Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Ass. AG wages homophobic campaign of harassment in his free time

Default Michigan Ass. AG wages homophobic campaign of harassment in his free time

Assistant attorney general blogs against gay student body president

By the CNN Wire Staff
    September 30, 2010 1:23 a.m. EDT

Asst. DA explains attacks on gay student

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Assistant attorney general accuses student of pushing "radical homosexual agenda"
    • Andrew Shirvell blog criticizes openly gay student assembly president
    • Shirvell makes no apologies for blog, says he does it during off-work hours
    • Shirvell's "immaturity and lack of judgment outside the office are clear," attorney general says
    (CNN) -- For nearly six months, Andrew Shirvell, an assistant attorney general for the state of Michigan, has waged an internet campaign against college student Chris Armstrong, the openly gay student assembly president at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.

Using the online moniker "Concerned Michigan Alumnus," Shirvell launched his blog in late April.

"Welcome to 'Chris Armstrong Watch,'" Shirvell wrote in his inaugural blog post. "This is a site for concerned University of Michigan alumni, students, and others who oppose the recent election of Chris Armstrong -- a RADICAL HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVIST, RACIST, ELITIST, & LIAR -- as the new head of student government."

Among other things, Shirvell has published blog posts that accuse Armstrong of going back on a campaign promise he made to minority students; engaging in "flagrant sexual promiscuity" with another male member of the student government; sexually seducing and influencing "a previously conservative [male] student" so much so that the student, according to Shirvell, "morphed into a proponent of the radical homosexual agenda;" hosting a gay orgy in his dorm room in October 2009; and trying to recruit incoming first year students "to join the homosexual 'lifestyle.' "

Video: Blog targets gay college student

Video: Toobin sounds off on Michigan official
    Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox has declined to comment directly about Shirvell's comments.

"Mr. Shirvell's personal opinions are his and his alone and do not reflect the views of the Michigan Department of Attorney General," Cox said in the written statement provided by his office to CNN's "AC 360" Tuesday night. "But his immaturity and lack of judgment outside the office are clear."
    Shirvell said he works on the blog during his off-hours.

On "AC 360," Shirvell made no apologies for his blog postings, which include a picture of Armstrong with "Resign" written over his face. The same picture also had a swastika superimposed over a gay pride flag, with an arrow pointing toward Armstrong.
    Shirvell acknowledged protesting outside of Armstrong's house and calling him "Satan's representative on the student assembly."

"I'm a Christian citizen exercising my First Amendment rights," Shirvell told CNN's Anderson Cooper. "I have no problem with the fact that Chris is a homosexual. I have a problem with the fact that he's advancing a radical homosexual agenda."

Armstrong has supported gender-neutral housing at the university for transgender students who haven't had sexual reassignment surgery.
    Armstrong told CNN he has hired an attorney but did not give details on what legal action he may pursue. CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin says Armstrong may have grounds for a harassment case.
    Assistant attorney general blogs against gay student body president - CNN.com

The video of the little weasel is worth a watch just to see his expression when Anderson Cooper accuses him of being obsessed.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; September 30th, 2010 at 01:47 PM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

what the hell is a 'radical homosexual agenda'?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

longer cafeteria hours, mixed gender housing, lower tuition

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

"Mr. Shirvell's personal opinions are his and his alone and do not reflect the views of the Michigan Department of Attorney General," Cox said in the written statement provided by his office to CNN's "AC 360" Tuesday night. "But his immaturity and lack of judgment outside the office are clear."
    Shirvell said he works on the blog during his off-hours.
    Dear Mike Cox - this is complete, unadulterated BULLSHIT. I am uninterested in having an AAG who is biased and doesn't mind blogging about it "in his spare time". Get the fuck rid of him.

PS - Thank God you're not still in the running for Governor. Bleargh!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

" hosting a gay orgy in his dorm room in October 2009;
    I think somebody is just jealous that he didn't get invited.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Jeeze, you would think he would have better things to do with his time than harass someone this way.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    what the hell is a 'radical homosexual agenda'?
    Basically, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria....

The dumb prick is a punk and obviously a stalker. So charge him as such, including violating the man's privacy.

PS - Thank God you're not still in the running for Governor. Bleargh!
    Yeah that.

I'm thinking self loathing deeply closeted gay guy. These gay haters always are. The truth will out.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm thinking self loathing deeply closeted gay guy. These gay haters always are. The truth will out.
    yup. it seems that always happens.

and, i love it when it does.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Probably so.

Andrew Shirvell should be charged with a hate crime. That's what this is.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Andrew Shirvell Suspended Over Anti-Gay Blog

Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox has finally done the right thing and suspended Andrew Shirvell, his staffer who has been harassing Chris Armstrong, the openly gay president of the University of Michigan's student body.
    Cox has consistently said that Shirvell was protected by the First Amendment, and told Anderson Cooper that very thing on Wednesday. Apparently public pressure proved to much, however, and now Cox announced that Shirvell is being reprimanded.
    Meanwhile, Armstrong has taken Cox's advice and is pursuing a protective order against Shirvell, and the University has banned him from campus.

Andrew Shirvell Suspended Over Anti-Gay Blog - Towleroad | #gay #news

About damn time.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Elite Member

There is something deeply wrong with that man. It isn't just the homophobia (and I cosign the self-loathing closet-case theory), but his behavior suggests mental illness. Like we need more mentally ill people enforcing the law.

Can't wait till he gets caught in the stall next to Larry Craig. Something to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    There is something deeply wrong with that man. It isn't just the homophobia (and I cosign the self-loathing closet-case theory), but his behavior suggests mental illness. Like we need more mentally ill people enforcing the law.

Can't wait till he gets caught in the stall next to Larry Craig. Something to look forward to!
    Yeah, this guy is all kinds of fucked up. Who knows what causes someone like this to be like this?

-closeted gay?
    -mentally ill?
    -abused as a child?

all of the above? Who knows? But he is certainly one jacked up ass.

In his pic he looks so fucking uptight that anyone screwing him would need a gallon of lube and end up with a broken back trying to get in-but I would not doubt he is a closet case anyway.

Whatever..fuck him. Get hit by a truck and die in agony motherfucker!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information