Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband/wife jetskiing (allegedly) attacked by Mexican pirates

Default Husband/wife jetskiing (allegedly) attacked by Mexican pirates

Didn't see this posted yet...its been several days since this incident and I happened to catch the wife and the husbands parents/sister on The Today Show this morning. The husbands family is destroyed....the wife? Notsomuch. Yup, I said it. Her story has major holes....

Authorities were still searching Tuesday for the body of an American man, days after he was shot on a lake that straddles the U.S.-Mexico border.

The man, David Hartley, 30, and his wife Tiffany, were riding personal watercraft in Falcon Lake Thursday when they were ambushed by gunmen on four boats, authorities said.

Tiffany Hartley was able to escape the attack but her husband was shot and fell into the water, said Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez Jr. of Zapata County, Texas.

"This couple ventured into these waters deep into Mexico," Gonzalez said. "This gentleman was hit in the back of the head with a bullet."

The part of the lake where the incident occurred is technically in the municipality of Guerrero, a city in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas, Gonzalez said. The state has made headlines recently as a hotbed for drug cartel violence.

Gonzalez said that while nothing about the suspects is known, he strongly believes they are pirates linked to drug cartels across the border.

Authorities released the 911 tape of the frantic moments after Tiffany Hartley was able to escape the suspects.

Dispatcher: "Ma'am? Were you shot at on the Mexican side or on the U.S. side?"

Tiffany Hartley: "Yes."

Dispatcher: "So it was the Mexican side. OK, did you see anybody?"

Tiffany Hartley: "There were three boats."

Dispatcher: "OK. Are you sure that your husband got shot?"

911 Dispatcher: "Was he thrown out of the Jet Ski, he's in the water or something?"

911 Dispatcher: "So you more or less know where he is?"

Tiffany Hartley: "Yeah, but he's on the Mexican side."

Search continues for body of American shot in Mexican waters - CNN.com

you know, Lynnie? i saw her on the Today show, and I came away with the same feelings. Something is up.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^Soon as I saw her body language and the vague answers, I just KNEW. Maybe she didn't DO IT, but was somehow involved. Give this another week.....I think we'll see some different stuff coming out.

fgg

i was thinking the same thing even before the interview...sure the mexican pirates shot your husband. and how convenient that the US authorities can't even look for his body to confirm the story because it happened on the mexican side.

Hub read the story in the San Antonio Sunday paper and didn't believe a word of it. After reading it, I agree. It has giant loop holes. Didn't see the woman on Today, but I can believe she wasn't too upset. The sheriff should call Monk.

so are mexican drug cartel pirates the new black kid's pants?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I saw the interview on the Today show, too. I also got the feeling she wasn't to torn up over it. And I also wondred why didn't the pirates shoot her when she was in the water with the husband's body? Why would they pull the boat over to her, shake the gun in her face, and drive off? You would think they would have killed her as well, since she could identify them. And not to mention the fact they are pirates and bad guys,....you'd think she would have been taken herself, raped, ect.

The wife also stated she thinks the pirates took her husband's body and their jet ski to hide them from authorities, so no one would believe her. Something is fishy,.......

Yea, I was just watching CNN and they were talking about this. The husband had a life jacket on, so the Mexican authorities are like gee, if he had a life jacket on, why can't we find him (apparently the Mexicans ARE trying to find him and return him to his family). However, there is allegedly a witness on shore who helped the wife call 911 who saw boats chasing the wife....dunno.
    This is interesting...

Crystal ball says witness and wife are having an affair.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this looks like fun can't wait to see the People magazine cover and story!!

This will be an episode of Snapped next year....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Yea, I was just watching CNN and they were talking about this. The husband had a life jacket on, so the Mexican authorities are like gee, if he had a life jacket on, why can't we find him (apparently the Mexicans ARE trying to find him and return him to his family). However, there is allegedly a witness on shore who helped the wife call 911 who saw boats chasing the wife....dunno.
    This is interesting...
    Could mexicans have found him and hid the body so there was no evidence? I dont have anything to offer, not sure about all of this but will wait to see what comes out of it. The 911 call was pretty crazy
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Here's the video from the Today Show, they all look pretty torn up, actually. But I remember Susan Smith, so I am still suspicious.

Wife: Pirates are hiding my husband

Hmmm I wonder how long it will take before the following comes out:

1. Wifey was having an affair.
    2. Wifey took out big life insurance policy on hubby.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Why would pirates hide a body and jetski when they left a living witness?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information