Thread: Evanescence

Default Evanescence

What happened to this group? Did they break up? I just saw a video "Everybody's Fool" its sad.
    I love her voice.

Default Re: Evanescence

The big guy, Ben Moody (the one who wrote all the songs, say goodbye to the talent in that group) left because of drama with Amy Lee.. he's now penning Avril Lavigne's next album with her.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh wow, thanks

I though his departure was a rumor as well. The last I heard from Amy was when she sung with her boyfriend of Seether.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Evanescence: three birks and a ballerina.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

23 Jan 2006 Amy Lee talks about the new album

Evanescence's iconic frontwoman, Amy Lee, has posted a statement on Evanescence's website:

"I know everyone is dying to hear whats going on, and it's been a little while since I've posted.

"There's some stuff I really shouldn't talk about right now, but I want you to know that the record is coming out beautifully. Through all of the scary and insane drama over the last six months, there has also been a lot of good - I feel like a new person.

"As most of you already know, Terry [Balsamo, Evanescence /ex-COLD guitarist] had a stroke in November. A small chunk of this recording process was spent in the neurology unit at ULCA. Every time he would wake up, all he could talk about was getting out of the hospital and playing guitar. He actually had us bring his polka-dot Randy Rhoads guitar to the hospital. It's funny - after being stuck on lyrics for a month on one song, I remember finally writing them at the foot of Terry's bed in intensive care. It's wild how life inspires you - again reminding me that we have no control over anything.

"It's been two months, and Terry has made miraculous progress. He is in the studio with us right now, and everything is going ahead as planned. We are certain that he will make a full recovery - he's too stubborn to settle for anything less. Meanwhile, we were (and are) going through firing our manager, and as you can see (all over the freaking Internet), that hasn't been very easy for us either. BUT it always hurts to break through to the other side - to make the changes you have to make to help yourself, and I already feel so good. Weird. I feel better than I have in years. I love my album, I love my band, and I'm grateful for our lives. This album is meaning more and more to me as we finish it. Most of it was written when we came into the studio, but much more has poured out through all of this, making it that much better - that much more passionate.

"We will be finished with mixing and everything by March First. THAT MEANS it will be early fall when the album is actually on the shelf. We're thinking August.

"I hope you can understand the delay, and I promise the music will be worth it. I just can't wait to share it with everyone.

"Thank you all for being so patient and supportive. We love you!"

Since when is Amy Lee "iconic"?
    2 years...

Silver Member

Rumour has it there was an abusive relationship going on between Ben and Amy. Seems it was a lot darker than people thought.

That's too bad, i thought he was hot
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Isn't he a photographer????

http://www.excel-mt.com/main.htm

Thread Information