Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent

I thought she was so great! Simply beautiful and so clear. I hope she goes far.

that little audition could probably net her some kind of CD deal, or at least a number offers for vocal work
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

As soon as I heard her, my jaw dropped and I had trouble picking it up... Just wow...
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    who gives a shit who started it?
    Someone gives a shit that they cared to comment about it, hence my comment back to them.

Silver Member

I watched this on Saturday and like everyone else, clearly judged her before she started singing. I thought she'd be one of the really bad ones made to look stupid but when she started singing my jaw hit the floor. She could have just sounded good, but she was more than that - she was unbelievably good.

A great lesson that 'you should never judge a book by it's cover'. Very inspirational. I hope she gets a contract and all she needs is a make-over.

Bronze Member

Serously though, why do these talent shows have people like Amanda Holden (crap actress) and Piers Morgan (former tabloid editor)deciding on who is talented when they don't have much talent themselves? It's like Cheryl Cole on the X-Factor, wtf is all that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    that little audition could probably net her some kind of CD deal, or at least a number offers for vocal work
    Yes I think there's just too many people that were awed by her that some record exec won't be thinking of dollar signs to strike while it's still hot.

And I was also annoyed at the statement that everyone was against her.

If anyone wanted a more explicit example of why looks are everything in the entertainment industry, you can't do better than this.

Fantastic voice, the choice of song gave me goosebumps.

I don't get it though, some people are carrying on like she is uglier than sin. She looks like any middle-aged housewife to me, she's not a bombshell by any means but I definitely would not call her ugly. In fact, I would say she was "cute" because she has a sassy personality. I don't think it would take much to make her look better as well, I think just cleaning up her eyebrows and taming her hair would make a world of difference. I like her a lot and would take her over a plethora of other singers out there, she has an absolutely gorgeous voice. When someone sings like that, I honestly don't care what they look like whatsoever.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I am in absolute awe of this woman's voice. If only someone could have heard this years ago, she'd already be a star. And I loved watching Simon's face as he watched her. Not very often do you see Simon blown away. There was actually joy in his expression as he listened to her beautiful voice. I hope great things happen for Susan, she is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

She should be able to do musical theater, they're mostly character actors anyway.

I'm such a sap, I got all weepy listening to her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The audience were apalling! How fucking rude

Huh?! The audience was totally into her and giving her a standing O.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Huh?! The audience was totally into her and giving her a standing O.
    When they panned the audience prior to her singing, they were making faces.

SVZ

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Fantastic voice, the choice of song gave me goosebumps.

I don't get it though, some people are carrying on like she is uglier than sin. She looks like any middle-aged housewife to me, she's not a bombshell by any means but I definitely would not call her ugly. In fact, I would say she was "cute" because she has a sassy personality. I don't think it would take much to make her look better as well, I think just cleaning up her eyebrows and taming her hair would make a world of difference. I like her a lot and would take her over a plethora of other singers out there, she has an absolutely gorgeous voice. When someone sings like that, I honestly don't care what they look like whatsoever.
    Perfect post. I got misty eyed watching her perform, and I too would take her over most of the singers we have today. I don't care if she gets a makeover or not, her voice is a gift that the whole world should have the chance to her. May she have a long and prosperous career. I hardly ever buy cds, but if she ever has one come out, I'll definitely stand in line to buy it.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information