Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 90's skate rink music

^^^ oh yeah. i competed, so i had a bunch of skating outfits in my closet. dunno what happened to them. mom probably donated them to the Goodwill, and now some homeless person is drinking Boones farm in a bag and pissing on a wall in it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Oh good thread Lani!
    How about Barbie Girl by um some band..Aqua i think lol..
    i remember gangsters paradise..i thought it was the best song ever invented..well to skate to anyways lol.
    So come on baby, get in
    Get in, just get in
    Check out the trouble we're in

Elite Member

lol Gangstas paradise was the shit when I was 11. haha.

You guys have some great suggestions.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

"I Love You, Always Forever" by Donna Lewis

Did they ever play games at your skating rinks? Like they'd have the races and then they'd play the dice game, which is a skating version of musical chairs.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

We had races and "snowball" where girls lined up on one side and boys on the other and when the DJ blew a whistle, you had to select your partner for couple skating, grabbing them before someone else "claimed" them.

I took skating lessons and had skating leotards with skirts. But not too terribly ruffly, non-competition ones did look more like ballet/dancewear back then. And this was pre-scrunchy era, but mom used to either french braid my hair or put it up in a "bun" and put a little blush on my cheeks and lipgloss or vaseline on my lips. Oh yeah, I also had a couple pairs of those big, fluffy pompoms I occasionally wore on the end of my skates! Anyone remember those??

Here:
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I just thought of three. "Return of the mack" by Mark Morrison, "Your woman" by white town, and set adrift on a memory bliss by P.M. Dawn
    Last edited by Tierra; August 2nd, 2007 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Take out the 90's stuff for me. My skating rink days were mostly early-mid 80's. But that stuff is reminescent of what I used to hear at the dance clubs (the popular and obnoxiously large ones where everyone went to see and be seen) back in college days.
    Same here Mrs. Dark. I loved this one song (slow song) and have been searching for the title for a very long time. Don't even know the group who sing it, just a few lyrics.

It goes like this "Sometimes it seems like I just, can't get close enough to you, because I love you so much, do do do do do do do".

Anybody have any ideas on the title or even artist?
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

^ Could it be "Can't get close enough to you" by Michael Bolton?
    Last edited by Tierra; August 2nd, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

I must be old skool. Brass Money - Beasties boys was my poison. We'd hang out on the carpeted area for the crappy songs. When a good one came on it was a fight to see who could get to the floor the fastest to bust a few moves. Skating backwards was my thang. Of course I quit going to tha rink at age 11.

I love it that they still play NStink at the bowling alley. Bye bye bye!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tierra View Post
    ^ Could it be "Can't get close enough to you" by Michael Bolton?
    No, Tierra but thanks for the guess. It almost sounds like the group that sings "You must be a special lady, and a very exciting girl, you gotta be a special lady, cause you got me sittin on top of the world, sittin on top of the world". I don't even no who sings that one either.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Take out the 90's stuff for me. My skating rink days were mostly early-mid 80's. But that stuff is reminescent of what I used to hear at the dance clubs (the popular and obnoxiously large ones where everyone went to see and be seen) back in college days.
    Me too.

I remember Prince's Erotic City was huge back then. We'd all scream a little bit and skate really fast shimmying our little hips. Then later on during the clubbing years, it was NIN Closer that got everyone riled up.

God, the memories of the skating rink. I'm actually very nostalgic about that time and kind of sad that it's no longer popular and that my son won't get to experience it.

Crushes never seemed to die harder than when the cutie you slow-skated with last week was now skating with some other 10 year-old hussy in multi-colored leg warmers and her own pretty white skates (I was poor and had to rent them). And the games - I was the queen of limbo and the one where you crouch down to an almost sitting position and put one leg out and you see who can go the farthest. I had unrivaled balance back then. Now, I can't hardly walk two steps without tripping, but man, those were the days.
    Last edited by nwgirl; August 3rd, 2007 at 12:29 PM.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    No, Tierra but thanks for the guess. It almost sounds like the group that sings "You must be a special lady, and a very exciting girl, you gotta be a special lady, cause you got me sittin on top of the world, sittin on top of the world". I don't even no who sings that one either.
    Darnit! This is a really hard song to find! I was able to find the artist of "Special Lady" The group is named Ray, Goodman & Brown. I hope that helps!

Hi! I'm New Here!

Man you're literally my hero, i was at the bar and for some reason the skating rink came into the convo, and i was completely bumbed cause i couldn't remember any of the son's i used to skate to from PM till midnight every Saturday night, i wanted to join in on the convo, but all i could really remember was boys to men, cause damn near every couples skate they would play one of there songs, and rappers delight, other that i couldn't remember nothing, sucked hard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information