Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Singers who can't sing

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I don't see Bob Dylan as a singer so much as a musician. To me there's a difference - Bob's an creator, not a creation, if that makes any sense
    I think you put it best of all those who comment about Dylan. True, he has such a weird voice - but, finally, that's part of his appeal. And so many people have had hits with his songs, some almost owe their careers to him.

Gold Member

I'd rather listen to a songwriter than a singer any day! Dylan's voice is so distinctive but you know the song is his and to me sounds richer than something covered by a top 40 favorite. Even listening to the country station this morning, Darius Rucker came on. Everybody loved Hootie and the Blowfish but I think they fizzled out after that first album, lol. I wouldn't say that he has the best voice in the world but he has that rich baritone that you know. I realized that I was tearing up over that sappy song of his and part of it was from his voice, the way he presented the words and the feeling that was behind them. There are lots of unknown singers out there who are genuinely talented, it's such a shame they're overshadowed by the packaged deals.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Rihanna and Keri Hilson. Solange too actually. Collbie Caillet(or whatever).I haveher voice, and I dont think its that good.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Silver Member

Jonas Brothers LOL!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    What kind of music do you like or listen to, Alysheba?
    If I said, most would laugh, so I will keep it to myself. But I will say primarily a type of instrumental which is mostly known by a particular group. Over the years my taste in music has changed drastically. This type of music is not heard on the radio, nor is it a well know genre. So it isn't the usual, rock, rap, CW, bluegrass, pop, or anything like that.

Gold Member

Lady GaGa can't sing but she's an excellent performer and self-promoter--sometimes, that's all that matters. Oh, and hard work doesn't hurt.

^Lady Gaga has some pipes! Have you heard her sing live? Her records don't even sound as good.

Speaking of who can't sing..
    TAYLOR FUCKING SWIFT. MY GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Life
    Jonas Brothers LOL!
    Amen! They suck. They suck. It's like someone went 'Oh here's three cute brothers, who cares that they have no talent, the tweens will eat them up'. And they have.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Oh she was terrible in the 'Bad' tour. Siedah Garrett wasn't available to do the duet 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' during that tour so Sheryl sang it.

[youtube]4Uy2A610trg[/youtube]
    That was hysterical! Not only was the singing bad, but I have got to have the name of the make-up artist and hair stylist back in those days! I cannot stop laughing As for Michael I almost lost my lunch looking at him.

Amen to that!

Gold Member

Why did Sheryl Crow use Dee Snyder as her makeup artist?!?
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

I didn't know who Taylor Swift or the Jonas Brothers were until I saw them each on S'N'L. My husband and I thought Taylor must have been some kid that won a contest or something. The girl can't sing at all. I was actually embarrassed for her.

As for the Jonas brothers, they are all sorts of horrible. I had to ask my son (14) who the hell they were and what age group was into them. He said they sucked and that 12 year olds would like them. I would have given 12 year olds more credit than that. None of those boys are cute either. In fact, they are really geeky looking.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

buck cherry singer.

Elite Member

Auto tune, everyone uses it. You can use it without having that Tpain effect, like Madonna or Britney do. 80% of these singers suck they are a marketing product, that's it.

maroon 5 lead singer
    brandon boyd
    fred durst
    buckcherrysinger
    jessica,ashlee simpson
    ton of folks

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I saw Taylor Swift on SNL and she was not awful. The girl can play a guitar and she can write music (not like Avril and others who 'cowrite'). I was able to get my little sister awesome tickets to see her at the rodeo this year and my little sister said it was the bests how she's been to... and I took that little shit to NIN with me.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I don't think any of her lyrics are mind blowing. She's not (or ever will be) in the same fucking league as NIN thats for damn sure! She can play a guitar, and write music... but i still don't think she can sing. She sounds fine on a recording, but she is awful live, can barely carry a tune. I guess we all hear different things.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information