Thread: Katy Perry

Eli

Default Katy Perry

Argh!
    I love her new album! It's insane!
    Totally only heard her less than a day ago now I love her.
    She also looks like Zooey Deschanel, too.

Here's one of her singles. I prefer other songs but this is good too.
    edit: OK, unavailable off youtube due to copyright laws. Anyone? (It's called "I Kissed A Girl")

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Argh!
    I love her new album! It's insane!
    Totally only heard her less than a day ago now I love her.
    She also looks like Zooey Deschanel, too.

Here's one of her singles. I prefer other songs but this is good too.
    edit: OK, unavailable off youtube due to copyright laws. Anyone? (It's called "I Kissed A Girl")
    Loooove her!

I think she looks like a hybrid of Emily Blunt and Zooey D. She's beautiful!

Eli

Yes!
    OMG I have listened to her album non-stop, I've let all my friends listen and they want me to burn the album for them... I can't get over it! I reckon this'll be big. I love the song Ur So Gay, too.

Eli

I wrote a review for Amazon on her!

(4 stars) What Avril Lavigne's 2nd album should have looked like, June 19, 2008

Hooray!
    After years of sick leave, pop has finally returned to mainstream music! Emo, alternative, indie, Amy Winehouse and the gang have finally stepped back for Katy Perry, who is bound to become a humongous star.
    So let's look at the album. As soon as I saw the composers for all the songs, I knew I was going to like this album. You've got Dr. Luke. You've got the guys who wrote for Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys back when their music was actually good. You've even got the guy who co-wrote 'Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)' by Lindsay. In my books, that's an excellent sign anyway.
    What you get with this collaboration is a funky, catchy pop album with (believe it or not) more than 10 tracks packed with ballads and ditzy fun.
    As a mega-fan of Avril Lavigne's first album, I have to say that this is very reminiscent of the style and the spirit of 'Let Go', but not entirely. Katy has her own style and there's something refreshingly lovable about her, and her voice. You can spot her personality in the lyrics, and her feistiness as well. Like she quoted once, there's a lot of humor to her songs and lyrics.
    I have only been listening to this album for a day and it's already etched into my brain. I have almost memorized all of the songs. They're just so refreshing and new. Obvious hits are "Ur So Gay" which boasts an incredibly catchy and original chorus, and "I Kissed A Girl" which could rival porky Pink's punk any day. Songs I personally like are, in no particular order: "Hot'n'Cold", "Thinking of You", and "If You Can Afford Me", but it's really unfair to name any because to be honest, all the songs on this album are good.
    Fans of Duffy, Amy Winehouse or anyone else in those genres, look elsewhere because this is pure and simple pop. And God, I have MISSED pop! It's great to have clever and meaningful lyrics matched to equally original tunes. People seem to have forgotten about the tunes lately.
    Katy obviously hasn't, and if she isn't eventually bigger and more adored than Avril Lavigne herself, I will be one very stunned individual.
    Bring on the 2nd album already!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

She's awesome!
    "I Kissed A Girl" is so catchy and upbeat. Definitely a Myspace song!! =D

I like her voice but i hate 'I Kissed A Girl'.

It's a cover of the 1990s Jill Sobule song isn't it?

My MySpace-addicted young emo housemate tried to show me this outrageous new MySpace hit and how funny it was, and was most put out that not only was I not phased by the girl-on-girl lyrics, but knew the song already... and knew it was originally done by Sobule. When I was in early high school!

Eli

Nah it's not a cover. Same name.

You should direct your emo friend to her other hit single "Ur So Gay" and watch his smile drop.

Isn't it? Bugger. I hate having to admit that he was right - he's such a cocky little bugger!!!

i like 'I kissed a girl' but i really have to hear more. i saw her on So you think you can dance, and i wasnt impressed'. i hate that they make these people lip sync
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information