Login to remove the ads!
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Last concert you've been to?

I'm so jealous Penny. I've been in love with that man for years! Dying for a Zepplin reunion!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Salif Keita. He rocked the house and put everybody on their feet.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I'm so jealous Penny. I've been in love with that man for years! Dying for a Zepplin reunion!
    He played a few Led Zeppelin songs.. "Over The Hills and Far Away," "Tangerine," "Rock and Roll," "Gallows Pole," and "Houses of the Holy". I posted some photos in the Million Replies thread but I'll post them here, too. I was so close to him, it was just amazing.

Thank you! He still makes a pair of jeans look great!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hit By Ban Bus!

alison krauss at telluride last month.

Shinedown and Chevelle at our state fair last weekend. Great show!

Wow. Like, a Prince concert seven years ago...we had some great pot before we went too....Patti Labelle was a surprise guest. I had a good time, riding the subway and acting like a teenaged retard.

Going to J. Geils and The Rockets tonight. I'm not really interested in either, but I'm going with the cutest guy ever!

i despise metallica. simply cannot tolerate them.

tool sucks. i saw them last in '02 as part of ozzfest. maynard has a nice voice though.

last band i saw was das pop. we had nothing better to do and i kinda wanted to see bent (van looy - lead singer). he's pretty cool. anyway, they were awful. bit boring too. not the worst thing i have seen this season but pretty close. it made me once again realize that you can't play for an hour if you only have two good songs. the sound quality wasn't good either. and no drinks, that was probably the worst thing about it.

last classical concert i went to was a mischa maisky cello concerto. sjostakovitsj - celloconcerto #1. tsjaikovski - symphony #1, winter daydreams. he plays the cello in a very dynamic, intense and totally exuberant way. really loved his performance. the funniest thing of the night happened two minutes after he left the stage. someone came in and shouted in a really loud voice "the person who blocked the entrance by parking a jaguar in front of it, can you come and move it please so mischa can go home?" afterwards, we went to a thai restaurant and i had some delicious lychee wine.

hmm, this thread reminds me that i still need to buy tickets for yeasayer. will do that tomorrow. i also need to look up rachel grimes' music. i read that she and nils frahm are giving a concert in a ballroom in brussels somewhere in september. i've never been there and am curious to check it out.
    Last edited by calcifer; August 21st, 2010 at 11:08 PM.

czb

saw rufus wainwright a few nights ago. i love the guy, had amazing seats in a great theatre but was really disappointed in the show. the first HALF was a dirge for his mother that was synched with a disturbing visual display of EYES. really close up. yuck. the second half was normal rufus standards so was really good. but we left the show pretty depressed and it affected me the rest of the weekend.

I think the last concert I went to was Trans-Siberian orchestra over Thanksgiving last year (our annual holiday tradition), but Tuesday we're going to John Mellencamp/Bob Dylan. Very excited, though my daughter has no idea who Dylan is.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

we recently saw prez. brown & some local reggae bands. albino! is playing locally this weekend, but i'm going to miss it...so sad, because i'm realllly digging them a lot at the moment.

next up is the bridge school show in october. can't wait!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

czb

^^^ you scored tix to the bridge school?? lucky!

they're actually not on sale yet, but we always buy them as soon as ticket sales open on the first day, since they do go so quickly. plus, we go for lawn seats, which always last the longest (and so we can have a kick-ass picnic!).
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I saw a whole bunch of bands this summer, festival hopping.

My personal highlights:

The National

Beach House

Chapel Club

Beirut

Blood Red Shoes

Delphic

Mumford & Sons

Junip

Portugal. The Man

Fyfe Dangerfield

Micachu & The Shapes

David Ford

Yeasayer

Triggerfinger

Everything Everything

Detroit Social Club

(In that order)

There were also some I was really looking forward to, who sucked big time. Like I Blame Coco, Efterklang, Tallest Man On Earth, or Serena Maneesh. Cymbals Eat Guitars was boring, too.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Thread Information