Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adele '25'

To me Adele is like Aguilera, they have powerful voices and neither of them do a thing for me.
    sputnik and HWBL like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I like Adele, but she doesn't move me much. She's just pleasant background noise for me usually. I really like her voice, so I have some hope that this album will resonate with me more, especially now that she's hit a stage in life I can relate to. We will see.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I just listened to it. Its pretty, but yeah, I'm not really feeling it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    Adele - Hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHsXMglC9A

AdeleVEVO

Published on Oct 22, 2015
    ‘Hello' is taken from the new album, 25, out November 20. Adele

Geez... I absolutely loved this. And, she's so beautiful in this video.

I don't get why there is any comparison to Amy Winehouse. Personally, I thought Winehouse was way over-rated. Adele may not have the notoriety Winehouse did, but maybe if Adele became an anorexic , drug addict in filthy ballet slippers with gnarly teeth, she'd be just as famous as Amy was.
    Nevan likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have to admit, it's a beautiful song & same ol same old....But I have a feeling her second single,will be the hit track...that's better promotion...
    p.s I couldn't take the clip seriously..though she does look breathtaking in parts, Her eyes and bone structure are amazing for a heavyweight person..and I don't mean that offensively.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Geez... I absolutely loved this. And, she's so beautiful in this video.

I don't get why there is any comparison to Amy Winehouse. Personally, I thought Winehouse was way over-rated. Adele may not have the notoriety Winehouse did, but maybe if Adele became an anorexic , drug addict in filthy ballet slippers with gnarly teeth, she'd be just as famous as Amy was.
    oh nu uh she DIDNT!! How very dare you GO there..the comparison comes mostly because if you listened to 21,you'd hear in tonality and even rhythmically the way she borrowed/stole from the wino! (But originality is stolen from everyone)
    P.p.s I'd truly love to see Adele go reckless as described...I'll buy the ballet flats.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm sure almost everyone has heard about Adele's new album and heard the 30-sec clip that was released. So are you excited? I really wasn't until I read this blurb from Adele.

Okay, so this girl is 20 years younger than me, but I very vividly remember this point in my life. I was just thinking abut it the other day, the time I really first felt like a grownup. Now I'm very excited to hear what she has to say.

I still feel like she's a discount substitute for Amy Winehouse, but she can change my mind maybe.
    I must say her Facebook entry touched me more than her songs do. There's a foghorn quality to her way of singing that becomes annoying quite quickly. That said, I watched her Hello video and it's okay, though similar to her other stuff, so in that respect not worth the hype. She does have a very photogenic face, but I had to laugh at the fake eyelashes and perfect make-up amidst the trees and falling leaves, but that's just me. I do like the fact that she keeps the focus on the song and music in her vids. Some may say it's because she's a plus sized girl, but that doesn't stop thunder thighs Beyonce or MooMoo Carey from showing way too much of their flesh.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    sputnik, witchcurlgirl and effie2 like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Boring song.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    To me Adele is like Aguilera, they have powerful voices and neither of them do a thing for me.
    Exactly. Great voices I guess but I don't like their delivery and I think their music sucks. Mediocre songs and just so generic sounding. Pass.
    effie2 and faithanne like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Bronze Member

I survived her annoying screaming in Someone like you so I am sure her newest song will keep me alive too.

It's amazing how people seem to 'wait' for a true singer making a comeback like this. I mean she deserves this but not many artists get away with the same songs and same lyrics like she releases.

I like Adele's arrangements and they way she does her phrasing. I love her cover of Bob Dylan's Make You Feel My Love. It's tough on fans who have to wait years for new music. I remember waiting for Bruce Springsteen's album after Born to Run which was three years, we sat on the floor pouring over each lyric, listening carefully to each song over and over and over. I think the waiting creates a lot of hype too. The fan is so hungry for the artist and then I wonder if it's the hype or it's really good or it just makes the fans so happy.

Kids used to say Ewww, you like that song???? They probably still do. Music is a very personal and sometimes emotional thing. I rarely care about lyrics, it's the way the music makes me feel. Never one to like songs about breakups and how you broke my heart. Too chicky, too Carly Simon. I find this particular song flat and uninteresting. I prefer melody. The kid in the video looks like he should be in a totally different video. I find her face so compelling and beautiful. She should be an actress who sings like Streisand. I bet she'd do great.
    greysfang likes this.

From what I read about her, I like Adele as a person, I even like one of her songes "Chasing Pavements" but since then, nothing of substance has been added to her work imho. Her success just showcases how rare musical talent is nowadays. She has no rival.
    I miss Amy!
    effie2 and czb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I heard Hello on the radio this morning. It sounds like every other Adele song. I thought the lyrics and phrasing sucked too.
    I loved some of the songs on 21 but I am not crazy about Hello either, a bit of a bore. I do think she has an amazing voice, i also love Amy's songs.

I just don't 'get' Adele. Yeah she can sing well and is a good songwriter...but meh. Doesn't do anything for me.

Kudos to her though. Her sales are crazy.
    effie2, czb and Beeyotch like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information