Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Last concert you've been to?

Well, looks like I won't be seeing Morrissey in a couple weeks. The show was postponed until March. His mom is ill

that sucks, kris.
    i was supposed to see the hilotrons last night but it got cancelled
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Did they reschedule?

Yeah, it sucks but my selfish family is happy . They're all in town for my daughters birthday and Thanksgiving that weekend, so they're glad I'm home.

ha! bastards.

no, they're not rescheduling, just refunding tickets. it wasn't even a tour, they were just playing a random show in new york. oh well.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This year, Duran Duran. Still love those old fuckers. I am waiting to jump on Depeche Mode tickets for the 2013 North American leg of the tour. I can't fucking wait!!!!
    gas_chick likes this.

Blondie played here last month with The Stranglers......bloody brilliant! The old girl still rocks & she sounded great.
    My train of thought derailed.......there were no survivors

I just bought tickets for,...wait for it,......Motley Crue!!!! Shocking,...huh?!? lol I am super stoked though....can't wait til July!!! It will be a great weekend,.....a big soccer tourney for my 2 youngest daughters at ISU for the Iowa Games, (they are 4 years apart in age, and this will only be the 2nd time they will ever play together on the same team..!!!!).......AND CRUE, too!!! Now I just need to find a designated driver to drive me back to the hotel after the concert, and that is 2 1/2 hours away from where we are all weekend for soccer. lol

Too excited to wait to post. Next Friday baby!

My first at age 13 was when I said to my friend - "I think they are smoking pot (the audience) Is that what it smells like? Yuck".

I think King Douche Mayer will be there too, it's the Crossroads festival, so it's chockablock guitarists.

Clapton is still hot as hell!

Not a concert but I saw Conan in tape in Atlanta on Monday. Love him!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm seeing Cut Copy and The National on June 7th and 8th. I'm so looking forward to both!

Toots and The Maytals last night. They were so good.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hot Chip last Tuesday. Second time I've seen them and they were just amazing. by the end i was covered in sweat and my ears were ringing and I could have just kept on dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    I'm seeing Cut Copy and The National on June 7th and 8th. I'm so looking forward to both!
    Have you seen either live before? They are both fantastic. You'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeythorn View Post
    This year, Duran Duran. Still love those old fuckers. I am waiting to jump on Depeche Mode tickets for the 2013 North American leg of the tour. I can't fucking wait!!!!
    Got my tickets for Depeche Mode Did you manage to buy tickets?

I saw Killing Joke last night. They were good except Jaz had a sore throat and his singing was affected by it. They only played for an hour because of it (they had a set list of 19 songs but many got cut out). Even then, I was thrilled. It was a small venue and I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Have you seen either live before? They are both fantastic. You'll love them.
    I haven't seen either before, which is why I am especially looking forward to both shows!

So this was my concert weekend and both shows were incredible. My husband, a friend, and I saw Cut Copy Friday night at 9:30 Club in DC. The show was sold out, but the venue only holds 1200 so seeing shows there is always a fairly intimate experience. We were in the very front on the left side, and we, along with everyone else in the area, danced the entire time. At the end of the show, Dan Whitford shook hands with everyone in the front, including us.

Then last night my husband and I saw The National at the National in Richmond, which is beautiful, small-ish venue (holds 1500). Since we're short, we opted for a fantastic spot in the very front of the elevated section next to one of the bars. They played for almost 2.5 hours and they sounded amazing. The highlight of the night was when Matt Berninger jumped down from the stage into the crowd during Mr. November. He kept getting farther away from the stage until he was literally right next to us as he made his way to the bar, all while continuing to sing. I took the opportunity to touch his upper back!
    sputnik likes this.

Thread Information