Login to remove the ads!

Thread: REM to get into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Default REM to get into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

REM gain rock Hall of Fame place

US rock group REM are among five acts chosen for induction into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rockers Van Halen, singer Patti Smith, hip hop pioneer Grandmaster Flash and 1960s girl group The Ronettes will also be honoured at a ceremony in March.
    Some 600 industry experts chose the artists for the annual induction.
    Musicians for the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, based in Cleveland, Ohio, are considered for induction 25 years after their first recording.
    REM released their debut single in 1982, later achieving worldwide fame with their 1991 album Out of Time which featured the songs Losing My Religion and Shiny Happy People.
    Van Halen, founded by guitarist Eddie Van Halen, are one of America's most successful hard rock bands, with hits including Dance The Night Away and Jump.
    Smith is best known for her 1975 debut album Horses, considered one of the most influential rock albums of all time, and the hit single Because the Night that she co-wrote with Bruce Springsteen.
    Grandmaster Flash is considered one of the founding fathers of hip hop, and was behind classic '80s tracks The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on The Wheels of Steel and The Message.
    The Ronettes' hits included Be My Baby, Baby I Love You and Walking in the Rain.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6242515.stm
    -----------------------------------------

About bloody time!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

All right! I love REM! Good for theM!
    Go Habs Go!!

Thread Information