Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The trance thread!

Default The trance thread!

okay well im a huge fan of trance and have been for years (aswell as many other genre's) so thought id make a thread on it...so anyway i dunno if there are any other fans of it here but if you are, who are your favourite artists, sub genre's, clubs, dj's etc. etc.??? discuss anything trance HERE!

i prefer all the older "classic" trance myself and then alot of uplifting and prog trance. some of my favourite artists in the genre are to name a few..

paul van dyk (and the visions of shiva)
    cosmic baby (and the visions of shiva)
    dance 2 trance
    vincent de moor (and alias veracocha)
    ferry corsten (and aliases moonman, system f, veracocha, gouryella, etc.)
    dj tiesto (and aliases stray dog, da joker, allure, kamaya painters, gouryella )
    brian transeau
    legend b
    man with no name
    effective force
    matt darey (and lost tribe)
    chicane
    jam and spoon
    orbital
    taucher
    hybrid
    agnelli and nelson
    the klf
    tilt
    delerium (remixes fall under trance)
    oliver lieb (aka LSG)
    M.I.K.E. (aka push)
    junk project

and more recent artists that i still enjoy or have come to enjoy

above and beyond (and tranquility base and oceanlab)
    vibrasphere
    luminary
    infected mushroom
    jonas steur
    signum

anyway ive dragged on here lol but discuss..

I want tiesto to die. Stupid fuckface.

He was headlining a party here in Toronto at The Docks, and my crew and I were hired by the prod company to record his stupid set.. so we had the computer all set up. So tiesto-fuckface finally comes on but there are going to be pyrotechnics for his set, and security asks us to clear out.. fair enough, we leave the puter running..

So after the pyros go off, we try to get back to the stage, and security wont let us on.. "mr tiesto doesnt want anybody else on stage".. we yell back we're hired by the production company to record the set, which its doing right now, and we need to get back to the computer.. security refuses to budge.. then we see Tiesto has his stupid DJ whore skanks up there, THEY seem to be allowed.. after an hour of screaming at security, we finally say fuck it and go off into the crowd..

Turns out after the party the production company is super pissed because one of Tiesto-fuckfaces stupid DJ whore skanks yanked the wire out from out puter to the mixer, effectively losing half his set.

What a fuckin DOUCHE.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

yea he's a stuck up faggot now who makes absolute crap. after 2002 it all wentr downhill for him, yet ironically he got more popular....see what happens when dj's become rockstars

Ironically, 2002 is when this took place..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

lol, coincidence?

A*O

I love a bit of trance on the iPod at the gym. It's the PERFECT cardio workout music. Don't know much about the people who produce/perform it. I have a few fave tracks but don't know what they're called because I usually buy compilation CDs. But I know I like it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

haha me 2, its great. something about it just gives you that extra drive

The only type of music I listened to for a while was trance/house, etc. I still like it, but not nearly as much as I used to back in 1999-2002. I don't know what's new.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Trance/techno used to be pretty cool back in the 90s and early 2000's, nowaday no idea what type of trance is out there. I became bored of techno after 2002.

Some good songs and Djs:

paul van dyk - for an angel (i was addicted to this song)
    chicane had some cool tunes
    tiesto- southern sun, delirium
    armin van buuren
    cosmic gates - good set to see live

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    The only type of music I listened to for a while was trance/house, etc. I still like it, but not nearly as much as I used to back in 1999-2002. I don't know what's new.
    99 to 01 was the prime of the genre and when the most quality and quantity was produced, since then it has basically just gotten alot cheesier and more poppy but hasnt really evolved much since then in my opinion. although there are still gems out there, its just harder to come across them.

basically anjunabeats and asot are the dominant labels and sounds now and havent changed much at all, sean tyas is huge and is producing the biggest pile of garbage ever by an artist. tiesto and paul van dyk are absolutely shit now im sorry to say..

Tiesto and Paul Van Dyk have become too commercial, surely, they have the potential to produce better tracks. But probably comes down to their record companies as to what music is preferred to be released in the market. Nowadays pop and cheesy dance tracks sell.

yea they do but they always have so i dont see why it should change, if anything pop and cheesy dance tracks were more popular during the 90's and yet they didnt make it back then. nowadays the whole electrohouse thing is more popular really, i dont see the reasoning for them to change their styles, they didnt need the money.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg is this thread for realz! YES!!
    thanks you delerium!

it appears this thread is alive lol

Delerium, your name says it all. I love Delerium music. I also own the NYC Underground Party Volumes 1-5. I know people Louie DeVito sampled alot, but 3 and 4 were good. I always heard them in clubs. What's good now and days? I love trip-hop as well.
    In the 90's it was different. Early 90's I mean. They used alot of piano based tracks. I don't really classify early 90's music as trance though, but it all leads to the same thing...clubbing.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information