Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Babysitter sex scandal: 28-year-old woman in love with 14-year-old boy

Default Babysitter sex scandal: 28-year-old woman in love with 14-year-old boy

Babysitter Sex Scandal: 28-Year-Old Woman in Love with 14-Year-Old Boy - Crimesider - CBS News

POST FALLS, Idaho (CBS/AP) A 28-year-old Post Falls woman faces charges that she had sex with a 14-year-old boy that she was hired to watch in August 2007.

Summer Nelson was charged Monday with four counts of lewd conduct with a child.

Court records say Nelson was the boy’s babysitter and friend of the mother. Police say the abuse was reported in December 2008, after the boy's mother grew suspicious of Nelson's attention towards her oldest son.

Investigators say Nelson told the boy's siblings that she was in love with their brother and asked the boy’s mother for her blessing, according to KXLY.

Detectives say Nelson and the boy had at least four sexual encounters.

Nelson remains held in Kootenai County Jail on $50,000 bond. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.

If convicted, Nelson could face up to life in prison.

14 yo needed a sitter?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

^^^
    seriously. i'd been a babysitter for several years by the time i was 14.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It says the 14 year old was her oldest son, so she probably had other kids that the woman was watching.

Sick. I don't get how a woman my age could be in love and banging a 14 year old kid. She must have some issues to say the least!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm wondering why a 14 year old needed a babysitter as well, and why he didn't just babysit the other kids. I too was babysitting at that age. Weird.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Could face life in prison? Lol that's ridiculous. And a 14 year old shouldn't need a babysitter.

Oh I've got worse than a 14 year old needing a babysitter. Last Saturday my best friend's cousin asked her to babysit her kids overnight and when she called me I asked how old they were (two girls) and one was 15 and the other 9...and I was like "Why the hell does a 15 year old need to be babysat??" I was also bitter because we were supposed to go bar hopping! She said her cousin was concerned that her oldest daughter is sneaky and wanted someone to make sure she wasn't running around town and also to keep an eye on the 9 year old...

Oh but it gets better...another cousin, 19 (a boy) also lives there so he was offended that he had to be 'babysat' by a 22 year old. Apparently he's immature and not trustworthy enough but still...that's got to be a major blow to the ego.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

A 19 year old being babysat? Is he mentally disabled? I can understand not letting a 15 year old stay overnight at home alone, though.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    A 19 year old being babysat? Is he mentally disabled? I can understand not letting a 15 year old stay overnight at home alone, though.
    Nope. And I was just flabbergasted by my friend babysitting a 15 year old- who is more than old enough to handle her little sister...I was staying home alone overnight at age 11 and 12! Of course...this was ten years ago and the times are slightly different now...but still.

^^^
    no, times are not any different now than they were 10 years ago.
    unless her kids are total monsters, the mother of these 3 kids sounds like she is insane for getting a baby-sitter for a 19 and 15 year-old.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Maybe she took the job title literally.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    no, times are not any different now than they were 10 years ago.
    unless her kids are total monsters, the mother of these 3 kids sounds like she is insane for getting a baby-sitter for a 19 and 15 year-old.
    ^Well in my little world they are...imo being a kid now as compared to ten years ago is much different.

i just don't buy into the whole 'the world is so much worse than it was before' crap. people have been saying that since the beginning of time, all because things are different than when they were growing up, whether it was in victorian times, the 1950s, the 80s, or waaaaay back in the 90s. most places are actually safer than they were 30 years ago yet people are convinced they are a hundred times worse.

^^YOu're absolutely right. There's always been crazy in large doses. But no, even when I grew up and people weren't worried about a molester lurking in every door there is no way my parents would have let me stay home overnight on my own when I was 15. I could stay alone while they went out for the evening but if they were staying somewhere for the night I was off to friends or something.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    ^^YOu're absolutely right. There's always been crazy in large doses. But no, even when I grew up and people weren't worried about a molester lurking in every door there is no way my parents would have let me stay home overnight on my own when I was 15. I could stay alone while they went out for the evening but if they were staying somewhere for the night I was off to friends or something.
    ^It's true that there's always been 'crazy'...I think I just feel this way because I came from a small town in Kansas with less than 1,000 people. Which obviously is different when you know everyone...ergo why I was allowed to stay home alone (even overnight) as young as 11/12. Shit we didn't even lock our doors.

I guess you could consider me sheltered.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i just don't buy into the whole 'the world is so much worse than it was before' crap. people have been saying that since the beginning of time, all because things are different than when they were growing up, whether it was in victorian times, the 1950s, the 80s, or waaaaay back in the 90s. most places are actually safer than they were 30 years ago yet people are convinced they are a hundred times worse.
    Hey now, lol I didn't mean to insinuate that the '90s was that long ago.

It just seems like it to me...but then again I have a tendency to be overly dramatic such as in thinking that I'm "old"...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information