Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Last concert you've been to?

Metallica: AWESOME.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Ah, I wanna see Metallica!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Bronze Member

I saw Billy Idol last (festival, but he was the last one to play). The old songs were solid, he's never been a huge singer to me, but he still sounds as when he was younger, which is good. He's also a really good live artist, makes a lot of contact with the audience and works the gig as if it was his last every time. He has a half old half new band behind him and they played really well, all of them too. On the minus, he had some new song and very obvious did not know the lyrics, but had to sing from a paper, that was only saved by his guitarrist who started to clap his hands over his head when everybody stared at Idol and his paper. Next time maybe one hour more of lyric rehersal will do the trick mr Idol... But in all it was more good than bad, despite the horrible weather.

^^^
    has he put on any weight?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Rammstein - third time this year - fucking awesome as usual *w*
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Saw Rockshow, Finding Clyde, Great White, and Tesla about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Outdoor concert. My husband and I took 4 nieces and 2 nephews (2-15yr olds, 1-12yr old, 1-11yr old, 1-10yr old, and 1-7yr old). Husband wanted to show them that "old people music" isn't that bad. He got VIP tickets and made sure we were right up front against the fence. Great White and Tesla were great to the kids. They kept interacting with them; making faces to make them laugh, acknowledging them a little bit. Tesla's guitar players made sure each of the kids got guitar picks, and the drummer gave each of the 4 youngest kids drumsticks. I was in awe of how great they were to the kids. The kids had a great time and found a new appreciation for 80's music, which made it even greater for me. As we were walking back to the vehicles, my youngest niece (7) said "I'm sorry I made fun of you for liking Tesla, I didn't know how awesome they were." That made me laugh. They all keep asking when we can see them in concert again. Definitely right up there as one of my most awesome concert experiences.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    has he put on any weight?
    Sputnik, I saw Billy Idol too last month and he looks pretty much the same. No weight gain at all and from a distance his face didn't look any different either. He had the same haircut, the same clothes and he was crazy energetic! He was going on and on about how great it was that he could smoke in the club he had been the previous night and how hangover he was because "We Greeks know how to party and know true freedom". It was a pleasant surprise how good the concert ended up being.

Actual last concert:

Sonisphere. Had to work so only caught Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica. It was great to see Slayer and particularly Megadeth since I hadn't seen them before and they were pretty good. Metallica were even better than the first time I saw them live and I just ADORE them. I'll definitely see them again if they come!

argh, I missed Rammstein. I was going to go but real life interfered in a major way. Good thing we hadn't bought tickets. From pictures and from what I hear from the people who saw them they were amazing live.

^^^
    lol i love old billy. glad to know he's looking the same but i was just bugging g-clef cause she's unhealthily obsessed with old rockers and their weight
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    lol i love old billy. glad to know he's looking the same but i was just bugging g-clef cause she's unhealthily obsessed with old rockers and their weight
    LOL! Went right over my head. I'm terrible with names.

Julio Iglesias, last night.

It was great. I lurve his singing.

Silver Member

LCD Soundsystem about six weeks ago, amazing.

^^^
    that's around when i saw them in montreal. you're in toronto, right?
    and yes, they were f-ing amazing!

Silver Member

I'm in London,ON but I saw them in Toronto at Koolhaus. That was such a great week for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalev View Post
    Metallica: AWESOME.
    I have tickets for November! So fucking excited

Last non-festival gig I went to was HIM @ the HiFi Bar in Melbourne, great show. Last festival was the day after, Soundwave, where I caught a ton of punk/metal bands - highlights were Eagles of Death Metal, HIM, Jane's Addiction (before they broke up... again!), Jimmy Eat World, Reel Big Fish (got my ticket signed by them, lovely guys!), Placebo. Unfortunately I had to choose between HIM and Faith No More - wanted to see FNM but they were closing at the same time as HIM, and latter are one of my favourite bands (even though they're a bit cheesy, and I saw their full gig the night before. I'm *that* kind of crazy fan!)

Robert Plant and the Band of Joy. I know you can either love him or hate him but I love him and the show was phenomenal. I had such an awesome time

Thread Information