Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grunge flashback in time

hahaha aaaaahhh the early 90s! my formative years, it all happened at the same time: the music, the doc martens, drugs... back then i was obnoxiously proto-emo and all about wearing black and being an 'artiste' and saving up money for cd's...
    as for the music, my faves were pearl jam and nirvana and hole and jane's addiction. not technically grunge but also loved the cure. and i also listened to the temple of the dog cd obsessively. NIN also.
    i never liked smashing pumpkins or the cranberries though, or stone temple pilots (rip off of pearl jam).

Quote Originally Posted by mklady View Post
    You forgot one!

oh my god, i loved that album! absolutely loved it. though this music snob's ashamed to admit i heard of the breeders before knowing who the pixies were.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

pfft STP was not a ripoff of Pearl Jam, hell they had been around longer. Pearl Jam is a ripoff of THEM!

that, and every album after Ten sucked ass. I remember listening to Vs. thinking it was an album of all the shitty songs for Ten that got rejected.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^whew! I thought I was the only person non-enthused by Pearl Jam's music. Sure, it take a lot of courage to sing all of your songs in monotone, but it sure doesn't take a whole lot of talent!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

This thread makes me want to watch Singles! I love that movie. Alice in Chains will be one of my favorite bands for all time...
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Don't forget 'Reality Bites' and 'Empire Records'

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    ^^whew! I thought I was the only person non-enthused by Pearl Jam's music. Sure, it take a lot of courage to sing all of your songs in monotone, but it sure doesn't take a whole lot of talent!
    LOL thats what i found so strange.. their first album was very layered, poetic, and had tons of emotion put in it.. after that the style changed and everything just felt like they rushed through it
    Last edited by Tati; November 26th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yes, Reality Bites..

The Tank Girl movie sucked, but the soundtrack had some decent 90's stuff on it.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Empire Records soundtrack was on constant rotation until my SO got a hold of it. Renee's best role to date.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Yes, Reality Bites..

The Tank Girl movie sucked, but the soundtrack had some decent 90's stuff on it.
    Tank Girl was just annoying. Hated the movie.
    Last edited by Tati; November 26th, 2007 at 08:43 PM.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Loved the comic though.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Don't forget 'Reality Bites' and 'Empire Records'
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!! I own 'em both. *blushes*

"This music is the glue of the world..."
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Gold Member

LOVED the Reality Bites soundtrack, I think I'm gonna go on a hunt for that...

I remember my dad having a fit one day as he was hanging the laundry out, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my clothes being "black, light black, grey or god damned plaid". We were poor, I made do with what I had. If that included some of my grandfather's leftovers, I can't help it.

Then 1996 came and I had to be professionally dressed for vo-tech. That's when the plaid skirts, stacked loafers and baby sweaters came into the wardrobe. Then Dad complained that I needed to stand up straight, my ass was hanging out and "why the hell can't you walk without sounding like an elephant".

The joys of being 17.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

I love Grunge that was definitely me, still kinda is, I still have all my docs I love them.... the music was fantastic. I still miss Kurt.. I loved Hole then... STP, Alice in Chains the whole Seattle thing.. One of my favorite movies is SINGLES with Bridget Fonda, Matt DIllon, Campbell Scott, Kyra Sedgewick.. LOVED IT!! And Chris Cornell was the shit!!! Pearl Jam, even the other softer side like Counting Crows.

Candlebox, the whole era whatever you want to call it the angst was captured .... there were a lot of good bands...
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Aw man, I LOVED tank girl. Lori Petty delivered those one liners so well! I have that Paul Westerburg version of "let's do it" on 3 different mixed CDs.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Don't forget:

and

break out your cardigans, ripped jeans and corduroy pants..

This thread totally inspired me to dig out all my old CD's, I've got Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails on repeat on my ipod at the moment. It's absolute bliss, makes my heart soar when I listen to Jane Says and Tonight Tonight. LOVE IT!!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information