Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kate McCann says their "Find Maddie" fund is running dry, beg for more money

Default Kate McCann says their "Find Maddie" fund is running dry, beg for more money

Madeleine McCann search fund 'running out'

Parents Gerry and Kate McCann express dismay at lack of help from authorities three years after their daughter vanished

Haroon Siddique and agencies guardian.co.uk,
    Wednesday 3 November 2010 13.41 GMT

Madeleine McCann's family reflect on their "new normal" life together Link to this video

The parents of Madeleine McCann fear that the hunt for their missing daughter is grinding to a halt as their funds to maintain the search dry up.
    Madeleine was three when she went missing from her family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on 3 May 2007 as her parents dined with friends nearby.

Gerry and Kate McCann, both 42, said that the Find Madeleine Fund was running low and would last only until spring, after which they would no longer be able to pay private investigators.

"When the money runs out we will not be able to pay the investigators helping us to find Madeleine," Kate McCann told the Sun. "It will be just me and Gerry left looking for her. I just can't contemplate that."
    The fund has fallen from £2m at its peak to £300,000. The couple have sent letters to public figures asking for money to continue the search for their daughter. They are convinced Madeleine is alive and are angry they are not receiving more help from the authorities.
    "There's no evidence that Madeleine is not out there alive," said Kate McCann. "It's just heartbreaking to think that nothing is getting done other than what we are having to do, other than our small team." The couple are urging the public to support their call for a full case review of Madeleine's disappearance by signing an online petition.
    "We need action, I don't need fluffy worthless words. We need somebody to do something," said Kate McCann.
    "Madeleine is still missing, she's a little girl, her abductor is still out there, so by not carrying on we are putting other children at risk. I think more needs to be done."
    Gerry McCann said: "Essentially for the last three and a half years the authorities have not been doing anything proactive to help Madeleine. That is despite our best efforts to encourage them to do so. I don't think it's right that the onus should fall on us – the authorities really should be doing more."
    The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, have met former home secretaries Alan Johnson and Jacqui Smith, as well as the current home secretary, Theresa May, to discuss the issue and to push for a review of the case.
    Portuguese police launched a huge investigation with the support of British officers after Madeleine went missing, but the inquiry was formally shelved in July 2008 without reaching any firm conclusions about her fate.
    A Home Office spokesman said May was "deeply sympathetic" to the couple's situation. "The government wants to ensure that everything feasible is being done to progress the search for Madeleine," he said.
    "The British authorities will maintain a dialogue with the Portuguese and continue to liaise with Madeleine's family on any developments."

Madeleine McCann search fund 'running out' | UK news | guardian.co.uk
    Last edited by Novice; November 4th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.
    Free Charmed.

lol are they fucking joking?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

They have to be shitting me?
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Do these people even have jobs?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

They are both doctors.

Good, then they can fund it themselves. They ain't hurting for cash.

Secondly, they could totally solve this case if they just brought the cops to wherever they buried her..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I mean, if you're innocent I can understand how you'd want to keep looking, it would feel weird just doing nothing even after 3 years. But they can't keep expecting people to pay for their private investigators!

There's a reason why this "fund" has dried up in THREE freaking years. What's that saying, fool me once....

Some people absolutely have no sense of shame.

yes, perhaps had these two fucknuts taken care of their children instead of leaving them alone in a fucking hotel room so they can go partay with their friends...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

"We need action, I don't need fluffy worthless words. We need somebody to do something," said Kate McCann.
    And your kid needed parents who didn't put funtime above her & had some fucking responsibility.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    yes, perhaps had these two fucknuts taken care of their children instead of leaving them alone in a fucking hotel room so they can go partay with their friends...
    Yep, no better than the crackwhore who leaves her kids alone in my book. No, actually worse because these are educated people with the money to hire a proper babysitter.

Even if they're 100% innocent in her disappearance they deserved to be arrested and prosecuted for child neglect.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yep, no better than the crackwhore who leaves her kids alone in my book. No, actually worse because these are educated people with the money to hire a proper babysitter.

Even if they're 100% innocent in her disappearance they deserved to be arrested and prosecuted for child neglect.
    THIS. AND they need to pay back every single penny donated....

wouldn't it be awesome if some group of millionaires started a fund to prove the mccanns are guilty?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

2 million pounds are gone now? WTF? i have all sympathy in the world for parents whose kids are missing, but this is ridiculous. there are thousands of kids missing and noone's helping their parents/friends/etc. find them, and most of them didn't leave their kids alone in a hotel room, so please STFU.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    2 million pounds are gone now? WTF? i have all sympathy in the world for parents whose kids are missing, but this is ridiculous. there are thousands of kids missing and noone's helping their parents/friends/etc. find them, and most of them didn't leave their kids alone in a hotel room, so please STFU.
    Thank you! I want a fund started for that poor Kyron Horman!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information