Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears' "Blackout" - reaction thread

:-|

I downloaded the whole album leak, and I got to say... there are more songs I like than I dislike.

Hot as ice
    Radar
    Piece of me
    Toy soldier
    Freakshow
    and Break the ice are going on my ipod.

But I totally agree about it getting annoying, the thumping, chiming and high vocals actually did give me a headache.
    ssabmud

Silver Member

Oh come on everyone face it, with all the crap she did and her awful behavior she is still talked about and POPULAR.
    Nobody can replace Brit. And this album look good.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

blackout is a great party album. Good to see that she can at least still cut it in the studio.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    :-|

I downloaded the whole album leak, and I got to say... there are more songs I like than I dislike.

Break the ice are going on my ipod.

But I totally agree about it getting annoying, the thumping, chiming and high vocals actually did give me a headache.
    It sounds a lot like Britney doing the 'Ray of Light' syntho thing that Madonna did
    Last edited by Pilaf; October 26th, 2007 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CecaFan4Eva View Post
    Oh come on everyone face it, with all the crap she did and her awful behavior she is still talked about and POPULAR.
    LOL!
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

She looks like the Jacksons circa 1980s. More like LaToya but still a hint of flavor of the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CecaFan4Eva View Post
    a potted FERN could replace brit if you glued tits on it and put it on stage.

It would be about as lifelike and talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Ono View Post
    blackout is a great party album. Good to see that she can at least still cut it in the studio.
    Yeah, all it takes is a few computers to modulate her voice to unrecognizability.

Let's see her ass actually SING on stage. She can't.
    Last edited by Tati; October 26th, 2007 at 11:52 AM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I am at a loss for words. But I'll try anway. Are we all listening to the same album? Cause the shit I'm hearing is annoying, over-processed, over-synthesized drivel.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    I am at a loss for words. But I'll try anway. Are we all listening to the same album? Cause the shit I'm hearing is annoying, over-processed, over-synthesized drivel.
    lmao She's got about 3-4 singles max...someone already made a good fan video for 'Piece of Me' YouTube - NO OFFICIAL VIDEO PIECE OF ME BRITNEY SPEARS

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, all it takes is a few computers to modulate her voice to unrecognizability.

Let's see her ass actually SING on stage. She can't.
    You beat me to it. Everyone should be applauding the producers and sound dudes for having an album someone wants to listen to. Britters probably contributed 5%.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I was going to say as well that she didn't cut shit in the studio.

I haven't heard anything except for "Gimme gimme more" and I love that song. LOL. I'll admit it. If I hear it on the radio, that song is stuck in my head all day long!

I'm not going to listen to the new "album", if that's what you could call it... I have my impression from Gimmie More, and by listening to the entire album, I can expect more of the same... Crap. So no Blackout's for me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    You beat me to it. Everyone should be applauding the producers and sound dudes for having an album someone wants to listen to. Britters probably contributed 5%.
    Britney barely there at all on new album while hired guns take over

In a year full of strange Britney Spears stories, this may be the strangest news of all: Her new album, “Blackout” (Jive), isn’t bad.
    It’s wired for the clubs, an up-tempo collection of minimalist electro beats that’ll sound great pumping through big speakers on a dance floor. Its stars are the producers, particularly Timbaland protege Danja, and the Swedish duo of Bloodshy and Avant. As for Spears herself, she becomes cyber-Britney, her voice processed, manipulated and distorted until it’s barely recognizable.
    It is a Britney Spears album in name only, the tracks so devoid of personality that anybody could’ve sung on them. But her name counts for a lot — a few million sales, for starters.
    Like R. Kelly, the 25-year-old self-marketing machine demonstrates that bad publicity needn’t be a career-killer. On the contrary, it ratchets up public attention, and makes even the disinterested crane their necks for a closer look to see if that train wreck is really as bad as they’ve been reading about.
    For Spears, there have been plenty of train wrecks lately. There was the instant Vegas marriage that lasted 55 hours, the shaved-head incident, the numerous stints in rehab, embarrassing revelations about her second marriage, the videotape of her questionable parenting skills, and the loss of her children in a custody battle in part due to her drug and alcohol abuse.
    Most notoriously of all, there was her performance two months ago at the nationally televised MTV Video Music Awards. Spears looked out of shape, out of sync and just plain out of it in the worst way. Everybody already knew she wasn’t much of singer, but this time she couldn’t even dance. Was she on drugs? Hung over? Depressed over her recent divorce and custody battle over her two toddler sons?
    “Oh, the Horror!” Entertainment Weekly proclaimed in a cover story after the MTV debacle. Spears’ meltdown turned into an international news story, and a publicity windfall. It was par for a career that has already been among the most chronicled in pop history. Next to Madonna and Michael Jackson, there isn’t an entertainer who has been covered more frequently than Spears in the last decade. A Google search turns up nearly 40 million hits, 10 million more than Radiohead, 32 million more than Christina Aguilera, Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake, 35 million more than Bruce Springsteen.
    Her record sales for four previous albums have topped 83 million units, her tours have pulled in $145 million, and she’s made $45 million in merchandise. A successful series of perfumes, the latest of which was released in September, has netted her tens of millions.
    “Blackout” is her first album in four years, but it’s off to a good start on the charts. Already, “Gimme More,” the first single from “Blackout” is a huge hit. It ranks as the No. 1 download and video at iTunes, and is No. 6 on the Billboard singles chart.
    Like all Spears albums, “Blackout” is essentially a studio construct, the work of a half-dozen producers and 23 songwriters hired to make their meal ticket sound good. And they do their job very well; “Blackout” is by far the most musically accomplished of Spears’ five studio albums, a thoroughly danceable collection light on the vapid ballads that weighed down previous Britney extravaganzas.
    It’s also short on something else: star power. In the past, Spears at least gave a half-hearted impression that she was participating in her own career. She shared a dozen writing credits on her previous two albums, but this time she could barely be bothered. She contributes to only two songs. An army of pros came up with the hooks, lyrics and production on the 13 tracks, and plugged Spears in almost as an afterthought: “Oh, yeah, we need a singer. You — the blond with the glazed look in your eyes — get in the vocal booth.”
    Her distorted, breathy voice is folded into the mix like another instrument, instructed to say vaguely naughty things. Spears does her breathy seductress routine, in an album full of PG-rated come-ons. By the standards of R. Kelly, Janet Jackson, Eminem, 50 Cent and other contemporary hitmakers, she proffers fairly tame bedroom fluff.
    That’s because the songs are more about celebrity; the seductress revels in the idea of being watched, not the sex itself. “They wanna look, we can give ‘em an encore … we can give ‘em a peep show … make them clap when we perform,” Spears purrs on “Freakshow.”
    In “Piece of Me,” the chorus describes life as a tabloid princess: “I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous/I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless/I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in/I’m Mrs. she’s too big now, she’s too thin.”
    The lyrics are meant to be autobiographical (“I’m Miss American Dream since I was 17”) and the tone is defiant. But it’s simply hilarious. Here’s a pop singer complaining that she’s been turned into a product. “You want a piece of me?” she hisses at those mean media jackals. But where would she be without them?

Turn It Up - A guided tour through the worlds of pop, rock and rap | Chicago Tribune | Blog

When I pick up this CD, I will grab NSYNC and New Kids on the Block too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information