Thread: Bruce Springsteen to play 2 rehearsal shows

Default Bruce Springsteen to play 2 rehearsal shows

ASBURY PARK, N.J. - Bruce Springsteen is performing two benefit rehearsal shows on the city's boardwalk this week to give fans a preview of his new album and upcoming tour.

The shows, set for Monday and Tuesday night at the oceanfront Convention Hall, quickly sold out, with fans paying $100 to hear the Garden State's favorite son perform on his home turf.

Convention Hall isn't far from the clubs — many now closed — where Springsteen and the E Street Band rose to fame in the 1970s. Springsteen has used Convention Hall for other pre-tour rehearsals.

A native of nearby Freehold, the 58-year-old rocker still lives in Monmouth County.

Springsteen and the band are to begin a tour in support of their new album, "Magic," which is due out Oct. 2. The tour opens with a show in Hartford, Conn., that night.

Other dates include Oct. 9-10 at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, N.J., and Oct. 17-18 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

"Magic" is the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer's first album with his longtime New Jersey mates since the Sept. 11-inspired "The Rising" in 2002. Their 15-month tour in support of the album has sold out stadiums and arenas around the globe.

Aside from the atmospheric title track, "Magic" returns Springsteen to rock 'n' roll, and all 11 songs are new. He released a solo acoustic effort, "Devils & Dust," in 2005 and the folk-inspired "The Seeger Sessions" last year.

"Magic" features guitarists Steve Van Zandt and Nils Lofgren, bassist Garry Tallent, drummer Max Weinberg, keyboardists Danny Federici and Roy Bittan, "Big Man" Clarence Clemons on saxophone, violinist Soozie Tyrell and vocalist Patti Scialfa, Springsteen's wife.

Springsteen to play 2 rehearsal shows - Yahoo! News

He's supposed to be on 'The Today' show this week (I think)!

Nice to see The Boss back out there!

Yeah he still lives in the same part of Jersey-but not in Freehold..isn't he living in a huge mansion in Rumson or something like that?

*still love him and his music...cannot fucking believe his is 58!! wow.. damn I am old.

I love Bruce. If I listen to the old stuff too much I can't work out if I want to take Mary by the hand and together bust of out of Jersey for good or just plan a joint suicide. Too much early Springsteen on a bad day can be a bit depressing, but damn, I love him!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I love Bruce. If I listen to the old stuff too much I can't work out if I want to take Mary by the hand and together bust of out of Jersey for good or just plan a joint suicide. Too much early Springsteen on a bad day can be a bit depressing, but damn, I love him!
    Nebraska can be downright suicide inducing if you are in the wrong mood to listen to it. On the flip side 'Blinded by the Light" is fun and an early one right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Yeah he still lives in the same part of Jersey-but not in Freehold..isn't he living in a huge mansion in Rumson or something like that?

*still love him and his music...cannot fucking believe his is 58!! wow.. damn I am old.
    he lives in Rumson, but keeps a farm in Colts Neck too

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    he lives in Rumson, but keeps a farm in Colts Neck too
    He was my absolute favorite singer/songwriter in the early and mid eighties. *misses those days*

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Nebraska can be downright suicide inducing if you are in the wrong mood to listen to it. On the flip side 'Blinded by the Light" is fun and an early one right?
    Holy Crap! Nebraska was the album I was thinking of. It's not one I can listen to if I am in a particularly slumpy mood. You're right..it's suicide inducing.

Still, he was super hot back then, why not be led down a path to despair and gritty angst-filled doom than by his hand.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Thread Information