Thread: Video Catches Dad Becoming School Bus Bully

fgg

Default Video Catches Dad Becoming School Bus Bully

Video Catches Dad Becoming School Bus Bully

Dad goes on bully tirade on a school bus

By TODD WRIGHT

Police are calling a Florida dad a real bully after he jumped on his daughter's school bus and confronted some kids who had been harassing the girl.

The irate father's tirade was caught on the Seminole school bus' surveillance camera and now police are investigating whether to press charges.

"Now everybody sit down; sit down," the unidentified man said on the surveillance tape.

The man turns to his daughter and asks her to point out some students. The girl had allegedly been getting beat up and picked on during rides to and from school, the father said.

"Show me which one. Show me which one," he said.

The video showed the man head down the center aisle to confront other students.

"This is my daughter, and I will kill the (expletive) who fought her," he said.

In the video, the school bus driver can be seen allowing the man to get on the bus and doesn't appear to budge as the man warns the group of students, who were on their way to a Lake Mary school earlier this week.

With bullying becoming an even bigger issue in schools, several parents have decided to take matters into their own hands instead of turning to school officials or police to straighten out bullies.

In Broward, another angry dad pulled a stun gun on a fifth grader who was bullying his son at school. He was arrested and charged with felony child abuse.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office may seek charges of false imprisonment, disorderly conduct, interrupting a school function and assault.

"Here you have an adult, a grown man, who is probably by hand able to carry out these threats -- to do serious bodily harm or kill these children," Seminole County Sheriff's Office Lt. James Clark said.

Video Catches Dad Becoming School Bus Bully | NBC Miami

i was with him until he made the threat to kill
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

If the schools are doing nothing to stop the bullying, then you are going to have parents take things into their own hands.

If by taking things into their own hands, you mean behave in an immature fashion and get a criminal record over something that could be solved in a more civilized manner. Did he even talk to the school or the driver?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    If by taking things into their own hands, you mean behave in an immature fashion and get a criminal record over something that could be solved in a more civilized manner. Did he even talk to the school or the driver?
    I don't think the story specified what measures he took previously before he went on the bus.

God, this is something my dad would have done.

Threatening violence doesn't help, Dad. It just gets you into trouble and makes your daughter look more helpless.

I do wonder, however, if anything had been done before this whereas the school is concerned. We had a suicide around here last year because of 'bus bullying'. I guess schools are actually improving about stopping bullying at the school so more of it is falling to the travel home on the bus and the walk home, when the bus driver is too busy trying to drive to have his eyes in every place at once
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I agree the guy shouldn't be making threats but I have no problem with a parent intervening in a bullying situation (appropriately).

2 boys on my daughter's school bus "roughed" her up once to steal bakugan cards from her backpack. She was in the first grade and they were third graders. Honestly, when she came home crying I think I would have smacked those kids if they were in front of me.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I can't condone what this father did, but at a school I went to they persistantly refused to deal with complaints about bullying. The attitude was that the school didn't have a bullying problem therefore they didn't need to take action. Because sweeping it under the carpet works so well...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Some schools ask/reward older kids on the bus to keep an eye out for the younger ones.

Thread Information