Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson's music

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrPTDU40hO4[/YOUTUBE]

(Sorry, it won't embed, you need to click on it)

And let me tell you, it's very visually jarring when they play it back to back with Blood On The Dancefloor (thanks for freaking me out, MTV).
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I really loved MJ's You Are Not Alone song. I was going through some personal troubles at the time, and listening to this song comforted me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8rYl6K2STc[/youtube]
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Where from?
    Various torrent sites. Just googled for the album name and torrent. Pretty easy to find good versions right now.

MTV and VH1 are finally playing actual music videos again. Shame Michael had to die for that to happen.

His videos are all incredible, and I don't think he had one bad song. There's a top 50 videos on TV right now, and Off the Wall is on - I absolutely love that song. All his songs pretty much get me on my feet though - the beats were all awesome. And No one can dance like him. I'm just blown away. Watching this stuff actually makes me sadder about his death. It wasn't really having an impact on me before.He did so much, was so creative and inventive and love him or hate him, gave the world some of the greatest music ever.

It's a shame he went white. He was gorgeous when he was dark. It's also amazing to watch the video and see all those transformations. He may be a musical genius, but he's also going to go down in history as one of the weirdest people who ever lived.

Too right, no doubt MJ was a musical genius.

After watching MTV and Vh1 today, it confirmed that no one can match MJ's musical talent and creativity. All his songs were great, and videos were just so creative and joy to watch.

THe likes of Timberlake can never come close to MJ's talent.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    MTV and VH1 are finally playing actual music videos again. Shame Michael had to die for that to happen.

His videos are all incredible, and I don't think he had one bad song. There's a top 50 videos on TV right now, and Off the Wall is on - I absolutely love that song. All his songs pretty much get me on my feet though - the beats were all awesome. And No one can dance like him. I'm just blown away. Watching this stuff actually makes me sadder about his death. It wasn't really having an impact on me before.He did so much, was so creative and inventive and love him or hate him, gave the world some of the greatest music ever.

It's a shame he went white. He was gorgeous when he was dark. It's also amazing to watch the video and see all those transformations. He may be a musical genius, but he's also going to go down in history as one of the weirdest people who ever lived.
    Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Too right, no doubt MJ was a musical genius.

After watching MTV and Vh1 today, it confirmed that no one can match MJ's musical talent and creativity. All his songs were great, and videos were just so creative and joy to watch.

THe likes of Timberlake can never come close to MJ's talent.

Completely agree with both of you
    I was born a bitch..whats your excuse?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

If MJ hadn't turned into such a creepy freak and kept on with his music like usual, he would literally be the best selling artist of all time, with someone else being a waaayyyy distant second. Literally untouchable imo.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Records are made to be broken... Roger Marris and Mickey Mantle when they was on the verge of breaking Babe Ruth's record/ But, when they mention the people who broke it since, they still mention the person who set the record. U can sit here and pitch from third base and say, if the Babe was a drunk and a womanizer than he could've had an unbreakable record, as well.

Artistic people burn out, no matter what issues trouble their life. Music critics say by time MJ got to "Bad," it wasn't as good as "Off The Wall, and Thriller" And Invincible sales were ass.. Even though his music changed how we look and listen to music, the consumer/fan music taste changes as well.
    The person, like myself who was a fan as a child could still love his old stuff, but musical taste could be more eclectic to include Bonnie Rait, Staind, lil Wayne, Adele, Uncle Cracker, Nickle Back as well as Jay-Z, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles, B.B. King...amongst others...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I loved little Michael the best because I adore the Motown sound and he was just so darn precious and impressive to see, a little kid with so much talent pouring out of him. I've always had his Jackson 5 stuff on my ipod; I've used ABC and I Want You Back in my workout playlists. All that upbeat stuff with the motown sound, nothing ignited my excitement quite as much or so instantly. The later stuff from Off The Wall and Thriller too, but by then he was already an established talent.

I had a question, did he write his own songs? Like really, truly write his own songs as opposed to just sharing a credit due to input that may or may not have been significant? I know Berry Gordy must have had Motown's stable of songwriters write his Jackson 5 stuff, but what about Off The Wall and Thriller? I know Quincy Jones produced, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I loved little Michael the best because I adore the Motown sound and he was just so darn precious and impressive to see, a little kid with so much talent pouring out of him. I've always had his Jackson 5 stuff on my ipod; I've used ABC and I Want You Back in my workout playlists. All that upbeat stuff with the motown sound, nothing ignited my excitement quite as much or so instantly. The later stuff from Off The Wall and Thriller too, but by then he was already an established talent.

I had a question, did he write his own songs? Like really, truly write his own songs as opposed to just sharing a credit due to input that may or may not have been significant? I know Berry Gordy must have had Motown's stable of songwriters write his Jackson 5 stuff, but what about Off The Wall and Thriller? I know Quincy Jones produced, but that's it.
    As the jackson's he co-wrote songs with his brothers. Off The Wall, he wrote a few, Quincy wrote one(She's Out Of My Life), Rod Templeton wrote three, and other writers on that album included Stevie Wonder, and Sir Paul.
    Thriller, who title track was written by Rod Templeton, Jackson wrote, Wanna be Startin Somethin, Beat It, Billie Jean, and The Girl is Mine.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    If MJ hadn't turned into such a creepy freak and kept on with his music like usual, he would literally be the best selling artist of all time, with someone else being a waaayyyy distant second. Literally untouchable imo.

I completely agree. I can't even begin to wrap my head around his personal life and the creepy transformations but as a musician he is irreplaceable. If he didn't have the freak factor, he would have been absolutely extraordinary. People who don't like him always point to his appearance and child molestation allegations. No one can really deny his talent. So imagine if he didn't have all that other bullshit? He would have been HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    MJ may end up becoming the best-selling artist of all time, with the way his music is selling, and a new greatest hits album set for August. The Beatles & Elvis sold over a billion records, and a lot of that was a boost from the deaths of Lennon and Elvis. When MJ died he had sold about 750 million.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Remember The Time is still my favorite MJ video. I did watch that one last night.
    One of my favorite songs of his. Was the video made just for the video, or was it part of something else? I ask because it seems odd Eddie Murphy, Magic Johnson, etc. would be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    One of my favorite songs of his. Was the video made just for the video, or was it part of something else? I ask because it seems odd Eddie Murphy, Magic Johnson, etc. would be in it.
    As with some of his past songs, the music video for "Remember the Time" (directed by John Singleton) was an elaborate production and became one of his longest videos at over 9 minutes. Set in ancient Egypt, it featured groundbreaking visual effects and appearances by Eddie Murphy, Iman, and Magic Johnson along with a distinct physically complicated dance routine that became the centre piece of many other videos from the Dangerous album. It is his second on-screen kiss (the first being in "The Way You Make Me Feel") and is one of only a few videos where he is seen embraced in a kiss.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Thanks Diva! Yes I was surprised to see him kiss Iman, now that's acting! The dancing was fantastic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information