Thread: Missing Idaho boy's disappearance 'suspicious'

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Missing Idaho boy's disappearance 'suspicious'

Idaho police fear a 'tragic event' in the disappearance of 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Police investigating the disappearance of an Idaho boy missing for a week said Friday they are afraid the child may have been the victim of a tragedy.

Boise authorities told reporters that there are "suspicious circumstances" surrounding 8-year-old Robert Manwill's disappearance.

"Robert may be injured or be the victim of a tragic event," said Boise Police Chief Jim Kerns at a brief Friday press conference. "But he is still missing."

Earlier this week, news emerged that Robert's mother is on probation for fracturing the skull of the missing boy's infant half brother, who was removed from her custody by the state.

Robert was last seen near the Boise apartment of his mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins. Police detectives, FBI agents and more than 100 volunteers have searched extensively, but haven't found him.

Boise police have previously said there is no evidence of foul play in the disappearance of Robert, and that the family is cooperating fully.

The missing boy's father, Charles Manwill, has had custody of him since 2008. Jenkins has visitation rights, and the boy was visiting her the night he disappeared.

Court records show a history of family tragedies involving children.

Jenkins pleaded guilty in March to a misdemeanor charge of injury to a child following an October 2008 incident that fractured her infant son's skull, according to The Idaho Statesman.

Court records say Jenkins "did willfully inflict" the injury to her other son "by striking the child's head on a surface, causing a fracture to the child's skull," on Oct. 19, 2008. She was sentenced to 29 days of work release, fined $75.50 and put on probation for two years.

The child is the son of Jenkins' boyfriend, Daniel Edward Ehrlick, and was in the care of the state Department of Health and Welfare through at least February, according to court documents. The agency on Wednesday would not release his whereabouts, citing policy.

Jenkins has a third child, a 2 1/2-year-old daughter, fathered by a third man, who has custody of her. Jenkins has visitation rights. Ehrlick, who has been convicted of burglary, battery and possession of drug paraphernalia, is banned from being alone with the girl, but court documents don't say why.

In another case, Charles Manwill's wife, Silke Fatma Manwill, stabbed their 4-year-old son, Michael, in the chest in 1993, killing him. She was sentenced to federal prison after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter, and was released in 2002.

Meanwhile, Jenkins has declined to comment on her son Robert's disappearance.

"We are a joined family at this time in this crisis," said Trisha Burrill, Robert Manwill's aunt. "We are acting as one, with one goal in mind. To bring Robert back."http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535914,00.html?test=latestnews
    Jesus, does this guy have a black cloud hanging over him? Two kids, one killed by first wife, the second missing?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

i think they'll find the boy pretty soon and a family member will probably be to blame, that's obvious.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

Hello?????? Its the mother...
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Maybe it's the ex-wife who killed his other child. She did get out of jail in 2002.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Can I just say what the fuck? Why did he stay with the child killing wife? I hope that poor child is ok.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Sounds like an inbred bunch
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

none of these people should ever have been allowed to breed.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Can I just say what the fuck? Why did he stay with the child killing wife? I hope that poor child is ok.
    I don't think he did. I think she was in jail and he got together with the mother of the kid who's now missing.

--Sinclair Lewis

Just a quick and sad update.
    The boys body was found in a canal. The cops are being pretty
    tight lipped about the investigation still. It happened in my hometown,
    so I stay updated on the news there. A lot of people suspect the mother or her boyfriend. It is being handled as a homocide.
    Poor little boy.

Story Created: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM MDT
    Story Updated: Aug 9, 2009 at 9:57 PM MDT

By Jen Wahl

BOISE - Robert Manwill's family has stood behind police for weeks as they searched for the little boy. Again today, they walked together, this time slowly, carrying Robert's remains.

Pastor George Sova spoke for the family during Sunday's services.

"What began as a community's search for a missing child and ended in the discovery of a tragic, tragic death of this sweet innocent boy," Sova said.

Hundreds of community members, some now friends of the Manwill family because of Robert, gathered with a shared grief and tears.

The eight-year-old's teacher, Christie Morales was among those who traveled to Boise for the funeral, from his hometown in New Plymouth.

"When you spend seven hours a day, five days a week with someone, you get attached," Morales said. "Robert was one of my kids and it's not fair to lose someone so young."

Morales's words were echoed by Robert's mother, Melissa Jenkins and father, Charles Manwill, in letters, their last words to their son.

"You were a gift," Sova said. "Though it was extremely short, you will always be in our hearts."

But before Robert was finally laid in peace, his family stood together one last time.

Releasing white doves for the little boy, who won't soon be forgotten by the Boise community or his loving family.
    Hundreds remember Robert Manwill at his funeral | KBCI CBS 2 - News, Weather and Sports - Boise, ID Boise, Idaho | Local & Regional

Wow thanks for the update. That's so horrible. Was anything released about the conditions of the body?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

what a sad thing to happen.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Is the chick in that pic PREGNANT again???

Poor little boy.....sounds like he may not have had much of a shot to begin with...RIP

Poor baby
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Thread Information