Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The country music thread

Sugarland's first album was pretty decent
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I am also a metal head but, grew up on country and do like some stuff still...Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, The Dixie Chicks, The Wreckers, Keith Urban (he is such a great musician - so awesome in concert), Miranda Lambert, Allison Krauss (anything she does).

The song "Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks sends chills down my spine.

I am really digging all of the bluegrass inspired rock coming out now also...Mumford and Sons comes to mind.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    I am also a metal head but, grew up on country and do like some stuff still...Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, The Dixie Chicks, The Wreckers, Keith Urban (he is such a great musician - so awesome in concert), Miranda Lambert, Allison Krauss (anything she does).

The song "Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks sends chills down my spine.

I am really digging all of the bluegrass inspired rock coming out now also...Mumford and Sons comes to mind.
    Ooo, me too. I've always liked the Dixie Chicks and they were hella fun in concert - during the whole Toby Keith manufactured nonsense. I like Toby too, his earlier stuff.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Im telling you, TK's last album may be his best ever.

Not Ready to Make Nice is just epic. They definitely won the TK war with that song. Its one of my anthems.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Not Ready to Make Nice is just epic. They definitely won the TK war with that song. Its one of my anthems.
    The song just hits home for me. It can apply to a million and one different situations in my life. If I ever need a good cry, this song will usually do it.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

i love country music and have since i was a kid. I'm a BIG fan of Garth and Toby. Met Garth once, and Toby too (in meet and greets). i also met Joe Nichols. he's so freaking hot.

Of today's music i like Sugarland and The Band Perry.

George Jones is my all time fave though. He stopped loving her today is a classic.

I've traveled all over the west coast to see Toby, but i must say, i like his earlier stuff better. As a whole, i'm not thrilled with his new album. I've always wished he would sing slower songs more often
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

George Jones is my all time fave though. He stopped loving her today is a classic.

This will never be topped. Never.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That could be the saddest song ever.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I tear up during the intro.

Also in the newcomers I love David Nail and Chris Young, amazing voice on that kid. My favs from those two are Drinking Me Lonely, Red Light, and Let it Rain.

Elite Member

It's the old stuff for me plus a few from the 80s and 90s. But for me it is all about Dwight Yoakam. Great voice, great songwriting. Most of his music sounds like it could come from the 50s or today.

I love Steve Earle and Lucinda Williams too, but they fall more into alt-country in my eyes. And I wish to god the Dixie Chicks would write and record some new stuff. Each of their albums is just a gem.

another one I like is Billy Currington
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I like all the old shit too. I could live on nothing but George and Conway sometimes. I JUST (within a week or two) ordered me some Keith Whitley and Earl Thomas Conley... ETC singing Once in a Blue Moon makes me swoon like a girl and the both of them singing Brotherly Love makes me cry and laugh at the same time. I used to love me some Forrester Sisters.
    New country that I like... shit, that's tough. I like Zac Brown Band, Sugarland (the shit that they don't fucking play repeatedly like that Dear Mom and Dad shit and that "Stay" song), I love Toby, I love the Dixie Chicks (and I keep Not Ready to Make Nice on everything - even my computer at work). I don't consider Alan Jackson "new" and he's so loyal to the old shit that I love him. I like Darryl Worley's voice - hes got a song called "If I Could Tell the Truth" that REALLY takes you back to some of the older (truer) artists. Love the old Travis Tritt and Marty Stuart shit... Roseanne Cash, Dwight Yoakums old stuff, mmmmm Johnny Cash, David Allan Coe (but not all that crazy shit, the REAL music), Freddie Fender, Willie Nelson (a nod to Shedevil's mom for introducing me to the good stuff like Angel Flying too Close to the Ground)...
    David Allan Coe got me thinking about my favorite song of his, it was like a shout out to his dead musical hero... here are the lyrics:
    It was in the 1950s, and I was in the, uh, Boy's Industrial School, in Lancaster, Ohio. My favorite singer at the time was Johnny Ace.
    One night I came in from my work assignment, and the guard told me that Johnny Ace was dead.
    He'd taken a gun and killed himself,
    and on the table beside him they found a tape of a song that he had written moments before he died.
    I've always wanted to sing that song,
    but I was never able to. I think after all these years that I'd like to try to sing it for you, Johnny.

[Sung:]
    Forever my darling,
    Our love will be true.
    Always and forever,
    I'll love only you.
    Just promise me darling,
    Your love in return.
    Make this fire in my soul, dear,
    Forever burn.

My heart's at your command, dear,
    To keep, love, and to hold.
    Making you happy's my desire.
    Keeping you is my goal.
    I'll forever love you,
    The rest of my days.
    I'll never part from you,
    And your loving ways.

[Instrumental break featuring steel guitar.]

My heart's at your command, dear,
    To keep, love, and to hold.
    Making you happy's my desire.
    Loving you is my goal.
    I'll forever love you,
    The rest of my days.
    I'll never part from you,
    And your loving ways.

This is my last letter.
    End of song.
    My life is so miserable,
    I can't go on.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Love the Dixie Chicks and most of what plays on the top rotation on the local country station. I loved Trick Pony and was sad that they never topped their first album. Also like Montgomery Gentry.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Love the Dixie Chicks and most of what plays on the top rotation on the local country station. I loved Trick Pony and was sad that they never topped their first album. Also like Montgomery Gentry.
    Hell Yea
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Not a fan of country music now. I did however grow up listening to it since that's what my parents listened to. My mom took me to a fair share of concerts. Hank Williams jr, Roy Clark, and Johnny Cash come to mind first. I'm sure there were more.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information