Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi This is a very strange rule

Bronze Member

Default Hi This is a very strange rule

Wow, someone is very concerned about things being done exactly right. Well, that's fine I suppose- I just wish that spelling and grammar were the focus of the perfectionism rather than proper postage. Anyway, helllloooooooooooooooooo!

it may seem strange but it keeps things organized and with the number of us around that helps!

welcome!
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

A*O

Welcome. What "rule" do you find strange? The one about making your thread titles unambiguous?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

AO kills me

Welcome to GR

Hit By Ban Bus!

It was easy really....I do hope you like this place...I am new here....I love it heaps.

hello

It annoys me, too, but it has to be done. This place would be a mess in no time. I sometimes rather not post new threads, because that freaking Alert Bot thing will spank me again. There's always something wrong.

Anyway, welcome!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Well to a point I do have to agree. I posted something yesterday and "forgot" to put the source and instead of just pm'ing or even posting my thread with a note to add the source, I got an infraction and the post that I worked on for 10 minutes was not even allowed to be posted. I find that to be extreme and I also find that it makes me not want to post new picture threads. It was new pictures of Tom Brady's love child too. I figured we could have a good discussion over that. lol

No, you didn't get an infraction, you got a warning. Or did you REALLY get an infraction???

And the thread disappeared alltogether?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Oh dear....I forgot....so thats why my thread was changed....but it was all true ,i saw it with my own eyes...or so my best friend told me...LOL

A big welcome...from a new boy on the block.

An Aussie boy

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    No, you didn't get an infraction, you got a warning. Or did you REALLY get an infraction???
    NO, I got an INFRACTION just because I didn't post the source.
    It's stupid. If that keeps up, over something so simple, people will just quit posting interesting stuff all together. I know I have. Shit, it's everytime you post a new thread, everytime. It's not school, it's a gossipboard, it shouldn't have to be PERFECT.

And YES, the thread was not posted, at all. I really worked for probably 10 minutes to get all the pictures posted on there and then it's just deleted all together. How rude.

Here's what I got:

Dear Sweetie,

You have received an infraction at Gossip Rocks Forum.

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=803789

Reason: no source
    -------
    Please give the source of pictures when staring a Latest Photo thread. Thank you!
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Gossip Rocks Forum

Okay, that's very extreme! I get warnings for doing things wrong, but an infraction? I got one for forgetting to write NSFW once.

I'm sorry, Sweetie! That's frustrating.

I don't understand why the thread disappears, though. Why not just correct it?
    -Bugdoll-

Hmm, I have no idea why the thread was deleted, I don't have mod abilities in the Photo forums. It could be that it just had to be deleted because we could get spanked for posting someone else's photos without sourcing them. I've seen the Photo mods actually hunt down sources for photos members have posted, though, maybe they just couldn't find it this time.

Shit, it's everytime you post a new thread, everytime. It's not school, it's a gossipboard, it shouldn't have to be PERFECT.
    Sweetie, what happens every time? You get an Alert Bot message that something's been changed? (No snarky tone at all, just wondering.) I end up changing a lot of thread titles to remove superfluous capitals (that's just a stylistic decision we decided to go with), but I've never sent a warning or infraction for it, I just change them as I see them for uniformity. Sometimes, things may be changed for spelling, capitalization, or to make the thread title more descriptive, but it doesn't mean the mods are mad at you for it. We just try to improve things that we notice. A lot of it is just preference.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Well, she got an infraction for forgetting the source. That is indeed extreme.
    -Bugdoll-

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information