Thread: New music thread

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Default New music thread

Tell us what new cds you have bought/downloaded and what you think of them.

We just got:

The Smashing Pumpkins- Zeitgeist: I don't know if I consider it the Pumpkins without Iha, but I like what I have heard. It sounds a bit "pop" at times which is actually good. "Tarantula" sounded pretty horrible when they were performing it live recently on all of the night shows but the recorded version is great. Lord Brit has harrassed me our entire relationship for like the Pumpkins but this album has won him over and he is now looking over some of their older stuff.

Rufus Wainwright- Release the Stars: It is very mellow. It isn't something I will listen to daily but would put in on a cold fall day and listen to while reading a book. I just love his voice.

Take That- Beautiful World: I hated boy bands back in the day but saw TT at the Concert for Diana and had seen some old vids while in England. I was intrigued. This album has been out quite a while but is new to me. It is very "pop" but I do like it. Fun to sing along to while making the road trip to my sister's. It is only available here in the States as an import but TT have signed with an American recording company so maybe....

Lord Brit just ordered:

Suzanne Vega-Beauty and Crime: I am not a huge SV fan but there are a couple of songs on this album I like. He loves it.

Tegan and Sara- The Con: Again, I am not a fan but he is and really likes what he has heard of it.

My younger sister's a big fan of Tegan and Sara. She's been listening to the album non-stop for months now (thanks to an internet leak) and I have to say, they're pretty good.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Just got the new Foo Fighters. It is GREAT!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I love the song Frank & Ava off of Suzanne Vega's new thing. The newest music I've purchased would be that; I've just been rebuilding my collection and buying cd's that I had previously abused. On like my 5th copy of Portishead's Dummy.

sk6
    Bronze Member

I like the singles from Fergie's latest album.

Thread Information