Thread: 20 of the hottest album covers from the 1980s (some NSFW)

Default 20 of the hottest album covers from the 1980s (some NSFW)

I don't agree with all of them, but here they are:

FOXNews.com - 20 of the Hottest Album Covers From the 1980s - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Poison's frontman Bret Michaels was in the Foxnews.com newsroom the other day for an appearance on our live streaming show Strategy Room.

Which got us thinking about the good old days, otherwise known as the
    1980s.

When hair metal bands like Poison vied with British pop groups like Duran Duran for the tops of the album charts.

When Simon LeBon and Bret Michaels were kings.

Here's the other thing - Bret and Simon were selling vinyl albums in those days, not CDs, much less MP3s. A good album cover could make or break a record.

Which got us thinking about some of the hottest covers of the 1980s. So we picked out 20 of them.

Which one's are your favorites?

Two Live Crew: As Nasty As They Wanna Be (1989). Strangely enough, censors were more disturbed by the lyrics than the butts.

Madonna: Like a Virgin (1984). Madonna made sure her chastity belt was on nice and tight for the cover of her second album, ironically dedicated to "all the virgins of the world." Irony is hot.

Beastie Boys: Licensed To Ill (1986). Hold this album up to a mirror and you'll get a lovely surprise (the letters of the plane spell out the words 'Eat Me'). Clever!

Billy Idol: Rebel Yell (1983). The success of Billy's second LP skyrocketed this punk rocker to idol status in the 80's.

Jane's Addiction: Nothing Shocking (1988). If you wanna get noticed, do something shocking. For Jane's Addiction, a pair of nude female Siamese twins with their heads on fire (hot) did the trick.

The Scorpions: Love At First Sting (1984). This album has two album covers: the racy one pictured and a boring one showing the band. The reason? Why of course certain stores refused to carry the racy one!

Def Leppard: Pyromania (1983). No 80's list would be complete without this British heavy metal band. Nothing hotter than exploding stuff!

Duran Duran: Rio (1981). Famous yet tacky 80s artist Patrick Nagel is featured on Duran Duran's "Rio" album. This cover is so fantastically cheesy - exactly what the 80's were all about.

Poison: Look What the Cat Dragged In (1989). Indeed.

Bruce Springsteen: Born In The USA (1984). Is he really urinating on the flag like the rumors claim, or trying to show off his toned tush?

Janet Jackson: Control (1986). After the poor critical and commercial reception of her first two albums, Janet took absolute control the third time around and got everyone's attention with this fierce album cover, with incredible tracks to match.

Aerosmith: Permanent Vacation (1987). This album marked a major turning point for Aerosmith. They sobered up, got back in the studio, and with their ninth album, shot right back to the level of popularity they enjoyed in the
    70s.

Michael Jackson: Thriller (1982). Alright This might not be the sexiest of album covers, but no discussion of hot 80's albums could ever be complete without Thriller, which remains the greatest selling album of all time.

Motley Crue: Girls Girls Girls (1987). Is this a handsome bunch or what? These boys enjoyed primping and preening as much as they enjoyed their drugs.

Rolling Stones: Undercover (1983). Nothing screams 80's fab like a naked chick with her nether regions masked by some tacky clip art.

Soul Asylum: Clam Dip & Other Delights (1988). No, this crazy idea didn't just come out of nowhere. This title and album cover are actually parodies of Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass's album Whipped Cream and Other Delights. Who knew clam dip could be so sexy?

Cyndi Lauper: She's So Unusual (1983). Cyndi's quirky, flamboyant style became a worldwide sensation with this album which featured megahits "Time After Time" and, of course, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."

Van Halen: 1984 (1984). An angel baby smoking cigarettes on the cover of a Van Halen album, it pretty much speaks for itself.

Prince: Love Sexy (1988). Prince ruled supreme in the decade when androgynous was the way to be.

The Go-Go's: Vacation (1982). The Go-Go's water skiing. On vacation. In tu-tus. Yay.

I vote for Motley Crue, big shock huh?
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Poison, what a bunch of weirdos. They look like a bunch of trannys... I can't believe woman actually like these turds.
    Last edited by Butterfly; January 23rd, 2009 at 07:47 AM.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

WHAT??? I obviously need to go to bed when someone is saying that Bruce Springsteen is pissing on the flag on his album cover.

^It looks like he is stroking it on the flag more than anything...
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8IrZ4sKLQw[/youtube]

Their definition of 'hot' is different from mine. The only one I would say is 'hot' is the Scorpions cover.

The Prince one made me laugh. Why is he posing like a girl, and covering his chest as though he's got boobs?

The Poison cover epitomizes 80's Hair Metal/Glam Rock very well, but men with big hair, makeup and kissy lips are anything but 'hot' to me.

("It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none, none more black"- Nigel Tufnel
    Fran Drescher was quite attractive, imo.)

Yeah,maybe more like memorable covers ..
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    [youtube]a8IrZ4sKLQw[/youtube]

Thank you so much Penny Lane, for these most excellent scenes from one of my very favorite movies. Made my day.

^^ One of my favorite movies as well! It's so funny.. the Stonehenge scene is priceless... as is the cucumber in tinfoil scene

"I think the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf." I love that film, too. So quotable. The Stonehenge scene is my absolute favourite, followed by Nigel's little hissy fit over the miniature bread.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54UU-fPIsY[/youtube]

I always loved the VAN HALEN COVER WITH CUPID
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Thread Information