Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight (Official Music Video)

Well at least the trash can sing, can't say the same for most of these singers. I don't know why she chooses...to go..um..this route.

wow some of you guys make me laugh, there are plenty of caps out there to show gaga ripping off christina and others. the caps someone posted is done by perez who has his face up gaga's backside.

as for the madonna comparisions, this video isnt a rip off its obviously a homage to Madonna, she even has a song on her new album as a tribute to madonna

whatever people think of the video it has people talking bout her again, everyone said the same stuff bout dirtty how she looks cheap and trashy and stripped ended up being her best seller. i really dont think this new image is what the whole album is about but she needed to come back with a big thing and she did.

im just posting this to prove how easy it is to make comparisons when looking for the smallest things.

thank you! sick of hearing about how she ripped off lady gaga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    I've always thought this bitch was soooo overrated. People act like she's the second coming of Christ and her voice isn't even that amazing. People like Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, even Leona Lewis blow her out of the water vocally IMO. And this just reeks of desperation.
    i like most of those girls voices, but Xtinas voice and her vocal ability are just a whole different level. she is the only one of the new generation female singers to be named on rolling stones greatest singers of all time, and she is the only person under 30 so i think that goes to show how great her voice is.

Elite Member

She has an amazing voice. Just wish she made some amazing music. It has been a decade since I've enjoyed any of her songs. Such a waste of talent.

I also think she happens to be one of those people who, the more she tries to be sexy, the less sexy she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkii View Post
    i like most of those girls voices, but Xtinas voice and her vocal ability are just a whole different level. she is the only one of the new generation female singers to be named on rolling stones greatest singers of all time, and she is the only person under 30 so i think that goes to show how great her voice is.
    Yeah I agree. All those other girls can sing but they don't have the wide range like Christina... Maybe Leona Lewis does.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    She has an amazing voice. Just wish she made some amazing music. It has been a decade since I've enjoyed any of her songs. Such a waste of talent.

I also think she happens to be one of those people who, the more she tries to be sexy, the less sexy she is.
    Yeah she should just sing instead of trying to be all "edgy/sexy." She just looks trashy and desperate and that's what ppl focus on instead of her voice. That said, her new song is ok and the video was just ok as well. I was hoping for something better.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

She has a great voice but this video is awful. I feel as if my eyes are bleeding.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Awful video. Ripping off old Madonna videos, come on. Who does that? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    She makes me sick. Already Gaga has gotten on my nerves, and Christina has been pushing me with all her sex talk and her 'Naked Sundays'. Now her coming back stealing Gagas style makes me not want to buy her next CD at all.
    Gaga's style? Really?

I remember a few years ago during her 'dirty days' the media compared Christina's outfit with Cher's crazy costumers.

Thats a great comparison bychance, but did you see the pics earlier from her vid? Where they compared it to the Bad Romance vid? I wont argue that Gaga may have stolen her style but theres two problems here.

1) Christina needs to give up her 'dirrrty' image. Seriously.
    2) Christina has been gone for years, came back, and straight up stole Gaga's vid.

Just as you have the comparisons to how Gaga copied her, the same was put earlier for her copying Gaga. The fact that she's copying from anyone disgusts me, shes better than that. Woman needs to just sing and give this image mess up.

I like her Stripped album, but not this new song

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkii View Post
    That's fine and all, but since when is Rolling Stone the deciding factor on who does or doesn't have a good voice? It's certainly an accomplishment to have made that list at such a meager age, but I absolutely do not think she can hold a candle to any of the ladies listed earlier (Clarkson, Hudson, Lewis, etc.). I think she can holler, but I have yet to find a live performance where she truly marvels, or holds a note longer than five seconds without losing her vibrato or resorting to cheap vocal gymnastics to cover the fact that she lacks vocal support. I think a lot of her appeal was good marketing and positioning as the vocal dynamo to compliment Britney Spears' polished performer when they both came out in the late 90's. Hudson alone hits (and holds) notes that - IMO - Aguilera could only dream of hitting.

But to each their own! If her music brings you joy then that's all that matters.

For me, during the 90s Britney was the better performer and more interesting than Christina. I think Christina tried her best to be that type of performer although she didnt have the best dancing ability.

Do we remember when Madonna, Britney and Christina performed together?
    All the attention went towards Madonna and Britney.

YouTube - Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight (Live On Oprah) 2010 come back

After seeing her live performance on Oprah - I see it's more Madonna like than Gaga.
    Re: Express Yourself comments

I wonder what Madonna thinks of this
    Last edited by arie_skop; May 10th, 2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added clip

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    In the older days I always considered Britney the dancer / performer and Christina the singer. Dont know where Jessica Simpson would come in there.
    Jessica S. can neither sing nor dance. She does have a big voice, but she just cannot use it to save her life.

Christina annoys the hell out of me, especially after her "coughing incident".

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    That's fine and all, but since when is Rolling Stone the deciding factor on who does or doesn't have a good voice? It's certainly an accomplishment to have made that list at such a meager age, but I absolutely do not think she can hold a candle to any of the ladies listed earlier (Clarkson, Hudson, Lewis, etc.). I think she can holler, but I have yet to find a live performance where she truly marvels, or holds a note longer than five seconds without losing her vibrato or resorting to cheap vocal gymnastics to cover the fact that she lacks vocal support. I think a lot of her appeal was good marketing and positioning as the vocal dynamo to compliment Britney Spears' polished performer when they both came out in the late 90's. Hudson alone hits (and holds) notes that - IMO - Aguilera could only dream of hitting.

But to each their own! If her music brings you joy then that's all that matters.

Yeah, to each their own. Personally, I don`t think a good singer is someone who can hit and hold the highest note. Or hit a certain note at all. It`s about conveying emotions and being pleasant to the ear. Can`t really say that about J. Hudson or Christina. At least, most of the time.

Now Leona`s voice is just like angelic sounds to my ears. Or Mariah`s, for example (in the past). She just sung so easily, without any strain.
    Last edited by Tati; May 28th, 2010 at 04:39 PM.

I'll add Celine Dion to that list, I used to love her voice - so emotional and pure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information