Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight (Official Music Video)

Gold Member

I can't believe she took four years off and the best songs her team can come up with to release are "Not Myself Tonight" and "Woo Hoo." She's flopping because she's singing B-grade songs and showing no growth as an artist. It's hard to reconcile her pretentious "I'm such an artist" persona with the crap songs (lyrically) she's releasing.

She has no sense of self-awareness. She called her video for "Not Myself Tonight" "iconic and classic." The video is an unfocused mess. Her artistry seems to involve taking her clothes off and degrading herself as much as possible. Yawn, we've seen it all before, Christina.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I can't believe she took four years off and the best songs her team can come up with to release are "Not Myself Tonight" and "Woo Hoo." She's flopping because she's singing B-grade songs and showing no growth as an artist. It's hard to reconcile her pretentious "I'm such an artist" persona with the crap songs (lyrically) she's releasing.

She has no sense of self-awareness. She called her video for "Not Myself Tonight" "iconic and classic." The video is an unfocused mess. Her artistry seems to involve taking her clothes off and degrading herself as much as possible. Yawn, we've seen it all before, Christina.

thats not being released it, its just been leaked. i love Xtina and have been a fan of hers since genie days but i do agree that NMT isnt the greatest comeback single but the video did get everyone talking like Dirrty did. 'You lost me' and 'lift me up' are some great songs she has done for the new album and im hopin with people like Sia, MIA, Santigold, Goldfrapp we can hear some great music.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post

There's a song called Woo Hoo? lol Sounds like a song Keisha would release lol

I am beginning to believe that Christina isn't really an 'artist' who can write and create her own image. I think she just follows the latest trend, and continues to tell us she's unique because of her vocal abilities.

Everything has been done before. The next time someone new or 'original' comes out all we have to do is look at the past 25 or so years and find many examples of what the Music companies drag out of their closets. This is why I rarely listen to popular music. If I want to listen to a weirdo,I'll just dig up an old David Bowie or Euruthymics album.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Perilita View Post
    Personally, I don`t think a good singer is someone who can hit and hold the highest note. Or hit a certain note at all. It`s about conveying emotions and being pleasant to the ear. Can`t really say that about J. Hudson or Christina. At least, most of the time.

Now Leona`s voice is just like angelic sounds to my ears. Or Mariah`s, for example (in the past). She just sung so easily, without any strain.
    Oh, I don't know. At the risk of venturing off-topic, I get emotional when I listen to JHud; I was one giant goosebump during AITYING in Dreamgirls. Sometimes even Christina gives me tingles, I just don't think she has the muscle. In my opinion, Leona really needs to work on her lower register because I think she sounds really warbly. I think it just depends what kind of voice really moves you. In my case, it's that gospel-infused, take-no-prisoners, bazooka-like chops that Jennifer Hudson has that really sends into paroxysms of joy!

Anyways - the more I listen to NMT, the more I like it. I just hate the video.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    There's a song called Woo Hoo? lol Sounds like a song Keisha would release lol
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiEAy1LoOTk[/youtube]
    Yes there is, and let me be the first to say that 'Woo Hoo' is just painful.

Im a huge fan of J Hud and Leona Lewis. I didnt like J Huds CD though, it reminded me of Jordin Sparks debut. For some reason they dont put the good singers in the genre where they belong anymore, they make them chock out crap. Leona Lewis does fairly decent CDs from what Ive seen, but Christina has just joined the trend of crappy CDs. No wait, shes been there for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Leona Lewis does fairly decent CDs from what Ive seen, but Christina has just joined the trend of crappy CDs. No wait, shes been there for awhile.
    Leona's new CD Echo is pretty fantastic IMO, and that's coming from someone who - like I said - is a marginal fan at best.

I feel like Christina reinvents herself but she always has an agenda, she's always trying to tap into a genre or movement that's particularly relevant at the time. She started out as the blonde starlet to coincide with the late 90's powerpop explosion, she went urban and nasty with Dirrty and Stripped so that she could tap into that urban market, she was tolerable w/ Back to Basics but now she's trying to be edgy and provocative so she can keep up with Gaga, Madonna, etc. Does anyone remember how she looked *exactly* like Just Dance Gaga when she came out with Keeps Gettin' Better? I actually loved that song too but, again, it was soiled by Christina's unrelenting attempts to rip-off established, successful artists.

Again, all my opinion! Not trying to stir up trouble.

Thanks for the link NVash.
    Omg - woohoo is so bad, it's a song I expect a new singer like Keisha to release. Even Britney's last cd had better songs than Woohoo.

I don't get how Christina went from a Jazz cd to this now...Is Christina even singing in this song? All I hear is the back up singers??

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Leona's new CD Echo is pretty fantastic IMO, and that's coming from someone who - like I said - is a marginal fan at best.

I feel like Christina reinvents herself but she always has an agenda, she's always trying to tap into a genre or movement that's particularly relevant at the time. She started out as the blonde starlet to coincide with the late 90's powerpop explosion, she went urban and nasty with Dirrty and Stripped so that she could tap into that urban market, she was tolerable w/ Back to Basics but now she's trying to be edgy and provocative so she can keep up with Gaga, Madonna, etc. Does anyone remember how she looked *exactly* like Just Dance Gaga when she came out with Keeps Gettin' Better? I actually loved that song too but, again, it was soiled by Christina's unrelenting attempts to rip-off established, successful artists.

Again, all my opinion! Not trying to stir up trouble.
    I actually bought back to basics a few years ago, and listened to it 3 times and gave the cd away. I couldnt deal with her over singing..
    Last edited by Tati; May 28th, 2010 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Thats a great comparison bychance, but did you see the pics earlier from her vid? Where they compared it to the Bad Romance vid? I wont argue that Gaga may have stolen her style but theres two problems here.

1) Christina needs to give up her 'dirrrty' image. Seriously.
    2) Christina has been gone for years, came back, and straight up stole Gaga's vid.

Just as you have the comparisons to how Gaga copied her, the same was put earlier for her copying Gaga. The fact that she's copying from anyone disgusts me, shes better than that. Woman needs to just sing and give this image mess up.
    Christina's last album was in 2006. Stripped was in 2002. Christina hasn't been 'dirrty' in awhile.

I sit corrected. But she has been talking about nothing but how sexual she is and she needs to just give it up already.

Bump. Xtina sucks.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^troll!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Not here, but at the Xtina fan board, yes.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

ZOMG! Ur all jist h8rs! Xtina izz da bomb baybee. Ur jist jellus cuz ur voicez r as flatt as ur azzez bytchez!

(and other fantard type ramblings... )
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

That was fucking hilarious, Kitty.
    -Bugdoll-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information