Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fug American Apparel perv-mogul wants to fire ugly employees

Default Fug American Apparel perv-mogul wants to fire ugly employees

Irony overload: check out a pic of this asshole. I want to slowly and painfully pluck his smarmy, idiotic There Will Be Blood mustache.
    We Predict More Lawsuits in Dov Charney's Future - Dov Charney - Gawker

Here's a shocker: According to a tipster, American Apparel's pervy madman CEO, Dov Charney, is demanding the firing of employees he deems unattractive and thus detrimental to the "AA aesthetic," as he feels they may be hurting his bottom line. Here's the text of an email we received tonight from a pissed-off American Apparel store manager:
    Our company holds weekly conference calls that every store manager world/nation wide are required to tune into. We discuss sales, which stores need displays, which items are doing well, etc.
    Summer is supposed to be a great sales season for AA. Needless to say, with the state of the economy, sales haven't been going so well. Dov usually gets on the conference calls and talks to people, but one week, he went on a huge tirade and made stores that weren't doing well send in group photos. Why, you ask? He made store managers across the country take group photos of their employees so that he could personally judge people based on looks. He is tightening the AA 'aesthetic,' and anyone that he deems not good-looking enough to work there, is encouraged to be fired. This is blatant discrimination based on looks.
    Dov personally judged each person in group photos that were sent in, and if you weren't to his liking, then boy... watch out. The comments that he made were raging from childish ones to insulting ones. Managers that don't comply with these new standards are afraid of losing their jobs. Employees who aren't up to Dov's "look" and whose work ethic is "just ok" are being targeted and scrutinized and the minute they make small mistakes, they are being fired. But it's only because Dov wants to weed out the "ugly people." It's ironic that he would rather have gorgeous slackers who don't move the product [or lift a finger] working there than normal looking people who are really aren't that bad looking, but are A+ sellers and great at customer service. The real irony here is that he is no Marlon Brando, himself. He's asking for a class-action lawsuit and i hope that when it rains, it rains hard. Worst place to work, ever. This is happening at many stores across the country.
    Yep, this all sounds like par for the proverbial course for Dov Charney and American Apparel. Let the lawsuits begin!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Eh, retail companies have been doing this since time began, just less obviously. Ever see anyone really ugly working at Saks or Selfridges?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Eh, retail companies have been doing this since time began, just less obviously. Ever see anyone really ugly working at Saks or Selfridges?
    True, and it's like that for pretty much any industry with a public face. Doesn't make it right but looks are everything.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Isn't this illegal?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

He was in the news a while ago for being a douche.. for being a pervy asshole, I believe.

I read an article about this guy years ago. He REALLY takes the cake. I don't know how he hasn't had his ass sued off, and bankrupted his company, years ago. I'm not sure if I can think of another CEO who measures down to him.

^ Honestly, the fashion industry is full of assholes like this.

He's a typical sleazy garmento.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ Honestly, the fashion industry is full of assholes like this.

He's a typical sleazy garmento.
    I know you're the resident expert on this industry, Witchcurlgirl, but I hear that Dov Charney stands alone. Walks around work sometimes with just a sock on his unit. Buys vibes for his employees. I can't believe the poses that some of his models are in. Here's one:

Didn't the middle aged, tweaked and facepulled abercrombie owner do this as well
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah he's such a sick fuck. i dont even want to discuss this creep!

If he doesn't want ugly people working for the company, he should start by firing himself.
    rockchick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I know you're the resident expert on this industry, Witchcurlgirl, but I hear that Dov Charney stands alone. Walks around work sometimes with just a sock on his unit. Buys vibes for his employees.
    I wish he stood alone. I've had a boss who would bring in strippers for live sex shows behind closed office doors for male employee's birthdays. We once found a double headed dildo and the baby oil stained sheet the strippers left behind.

I have a friend that worked for another industry guy, he used to sit naked in his office hot tub and conduct staff meetings. He once threw an ashtray at an assistant's head. He was famous throughout the business.

Another friend was in Thailand on a business trip with her CEO, who attacked her in her hotel room. She had to flee, of course sued his ass off later, and then found he had been sued no less than 5 times before for the same shit.

I had a bi-polar boss who was off his meds at the time, and pulled his pants down in a meeting with many executives of a large retail chain.

Even Donna Karan used to like to sit in her office naked......

It's a crazy business, full of crazy people.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Sick.

Asshole. Maybe your clothes aren't selling because they are butt-ugly and cheap looking. The AA store where I live never has any customers. Apparently even college kids wouldn't be caught dead in this perv's shitty clothes.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I wish he stood alone. I've had a boss who would bring in strippers for live sex shows behind closed office doors for male employee's birthdays. We once found a double headed dildo and the baby oil stained sheet the strippers left behind.

I have a friend that worked for another industry guy, he used to sit naked in his office hot tub and conduct staff meetings. He once threw an ashtray at an assistant's head. He was famous throughout the business.

Another friend was in Thailand on a business trip with her CEO, who attacked her in her hotel room. She had to flee, of course sued his ass off later, and then found he had been sued no less than 5 times before for the same shit.

I had a bi-polar boss who was off his meds at the time, and pulled his pants down in a meeting with many executives of a large retail chain.

Even Donna Karan used to like to sit in her office naked......

It's a crazy business, full of crazy people.

More of this please! They're hilarious.

eta-I visited an AA shop that opened nearby. It's terribly expensive considering it's all just jersey fabric. And it's horribly made!

The guy looks like a dickhead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information