Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Singers who can't sing

Hi! I'm New Here!

sometimes its not about singing though, I think for some its mostly about having your own sound, like Ozzy, and Mick Jagger, and the guy from the Smashing Pumpkins, none of those guys can sing, but people love their sound because its original!

^^ I saw the Chili Peppers live. I wasn't into it, but they weren't awful.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Like I said, it wasn't me who saw them. I'm just going by what I was told by a friend who'd seen them 3 times. I have to say, though, it has put me off ever going to see them in concert.

I don't care that much about the right technique. Sometimes I can't even tell if somebody is off-key unless it's completely obvious, because I don't know much about singing to be frank. There are some very talented singers out there of course, but I care more for the whole package including the lyrics and the atmosphere of the song, it is simply more important to me. I love people like Tom Waits, Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen and all three of them are probably not good at singing if we are talking strictly about technique.

However, I do mind singers with voices that grate on my nerves. James Blunt or the lead singer of Maroon Five really make my ears bleed, I find their voices completely unappealing. So I guess I pay more attention to the voices themselves than to singing in pitch and on key. I prefer the person with the appealing/alluring voice over the good singer whose voice does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Come on. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they can't sing. We're talking about people who really, really can NOT sing here, yet are famous for being singers. There are lots of mediocre singers, & Chad might be one of them, but he's certainly not BAD.

I don't like the way Chad sings. He is bad, in my opinion. So I was talking about a person who really can't sing, too.

I've seen Jessica Simpson live, before she stopped using her powerful voice and started doing everything in a breathy, whispery, baby voice, and she was actually really good. I wonder what has happened to her voice.

I love Taylor Swift, and while she's not the best singer, I think she's incredibly talented. IMO, she's more famous for her songwriting ability and guitar skills than her actual voice. She writes some really great songs.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    I don't like the way Chad sings. He is bad, in my opinion. So I was talking about a person who really can't sing, too.
    Pffftt. The songs he sings don't require a ton of talent or ability, just power and an interesting sound, both of which he is able to pull off easily. For the type of music he does, he's just fine. Plus, he's in a band that doesn't overly showcase him as the lead singer. He's just the guy in the band who sings the songs. Not a good example of a really bad singer.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

That's your opinion.

Ouch. Well I guess you told me, then!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Sherryll crowe sounds off key even on a polished CD. She's fucking awful. She's just some cougar wailing with a guitar.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ She really does sound bad. I don't get it - didn't she start out as a backup singer for some really big names (Michael Jackson even)? How can someone be a backup singer if they can't sing? Or did she just lose it somewhere along the line?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Oh she was terrible in the 'Bad' tour. Siedah Garrett wasn't available to do the duet 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' during that tour so Sheryl sang it.

[youtube]4Uy2A610trg[/youtube]

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Birmingham Alabama/Ameilia Island Florida

I've heard Taylor Swift rehearse with her band several times - and she can't sing a lick. It was embarrassing. Her band and lackeys keep her confidence up with constant praise but she's shit as a singer. I sat in amazement listening to her sing worse than my 9 year old and she had the tumerity to stop a song and tell the drummer to quiet down he was drowning her out. Ugh.

Music has come to a nasty place where computer autotune is the finished product. The so-called artist sings to a backing track to hide their lack of vocal talent and, worst of all, we've begun to accept it.

CD liners list Pro Tools autotune services deep in the fineprint. It should mandatorily be plastered in big RED LETTERS on the CD cover.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Oh she was terrible in the 'Bad' tour. Siedah Garrett wasn't available to do the duet 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' during that tour so Sheryl sang it.

[youtube]4Uy2A610trg[/youtube]
    I had no idea Sheryl Crow went on tour with MJ. Damn she sucked.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information