that behavior makes me ill. Spoiled brat.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

The home video was shot last Christmas but only went viral today after it was feature on America's The Today Show.
    No. It was featured on some lame ass morning variety show because it went viral on the internet.

Someone please beat that family and lock them in a closet.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I guess those stupid parents put this crap on the internet to begin with because they think this shit is cute.

Bronze Member

I think it is cute...

little snot. stupid parents for even thinking this is cute.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

The kid is three guys, I mean really. It was probably the first Christmas where he actually knew what the hell was going on and he was probably told for months that Santa was going to come and bring him "toys" if he was a good boy.

It's funny and I feel it's not unusual behavior of three year old boys, and having once been a preschool teacher, I've dealt with a lot of them.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I don't know who I want to slap more: the bratty little shit or his parents who are encouraging him.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    The kid is three guys, I mean really. It was probably the first Christmas where he actually knew what the hell was going on and he was probably told for months that Santa was going to come and bring him "toys" if he was a good boy.

It's funny and I feel it's not unusual behavior of three year old boys, and having once been a preschool teacher, I've dealt with a lot of them.
    normally i might agree. but neither one of my children EVER got snotty or made rude remarks about gifts. just the way they were raised. And omg, if I ever did something like that when i was a child? my dad would have had a fit. Kids do what they get away with. This child probably gets away with it more than we know.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

My kids loved getting books, even if they couldn't read at the time. Not funny and the parents are idiots for laughing. I don't care if he's three. It's a harbinger of things to come.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post

I agree with this. He is only three. Is he supposed to be happy about getting books he cant even read. All kids want toys. I know I did.

and didn't the kid say "What the F is this?" thats when the parents started laughing. I can't tell.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    normally i might agree. but neither one of my children EVER got snotty or made rude remarks about gifts. just the way they were raised. And omg, if I ever did something like that when i was a child? my dad would have had a fit. Kids do what they get away with. This child probably gets away with it more than we know.
    Maybe it's old school, but I'm totally with you on this one. Even if a gift sucked, you were always gracious, never rude...that's something I can remember drilled in even when the siblings and I were this kid's young age. My parents would have been mortified if we carried on like this, yes even at age 3. If we were old enough to speak and understand the concept of getting gifts, I guess that was old enough to know that being an ungrateful little asshole was inappropriate.

That said, there's a part of me that finds this amusing. But the parents finding it amusing and cute is what ruins it. The parents taking away all his shit and telling him he now gets nothing since he didn't know how to act (and then watching him pitch a bigger fit) would have been way cooler.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Most kids-even tiny ones -love books! That is odd. Maybe they don't read to him?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

If any of my kids pulled this they'd be up in their (empty) rooms thinking about ways to earn back their toys. No way in hell should a kid be allowed to think it's ok to pitch a fit because he doesn't like what he received.

It's sad to me that a three year old hasn't learned the value of books yet. Kids who are read to learn to love books and wouldn't react this way.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information