Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated music artists and bands

Anyone who says Led Zeppelin is overrated needs their head examined.

I agree with many on here like Madonna, Gaga, U2, Dave Matthews, etc. etc.

I could make a list but it would probably crash the website because it would be so damn long.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post

And a kick up the bot.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

DAP

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    There is nothing wrong with some of the bands mentioned. But I agree with The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett (all those crooners) Madonna, James Blunt, Morrissey and will add Ke$ha, Duffy, Eric Clapton, Electric Light Orchestra, The Who and I'm sure I'll think of some others.
    Oh no, we bout to fight now.

Pah. Gimmie Pink Floyd over Led Zeppelin anyday.

TI
    Drake
    B.o.B
    Mary J. Blige
    Black Eyed Peas
    Usher
    Akon
    Last edited by Tati; June 11th, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Frank Sinatra. There I said it!
    He's super ugly and I don't like his voice.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    Nickelback - these guys suck
    Awww Gonna have to admit to having "How You Remind Me" on my MP3 player. But I don't even pretend to have good musical taste; it's placed on a track list somewhere between "MmmmBop" (Hanson) and "Do the Bartman" (that Simpsons hit from the early '90s).

Eric Clapton.

Sure, he's a solid enough guitar player... even if everything since Derek and the Dominoes has been boooooring, but, inducted THREE TIMES into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? That is the very definition of "overrated".

And everything interesting about Derek and the Dominoes came from Duane Allman, in any event.

We're still going to have to fight about Iron Maiden and Led Zep. And now, the Ramones and Rush too.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Frank Sinatra. There I said it!
    He's super ugly and I don't like his voice.
    Completely agree. He was so over-rated as a singer. Dean Martin was so much more talented, with his wonderfully smooth voice.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    My son thinks that the actual Hootie lyric is "I only wanna be with Jews." We haven't broken it to him yet that it ain't it.
    OMG please tell me this isn't true
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    Oh no, we bout to fight now.

Pah. Gimmie Pink Floyd over Led Zeppelin anyday.
    I laughed outloud about ELO I Like Floyd in addition to Zep. Their early stuff like Careful With That Ax Eugene during the Barrett years were just mind boggleing.

I will also have to fight about Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan. Dylan turned the muic world on its ear. His lyrics - take into consideration it was the early/mid 60s when he started to get a name. Then he went and used an electric guitar. A folk musician using an electric guitar changed the face of music at the time. He may not translate today but, he has had one of the biggest impacts to modern music. Clapton revolutionized the way a guitarist interacted in a band. All of a sudden they were the second lead not just an ensemble player.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Taylor Swift
    My gosh, her lyrics are juvenile. She needs to grow up.

Lady Gaga
    First CD wasnt half bad. However her videos turned me off to her music entirely and now Im to the point where I avoid things with her in it. I see now shed rather be controversial than actually put out a good song and thats a shame. 'Judas' is a perfect example. Not to mention her personality is horrible.

Beyonce
    Many will disagree with me but I think shes overrated. Shes pretty, this is true. But she cant sing and she cant dance.

Jennifer Lopez
    Why must she insist on being in the spotlight? She cant sing! She hasnt danced well in quite some time! She surely cant act! Why wont she go away?

The Beatles
    OH, I WENT THERE! Seriously though, Ive listened to their music and like very few songs.

Elton John
    Ill admit he has skill but I cant name one song of his that I really like. Billy Joel, however, I could name a few.

Most Rappers
    Need I say that most rap these days is just plain terrible? Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Jay-Z, Fat Joe, the list goes on. Theres very few rappers that I think are any good. Tupac and Eminem. The rest? Cant say that I like them.

I think thats all but Im sure there are more. Truthfully I can barely listen to the radio anymore, music is just plain horrible these days.

Jennifer Lopez
    Why must she insist on being in the spotlight? She cant sing! She hasnt danced well in quite some time! She surely cant act! Why wont she go away?
    I find it ironic that she and Paula Abdul before her, would be selected to host a show where they judge people's vocal ability, when neither one of them would make it past the audition stage of AI.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

^ Isnt it ironic? Dont you think?

Speaking of black flies in your chardonnay. Alanis can't sing either.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I think she already did her best work. Now thats married and happy, her music is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    Eric Clapton.

Sure, he's a solid enough guitar player... even if everything since Derek and the Dominoes has been boooooring, but, inducted THREE TIMES into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? That is the very definition of "overrated".
    NO. NO. No SERIOUSLY?? ERIC CLAPTON IS OVERRATED????

OMG!!! *cannot breathe* WHAT? *clutches chest* Since Derek & the Domino's??? LAYLA??????????????????????????? I.....I...I don't care if you HATE that song---its a ground breaking song, come ON.

NO. No. He was a pioneer.

OVERRATED: Fucking any 80's/90's band that still isn't around WITH HITS. Not those jackoffs that are out touring because THEY CAN and they want to take your money. Excluding Duran Duran of course.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information