Login to remove the ads!

Thread: 'Smoking Baby' Facebook picture sparks police inquiry

Default 'Smoking Baby' Facebook picture sparks police inquiry

Topping the list of idiotic things to share on Facebook, 18-year-old mother Rebecca Davey of Southend, Essex (in the UK), posted a photo of her six-month-old son Ollie with an unlit cigarette in his month.

The Daily Mail reports that the smoking baby photo alarmed a few online friends, who reported Davey to the local authorities.
    The Facebook() photo, which was eventually removed (although later posted by the Daily Mail), prompted Essex police and social services to inquire about the well-being of the baby. They ultimately found that the child was not at risk.
    Davey returned to the scene of the crime (Facebook) to offer her insightful analysis of the situation in a special language understood by her fellow friends and status updaters.
    Davey wrote, “Some w***** reported me to the police abwt picture off ollie.”
    Which was followed up by the ever-so eloquent sentiment, “Why Would SomeOne Do That To Me U Ollie No was taking U Yur Mine for lyfee Darlinggg Mummy Loves You .”
    Once supporter wrote, “Some ppl r nosey f****** aint they!! dw ur a good mum they wont hassle u 4 long!!!”
    While another pondered, “What chance has the kid got if the family behave like this?”
    We hope that Mashable readers are savvy enough to know that posting a photo of your child smoking a cigarette online — unlit or not — is unwise. Should that not be case, let this be one lesson learned through the example of Rebecca Davey.

Mom Questioned for Posting Photo of Baby Smoking on Facebook

“Why Would SomeOne Do That To Me U Ollie No was taking U Yur Mine for lyfee Darlinggg Mummy Loves You .”
    She should be arrested for butchering the English language. The kid is doomed.

^^^ ditto.

I know typos are inevitable sometimes (okay most times), but this kind of butchery just hurts. Poor baby, having to grow up with that piece of trash for a mother.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

How is it people like her can reproduce so easily???
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^ Birth control is complicated

Bring in a licence to have kids... woop.

Classy. I agree that baby is doomed.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

She may be a threat to her kid because of her stupidity, but the people who are saying CPS should be called over a picture of a baby with an unlit ciggarette are just as stupid, imo. Same as if the baby were sitting with a can of beer. Ciggs and beer aren't going to hurt a baby if they aren't ingested. No different than putting a hat on a dog for a photo as far as I'm concerned. We have a picute of me at 6 mos with Grandma's wig on and an unlit cigg hanging out of my mouth. I never smoked or was given alcohol as a child . If this kid grows up to do those things it's because it's a learned behavior, not because he had one in his mouth when he didn't even know what it was.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. If he was actually smoking, yeah call. Sometimes I think people just like to start trouble for others.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I agree. If he was actually smoking, yeah call. Sometimes I think people just like to start trouble for others.

I think some people just enjoy the ego boost they feel when they believe they have some righteous indignation that means they get to be the hero in a world full of villians. This is especially true when the hand wringing and finger pointing starts for the sake of the chiiiiiiildren. Because you can never be too hysterical or paranoid or judgmental when it comes to the welfare of da beybeeeees, ya know? This is the kind of thing that lets plain Janes and Joes reaffim to themselves that while they may have faults too, they are nowhere as bad as those people who _____________(fill in the blank: put their kids in daycare, take pictures of babies with unlit ciggs, let their 9 yr old take the subway).
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information