Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Misheard song lyrics

Eli

I have an hilarious one I just remember, I've had it since 2001 and I don't care to know the real lyrics because singing this cracks me up! :lol;

The Right Kind of Wrong - LeAnn Rimes

"I don't care if I'm into... CBN!!! Yeah!!"

For years and years I thought Manowar were racist and disliked everyone who listened to them. The reason, their song "Fast taker". I always heard that as "Fast n...r" and thought it was about chasing some black man. I don't know how I went from "taker" to "n....r" but it took a while to figure it out.

I didn't know that Guns 'n Roses had racist songs and listened to them all the time. I wonder how come all those Manowar fans I'd castigated over the years didn't set me right on that

Eli

You could have just written it. Because in the context you weren't directing it at anyone.

^ Eh, don't want to hurt people's feelings. We all know what it is. No need to write it.

But I'm glad we can say cunt.

CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT!!!!

Eli

Hi! I'm New Here!

I've been lurking on these boards for a looong time but never registered. Finally I did. My worst misheard song is the theme from Pete and Pete, "Hey Sandy." My brother and I only found out the real lyrics a couple days ago.

Real:
    Hey smilin' strange
    You're lookin' happily deranged
    Could you settle to shoot me?
    Or have you picked your target yet?

Hey Sandy...
    Don't you talk back

I heard:
    It's mighty strange
    You're looking at the leafy range
    You see this crap that's in me
    Or haven't you been the darkest yet

It's in me....
    Let your dog bite

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sappysue View Post
    You know the chorus of the song Eye of the Tiger?

I always thought it was its the eye of the tiger the thrill of the fight but apparently it is eye of the tiger the cream of the fight.

Did anyone else think that??
    Yes. I always thought the other part was "looking up to the talons of our rivals"

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    For years and years I thought Manowar were racist and disliked everyone who listened to them. The reason, their song "Fast taker". I always heard that as "Fast n...r" and thought it was about chasing some black man. I don't know how I went from "taker" to "n....r" but it took a while to figure it out.

I didn't know that Guns 'n Roses had racist songs and listened to them all the time. I wonder how come all those Manowar fans I'd castigated over the years didn't set me right on that
    Oh my god, I am calling the bass players brother Mark right now to tell him this...he is going to die laughing...........Mark's gay, and he always mocks all the Manowar metal stuff anyway, he'll love this

On the song lyrics topis, when I was a kid I thought the Roberta Flack song was " Killing me softly with his thumb"...

And my girlfriend always sang the Allman Bros 'Ramblin Man' as "Lord I was born in Memphis, Nash"....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Oh my god, I am calling the bass players brother Mark right now to tell him this...he is going to die laughing...........Mark's gay, and he always mocks all the Manowar metal stuff anyway, he'll love this

On the song lyrics topis, when I was a kid I thought the Roberta Flack song was " Killing me softly with his thumb"...

And my girlfriend always sang the Allman Bros 'Ramblin Man' as "Lord I was born in Memphis, Nash"....

Let me get this straight, you know the brother of their bass player? That is so cool!!! It sucks being in Greece, I never get to know anyone important I'm a huge Manowar fan now, they are so much fun!! Not totally intentional fun but they are so incredibly cheesy you have to love them!

Let me get this straight, you know the brother of their bass player? That is so cool!!! It sucks being in Greece, I never get to know anyone important I'm a huge Manowar fan now, they are so much fun!! Not totally intentional fun but they are so incredibly cheesy you have to love them!
    Yes, I'm friends with Mark DeMaio, Joey DeMaio's younger brother.

I met them through an old boyfriend years ago, got rid of BF but stayed friendly with Mark. He lives here in NYC, but is from way upstate NY, where the band still lives.

I always got a kick out of Manowar too, and they are in on the joke which makes it better. The posturing is funnier because they are aware.

I have a guy cousin that always tells this story about driving with me to JFK airport years ago with old BF to see his band off to Europe, and all of us hanging out with Manowar and BF's band at the airport bar for hours getting drunk. As he wasn't a rock fan, he thought they were all huge stars, and I had to tell him on the way home that both Manowar and BF's band were second rate- but huge in Europe- which is an old music industry joke we had learned from my dad as kids (my dad was in the business).

Mark is a talented painter, and a ton of fun. Here's a link to his art:
    Mark DeMaio's Joy Vessel - Welcome

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

They really are huge in Europe though Huge in Germany, in Scandinavia, in Greece and in most Eastern European countries. Russia in particular. In Greece was also have a tribute band on crack who call themselves the Kings of Feta.

I guess "Huge in Europe" or "Big in Japan" are typical industry jokes.

Thanks for the info on Joey's brother. Can't really tell much from the pic on the site but I think they look alike

They really are huge in Europe though Huge in Germany, in Scandinavia, in Greece and in most Eastern European countries. Russia in particular. In Greece was also have a tribute band on crack who call themselves the Kings of Feta.

I guess "Huge in Europe" or "Big in Japan" are typical industry jokes.

Thanks for the info on Joey's brother. Can't really tell much from the pic on the site but I think they look alike

They really do, but Mark is heavy.

You're right on the money with the Big in Japan

and the name Kings of Feta is funny.... I'll have to google them

She works hard for her mummy.

'I thought "Don't go on me" was "Dunk the wombat" '

lol random!!!
    Last edited by Tati; May 23rd, 2008 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    i thought id revive this thread with a misheard song lyric which my mum pointed out to me yesterday... she was listening to her Elvis Presley album while i was helping her clean the kitchen. I started singing along to Kentucky Road...

My version....
    Oh this lonely Kentucky Fried Goat

The correct version...
    On this lonely Kentucky backroad

wonder if Colonal Sanders ever considered putting Kentucky Fried Goat on the menu??

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Yes. I always thought the other part was "looking up to the talons of our rivals"
    You mean it's not?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information