Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch yer ass: China's dirty war on America's toilet paper

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Watch yer ass: China's dirty war on America's toilet paper

Think undervalued currency is a big deal? Think again, naïve American, because China will soon have control of your ass, or at least what you wipe it with. Get ready for a lifetime of pain and suffering in the bathroom.

You might ask yourself, "How does China's economic grip reach my ass?" It's simple: they're buying up all of our used paper, which we recycle into toilet paper, and are hoarding it for themselves. Wired asked Jeff Phillips, from recycled toilet paper maker Seventh Generation:

The cost of office waste paper has skyrocketed (more than doubled) in the last six months primarily as a result of China re-entering the market," Phillips wrote in an e-mail to Wired.com. "There has [also] been a reduction in availability due to more offices trying to reduce paper consumption and through the use of electronic media."
    So you can't just blame the Chinese. Look no further than those damn tree-hugging hippies in your office who refuse to use high-quality, long fiber, white paper from nice big trees to print out office email jokes. But if you're still mad as hell at the Chinese, which you should be, then just hold tight for the remake of the 1980s classic Red Dawn, coming in November. We'll show them.China's Dirty War on America's Toilet Paper - China - Gawker
    Those Chinese will get us where it really hurts.
    Last edited by buttmunch; April 23rd, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

One of the many problems that could be eliminated by legalizing industrial hemp...

Quote Originally Posted by LucreziaBorgia View Post
    One of the many problems that could be eliminated by legalizing industrial hemp...
    Or more specifically, kenaf.

We can also fight off the Chinese by implementing more bidet's.

Or by starting our own recycling industry instead of shipping everything across the Pacific several times.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Or by starting our own recycling industry instead of shipping everything across the Pacific several times.

Ah yes, the great recycling plan of shipping reusables across the ocean and putting thousands of gallons of gasoline in giant container ships to do it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

OMG! DON'T LET THEM RECYCLE PAPER!!!!!
    You'll end up wiping your ass with someone elses ass!

Used Condom Hair Bands: China Takes Recycling Too Far

by Tamara Warta Share268

Condom hair bands? American ladies are always on the prowl for deals that will amp their appearance without breaking the bank. The same goes for women living in China, though unfortunately this Asian country has recently taken budget a little too far.
    The newest trend for hair décor? Used condoms recycled into hair bands. Yup, you read it right, used condoms recycled into hair bands.
    The is based in Southern China, and while it surely is a frugal road to braids and buns, the risk might be aimed at the body attached to the trendy hair.
    Source: ahsoon.netEven though the condoms are fully recycled, it has been shown there is still a marked amount of risk for bacteria to be transmitted as girls are known for holding rubber bands in their as they use both hands to gather their hair into their ponytail. Even if they set the band on a bathroom counter while putting hair into place, biting or any other oral contact to the skin touching the bands can cause infection ranging from to the HIV virus.
    A Typical Package of Condom Hair Bands: Source: ahsoon.net
    The recycled bands come cheap at 3 cents for about ten, however the economical advantage has a high risk of leading to dangerous health disadvantages. With China recently dragged into the spotlight regarding lead-tainted products imported seemingly everywhere overseas, the STD-infested hair fasteners is only the most recent of offenses. Health officials are scrambling to thwart this corner cutting beauty innovation, warning people of the risks through different means of media.
    Source: ahsoon.net
    Article Source: Attuworld.net and Yahoo! News
    Tamara Warta
    Asian Innovations
    Inventor Spot

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    OMG! DON'T LET THEM RECYCLE PAPER!!!!!
    You'll end up wiping your ass with someone elses ass!
    It's not recycled from toilet paper.

And the hair elastics were made from new condoms that were factory defects not used condoms.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

^^
    Many of their decisions are made on the basis of profit analysis instead of sound practice. They put plastic in baby formula and dog food to raise the protein content, anti-freeze in cough syrup, cardboard in pork buns, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if defective condoms are sold as new and used condoms were recycled. I don't think they care.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to recycle hazardous paper, they will.

America needs to stop out-sourcing work.
    Last edited by sharky; April 23rd, 2010 at 01:04 PM.

You can't recycle used toilet paper. Collection is simply not feasible neither is used condom recycling. How would you even recycle used condoms? You'd have to collect them first. Tiny little recycling boxes? The cardboard in buns story was a hoax. Nation & World | Police arrest reporter for faking story on cardboard-filled buns | Seattle Times Newspaper

^^ A journalist went underground to film that story.

He was later arrested and sent to prison for "spreading lies" by the communist government.

He's probably dead or recycled by now.

Organ Harvesting Still Happening in China Today, Says Report Author

Epoch Times Staff
    Jul 08, 2008

Former Canadian Secretary of State for Asia-Pacific David Kilgour presents a revised report about continued murder of Falun Gong practitioners in China for their organs, as report co-author lawyer David Matas listens in the background, on Jan. 31, 2007. (Matthew Hildebrand/The Epoch Times)

Related Articles
    - The Twin Betrayals of the Olympics in 1936 and 2008 Monday, May 12, 2008
    - Organ Harvesting Confirmed By a Former Detention Center Prisoner Friday, May 02, 2008
    - The Olympics, Dehumanization, and Organ Harvesting Thursday, April 24, 2008
    - Muslim Sheikh in Israel Condemns Organ Harvesting Thursday, April 17, 2008
    - Chinese Hospitals Do Not Accept Donated Organs Tuesday, April 15, 2008
    - David Matas Explains Organ Harvesting in China Friday, April 11, 2008

Two years ago, a groundbreaking investigative report by two high-profile Canadian lawyers raised the horrific possibility that tens of thousands of prisoners of conscience in China were being killed so their organs could be sold in lucrative transplant deals.
    Unfortunately, despite noteworthy progress, the practice is still occurring in China today, said one of the report's authors.
    The report was released a few months after The Epoch Times first broke the story of illegal organ harvesting in China. The report concluded there is no known source of organs for some 41,500 transplants that took place in China from 2000 to 2005 besides the tens of thousands of detained Falun Gong practitioners. China's number of transplants skyrocketed after the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999.
    In the two years since publishing their report, "Bloody Harvest: Report into Allegations of Organ Harvesting of Falun Gong Practitioners in China," David Matas, an internationally respected human rights lawyer, and David Kilgour, a former MP and Secretary of State for Asia-Pacific, have traveled the world discussing their findings. Matas told The Epoch Times in an interview today that the report has attracted significant attention around the world but he does not think organ harvesting has ceased in China.
    "In my view it is still happening," he said. He did mention some laudable developments in the past two years, however.
    Israel, which used to fund trips to China for citizens needing transplants, has ceased that practice completely. Meanwhile the government of Taiwan has made efforts to stamp out transplant tourism from its country to China, which Matas credits for a large drop in the number of transplants in China.
    But while the number of transplants has dropped, so too has the number of executed prisoners, China's only "legitimate" source of transplant organs. The number of transplants occurring still exceeds the number of executed prisoners, said Matas, suggesting prisoners of conscience, mainly Falun Gong practitioners, continue to be killed for transplant deals.
    The report has also sparked numerous other efforts to curb transplant tourism, including a private member's bill by Canadian MP Borys Wrzesnewskyj that would criminalize the practice of Canadians traveling abroad to get organs from unethical sources like murdered Falun Gong practitioners. Matas said private members bill introduced in Belgium also addressed organ harvesting.
    The Philippine government, said Matas, has also made efforts to shut down organ brokerages, businesses that set up trips for people that want to go to another country for a transplant.
    The United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture, Dr. Manfred Nowak, has repeatedly quested Beijing on this issue, and has publicly stated that he found the allegations in the report plausible. Despite that however Matas said few NGOs and institutions addressed the issue, something he finds regrettable.
    "Your dealing, very often, with people and institutions that have to deal with China in some way and they are not sure how to do it."
    To date China's communist government has done little to dispute the report's findings, evidence of its accuracy, said Matas. Matas said he and Kilgour received no payment for their investigation and report, which they completed at the request of the Coalition to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong. While many trips to speak about the report were paid for by their hosts (universities, NGOs and individuals) Matas said they rarely received payment for the speeches themselves, besides the occasional honorarium from a university. Matas said that he and Kilgour have also paid for some of their own travel expenses.

>There are additional testimonies from Chinese doctors that they have removed organs, eyes and skin from living people.

I think these reports are true, and very sad.

That's why I don't think they would balk at using any product pristine or contaminated for recycling.

Also a good place to collect used condoms is a brothel.
    Last edited by sharky; April 23rd, 2010 at 01:21 PM.

Where do they get all those used condoms? Do they have a condom depository box like they do for druggie needles? Do they scour the trashcans after fraternity parties? I'm not sure I really want to know.

They don't. Despite sharky's theories, the condoms were unused.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    They don't. Despite sharky's theories, the condoms were unused.
    Well that's reassuring.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information