Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Question: What current band/show/concert would you kill to see?

Aw that's disappointing, I'd have thought she'd have been good live :/ Jane's only seem to come over here once in a blue moon, but I love them so much I wish they'd come back
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I have always really wanted to see Britney Spears. Britney was in her prime when I was in middle and high school, and I always wanted to go to a concert but could never make it work with my schedule. I've heard that she puts on a great show. The last time around, I had the chance to get tickets, but they were around $250 a piece once you factored in parking, fees, etc, the seats weren't that great, and I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to go (for that price) so I reluctantly passed.

I also want to go to a full Taylor Swift concert. I like her music. I've seen her at the Houston Rodeo, but the acoustics there are not great and they can't really do special effects, etc.

Also - Jimmy Buffet. I'd love to go to a Jimmy Buffet concert.

SB, are you perhaps nipping at some sherry? We have umpteen reviews and videos of Brit Brit in her current incarnation, it ain't entertainment and it ain't worth $2.50 (and I'm not one of her haters). But, ya can't go wrong with a good parrot-head evening, but those are for outdoor venues and in the summer.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    SB, are you perhaps nipping at some sherry? We have umpteen reviews and videos of Brit Brit in her current incarnation, it ain't entertainment and it ain't worth $2.50 (and I'm not one of her haters). But, ya can't go wrong with a good parrot-head evening, but those are for outdoor venues and in the summer.
    I'd heard that her recent tour wasn't as impressive, and I'd seen videos where she was basically just walking around the stage and occasionally making a half assed arm movement or hand gesture, barely even pretending to sing. That was another reason I decided not to go. I might have paid $250 for a Britney concert in her prime, but it was a lot easier to pass on when I thought about the quality of now vs then.

Blake and Miranda.
    greysfang likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I saw Britney in one of her last pre-Kfed concerts and the dancing was fantastic. She only sang two songs live and they were surprisingly good. The whole production was a bit like a live sex show though, she was doing Rihanna-type stuff, and a lot of parents were taking their kids out of the auditorium. It was a fun night all in all.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I love the STP and Jane suggestions. I would love to see Cher and Tina. Don't know if they ever tour any more, but OMG, it would be so awesome to see either. Also, I would love to say I saw Paul McCartney. I did see Ringo Starr and his all star band years ago. Todd Rundgren stole the show. It was fantastic.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Sprynkles - Saw Sonny & Cher once and Cher lots of times. I decided I don't need to see Cher in concert anymore because she doesn't move around or dance the way she used to. Too many of her acrobatic dancers and she wasn't changing the show much. She had one set that had a gigantic lava lamp.

Did you ever see this when she sings her hits and the dancers come out dressed in her Bob Mackie costumes?

Current? LOL. I only see my dinosaurs.

Kill to see? Don't have to kill - cause I got my tickets for April.

7th row!
    Claaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppptonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

That's some good stuff^ Thanks for posting. I totally had forgotten about that fortune teller song.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Saw them once back about 15 years ago, but AC/DC was the BOMB DOT COM. They completely rocked out for 2.5+ hours and it was literally the most fun concert ever. I'd kill to see them again.
    sprynkles and Rusalka like this.

I think my favorite show ever (of the big shows) was Tom Petty's Great Wide Open tour. It was just beyond awesome, and I even had horrible seats and there's was still a lot to see. Not to mention the sound was amazing.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I saw Cher about 12-ish years ago in San Diego. Gurl blew the fucking doors off! In 2013 all I wanna see is Depeche Mode. That is my one big regret, is not seeing them in the 80's and 90's.
    00Kimmi00 likes this.

Ha Greys, I was just gonna say Tom Petty. I love that man.
    I also want to see George Michael before he kicks off.
    And his purple majesty Prince.
    Fleetwood Mac
    Garbage
    Flaming Lips

Smaller venue people:
    Fiona Apple
    Old 97's

A friend of mine recently saw Pearl Jam and said they were awesome, Eddie's still got it. I think this last tour of theirs is doing really well, according to what I've heard.

DAP

Lady Gaga
    Kanye West
    Madonna
    Roger Waters
    Beyonce

Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    Lady Gaga
    Kanye West
    Madonna
    Roger Waters
    Beyonce
    I'm reading your list and thinking - which one does not belong? (Age wise, not music wise)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information